Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just got this game, hear nothing but non spoiler praise and seen only memes like the "Officer, do monsters actually taste good?" and such. Read OP and tomorrow I'm gonna get some coffee in the morning and run around with high Logic and Encyclopedia and balance out anything else i can EXCEPT verbal skills, will power and physicality.

WISH ME LUCK.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

christmas boots posted:

if you're avoiding those skills mostly because you're afraid they'll make you too competent

Buddy, I don't even have those skills irl.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

goblin week posted:

never reload

Yes.
Good Logic and tagged Empathy.

Just met with Kim and I'm cemented that I'm a huge dumbass, realize others see me as a dumb rear end and the only thing I can do is realize this as a fact and do nothing else to change it. At least thus far.

This is amazing.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 5, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

christmas boots posted:

"Have you removed the dead body from the tree?"

The what from the what now?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nash posted:

Please just do a trip report as you delve into this and post your honest thoughts and ideas as you go along. And for the love of God no one spoil anything.

"I live in a dumpster, hobocop!"

Later,
"Officer, is that your paperwork in the trash?"

"Yes, this is my home and office."

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It's 17:16 of Day 1 and I've just now got my second shoe from the balcony after doing everything up to getting my hand crunched by Measurehead twice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

King Carnivore posted:

Your run is starting out pretty great already. Detective arriving on scene with only one green snakeskin shoe on.

Got called a pig by kids, lost a fight to a giant racist multiple times, got manipulated into corporate dirty work by a rich lady on a boat and found out I pawned my service weapon, threw some poor old men's ball into the sea also with the one snakeskin shoe.

Oh and my morale dried up I think? and got a fail state. Woops.

e;

Updog Scully posted:

Actual most important advice you'll hear on this thread: save often. If you die, back to your last save you go.

Also won't lie the subreddit is making some points

I can pick up after my last encounter with measurehead that really took a toll. Need some magnesium i think.

e;
Right before I found my shoe. I'll leave it up on the balcony for now.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 6, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
End of the first in game day.
Measurehead still blocks the way, don't want to get help from scabs and REALLY want to knock his block off myself having to listen to his dialogue. Need more xp points for that to work tho, no way I can get the cash for the track suit pants and jacket to help with that. It'd look loving rad I bet tho with the beanie and gloves I found in the garbage.

But I did unlock Hobocop thought so maybe I can actually find some more cans around tomorrow.

Had a great chat with Kim when we debriefed about the days events on the balcony. He's so cool!

Oh god that dream sequence. They managed to top the opening sequence, it's amazing stuff.
Thank God I don't go into work tomorrow, I'd probably die in my sleep or on the way in thinking about the limbic system and lizard brain dialogue.

Great place to leave off for today.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 6, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Knocked the gently caress out of Measurehead and got him to take down the corpse from the tree. Spinning heel kick in hobo gloves and beanie AND fixed ledger in hand.
DISCO INFERNO!

The autopsy went well, kept it by the book cause I respect Kim so much. Didn't do the check for looking deeper in the mouth of the corpse cause it was 8% on the check but even a failure would have gained something interesting. But again, let Kim cut the steel reinforced rope and didn't want to gently caress anything up here.

Another play through perhaps.

Dear God, the encounter with the union leader was rough, worse than having to face Measurehead even.
EVERYONE HAS ME BY THE BALLS.

fake edit cause i left this tab and post open while playing;
Stood in the rain lost in thought after Kim left. Maybe I'm falling in love with him?

Also. This construction thing is super sus, it's definitely no youth centre, another dock and port? Some hidden check is not ticking to let me see this maybe.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 6, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
gently caress rent money, I need that sweet sweet Drouamine and Magnesium.

e;
also funny I'm hitting my vape and drinking mike's harder black cherries while keeping my character sober and straight edge.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Forgot to mention i also had the Neat Office Shades on also when I took down Measurehead.

loving Superstar Cop.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
That poo poo sounds too loving real.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

King Carnivore posted:

It’s one of the few ways you can actually “gently caress up” a run

Life*

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

christmas boots posted:

Should have done the check imo sometimes miracles can happen. Not the end of the world though

Holy poo poo.
Just tried the check with Rene that was 12% chance I let lie before passed it MIRACULOUSLY and get all this dialogue from an aged veteran.

Composure, Medium: Success
"It's in his spine, in his billowing breast. An untarnished self worth."
:munch:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

King Carnivore posted:

That’s right. Eventually everyone goes to sleep and since time only progresses if you’re interacting with a person or object, and provided all the tare available to you has already been harvested, time just stands still and you have no where to sleep to progress time.

Eternity on the street, no time, no money, no rest. Only the cold and the loneliness.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Now for the REAL question, do I want to hit the 1% chance to impress Rene with my own heroics?

Yes. Yes I do.

e;
oh, oh this is quite embarrassing.

e2;
And took up being the rich lady the boat henchman against the Union without Kim around. Man Im a real gently caress up.

e;3
You know that rule about no one stopping you and get in anywhere when youre carring a ladder? same for if you have a ledger and a crowbar!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 6, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Gay Thoughts Unlocked.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

UnknownMercenary posted:

Be sure to talk to your partner about it.

Wasn't an option while we waited on the swing for the low tide to investigate the crashed car.

And it was pretty obvious what the mystery of the car was gonna lead to it's still really loving great the way it's all presented...

Oh God, no...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Lmao that part is great. In hindsight it seems obvious but it's a total gut punch when it happens.

Knew it from the visual calculus when I first inspected the wrecked fence. Only a daredevil superstar hobo cop questioning their sexuality in their mid/late? thirties could pull off those maneuvers.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got my gun back. The Pigs is gonna get help from the Hardie Boys and... Empathy is cruel, like a weight stone tied around the neck, slowly strangling those who have it.

Cuno is also taking up the arts.
A lorry driver I don't remember the name of has a bit more hope in humanity.
A dead guy who liked vodka and kebab on the peer is heading to the morgue instead of falling into the sea to be forgotten...
Etc. Etc.

Maybe this is all leading to something close to Bladerunner 2049, a dead detective running themselves ragged and dying to do good and even though it changes nothing in the wider world. Maybe It's enough.

Hobocop staring up at a neon hologram of Kim goes here.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 8, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SixFigureSandwich posted:

I'd add some very general advice around that the game gives you a ton of tasks early on, but just to chill and do whatever they want and that there isn't really any time pressure.

One step at a time in the cold wind and snow. *mournful trumpets can be heard in the distance*

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just finished the game. Lot of Text and lot of spoilers.

****** :)

Holy gently caress, Shivers.
It's always been really cool moments of internal dialogue. I had gotten the Shivers check for the internal dialogue that ends with CHECK UNDER THE FLOOR BOARDS that I thought was just a Poe reference cause there was no immediate interactivity with the floor anywhere. Even after sleeping there. But then I got to the part where I found the bullet under the floor board after talking to the old woman about Ruby that I just about jumped out of my chair shouting obscenities in disbelief.

But before that point in time...

I let Klassje go. Well didn't arrest her or file any paperwork.
Thanks to Volition tho I at least got more out of her, if not more lies, some more half truths and more importantly, LEADS. She didn't kill the man, why kill him and then not quietly dispose of the body when there are no witnesses or any suspicions of anything? Industrial espionage? Start a war between Wild Pines and the Union? Way too circuitous, way too many things to go wrong. Maybe she is a genius social engineer, God of manipulation. Volition is right but also says not to course correct too aggressively. And the logic of the murder don't make sense at all for that either. She'd have to be loving one merc, manipulate him into falling in love and quitting his life as it us AND know that another would kill him in retaliation for deciding to quit. At least that's what I gathered after listening to the recording of the hanged man, seems like Harry would identify with him even more here, pressing arete on the pawn shop boom box on his shoulder dressed in rags from the trash and patrol coat, holding a tare bag in the other.

Failed the visual calculus on the window but again, even if the shot came from inside or on the patio somewhere or even anywhere nearby, no one heard any of it. Still doesn't make sense. Even if there was another person involved.

Klassje. Genius? God? I don't have the Rhetoric to match that silver tongue. At any rate if that were the case would I even be talking to her here? If this was all her doing why not flee at any time and be done with this? She is cornered, as she says.
It's not kind to prod at animals in a cage. Or to serve them up to their butcher.

She will be okay, she is free.

Missed catching the flowers, I may have stopped drinking but I'm a clumsy oaf either way. Those were important to this. I know it.

Shivers from the snow. I know to listen to this, after the floorboard situation. I have to.
After encountering her I passed the check to destroy the machine and I had so many questions but not when the other person has a gun in their mouth. She isn't a killer, she could have easily killed us both in an abandoned tunnel, in an abandoned building in an abandoned region and not even had to do any body disposal. Just left us to rot. Missing forever.

No answers.
At least not from her directly, the notebook is all me and Kim need. It will have to do.
She has friends and people she can trust to find her way anywhere she needs to. Bon voyage, Ruby.

The loving tribunal, drunk mercs making a big show of an impending execution.

[Espiritus de Corpus - Medium: Success]
Kim is right, you must do something. Duty calls.

[Composure - Legendary: Failure]
Oh poo poo. Oh gently caress. Oh piss.

[Volition - Heroic: Success]
Once more, into the fray.

[Electrochemistry - Easy: Success]
Quick! Take all the speed you confiscated off Cuno's dad, die like a true soldier! It's what Rene would have wanted.

I was sure it had to be one of the mercenaries. The trained marksman, the KILLER. Military grade rifle, murder weapon. Commanding officer sounded like they wanted to quit and run off with a local... a loincloth they say, betray his subordinates, abandon them and dishonor them all, motive.

Exhausting all the dialogue and passing the checks bought time. Wish it had bought reason and a stay for this execution. It bought only moments...

I had logic but you can't logic murderers out of the act once they've already decided on it. Not these guys.
Rhetoric? Not my strong suit but even a miraculous success by dragging this out... they're killers. Not here for debate.
I have no evidence cause I missed the bullet in his mouth... Shivers was it? Or Perception? Inland Empire? Probably would've made a difference sooner or maybe not, these assholes were dead set on revenge no matter the evidence or insights from my inner self.

No time for any of that now. Only thing left is a pitiful chance at landing the first strike.

I passed the check to shoot the big merc in the face!
Maybe it was the Precarious World thought? Felt like one of the best ideas out there. Right below the GAY THOUGHTS.
Also maybe the blue and red police dice in my pocket, master crafted just for me.

It definitely helped that I exhausted all dialogue and passed all the other checks. I actually shot him in the face. I loving dodged the rifle shot? WTF. And Kim, Authority was one of the last things on my mind, I walked around with the Ledger of Failure and Hatred (-2 Authority) and only took it off and put on a policeman cap to try the Authority check on Titus that got me access to Klassje when I couldn't get anything else done.

I still had the ledger with the Authority check in the gun fight too, -2 to Authority and + to Empathy... but there is no place for empathy here either.
I passed the check. Kim is unharmed!

I look the rear end in a top hat in the eyes when he takes his shot at me. I am the law. I am a man. I face the world and don't blink.
Kim treated me himself and I have a hole in my leg and survived a bacterial infection.

A real poo poo show. But Titus and the surviving Hardie Boys will get through. I shook his hand, man to man. Not a cop. Did that with other decisions, I'm wearing the uniform... coat... but I'm still a person. Bastard and miserable that I am.

Another clue...
Klassje was kind enough to leave a string on the wall leading through the window. I had failed the Visual Calculus before on an EVEN check.
So only one thing left I guess...

Then Finally the island... The killer. He died a long time ago and has been a spiteful and malevolent entity in Revachol for decades. Maybe this is where all the ghost stuff would've gone if I wasn't being so logical? Definitely would have found a way to him through the tunnel networks. The flowers would have been a more solid evidence for motive maybe. Either way they are unnecessary after talking to him. And... THAT loving BLUE DOOR! Does it lead to the tunnels??? FUUUUUUCKKK!!!!

Holy loving poo poo the phasmid. This uh *explains* a lot. Kim got a picture and the uh dialogue with her?... explains?... a lot? Uh. Yeah.
And the metaphor the killer not seeing the phasmid for the reeds. oh... I GET IT!

Okay, finally, Harry Du Bois was a gym teacher and a gym rat. Never heard the words homosexuality BUT SURE AS HELL HAD THOUGHTS, ALL THE TIME.
This is canon.

So now Kim is recruited to the 41st and we solve crimes together. The End.

And also, makes sense I'm so *juvie* as Kim said, got Cuno to pursue his passion, threw a cigarette onto Cindy's blood and fuel mix and gave a shout in appreciation of her message, I got Andre and his friends off drugs and helped them out with their club. Even named it... DISCO ELYSIUM.
THE END

This was great. Better than great, I don't have the Rhetoric to pass this check and say more. Sad to see the posts about the studio and devs. :(

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 12, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GlyphGryph posted:

Thank you immensely for posting your voyage and let me relive playing the game again for the first time, just a little bit.

I'm a cop, if not a cop simply a man in relentless pursuit of the truth. Oh forgot to mention I was wincing and bleeding everywhere. Wasn't just me double clicking to move around faster, noticed the guy selling stuff out of his lorry mention i was limping as I was clicking once to move and give myself time to think irl. Oh, is the game keeping track? Seems like it was, definitely after Kim mentioned it days ago, always running.

So taking a rest was OUT OF CHARACTER

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

uber_stoat posted:

NOW DO IT AGAIN

[Volition - Godly: Success]
Once more, into the fray.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 12, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GlyphGryph posted:

Understood, and I figured that was the case! Like I said, I skipped it too. But if you have a save, definitely go back and take a rest anyway, its the one design quibble I have with the game, to have done it the way they did, but I think it is worth experiencing even just as bonus "alternate timeline" content if you finished without doing it.

Oh, meta talk about dialogue trees and questions and telling Kim about a task chain to complete. Oh man, thought I had to Succeed in the visual calculus inside the church to leave the figurine there.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Eiba posted:

I'm going to spoiler tag all this for folks going through the game for the first time. It's all endgame stuff.

For me the overwhelming beauty of that scene came because I had, in my brain, completely given up on the cryptid, but spitefully went through the motions of hope anyway because I cared about the people involved.

The cryptid subplot was presented as an absurd waste of time busy work side quest. That's gonna be the best kind of quest in a game like this, so I was all in from the start, especially since Lena was so nice to me right from the start, when I had only the barest conception of the world (and an embarrassing need for money).

The best trick was that there was actually a really solid and conclusive ending to that quest. After running around, meeting and talking to everyone involved, you can eventually find out that Lena doesn't fully believe what she saw. It's so fundamental to her relationship though that she's really anxious. Everything becomes thematically clear: like communism, even if it never existed, what's really important is what they built together. The truth isn't important, love is.

I thought this was a really touching and meaningful message. I decided it wasn't important if the cryptid was materially real, because it was so obviously emotionally real. I had them spray me with pheromones and checked all the traps again and never bathed, not to find the cryptid that I couldn't really believe in, but because I believed in Lena's love.

And then that plot was over and it was time to deal with the murder at last. And it turned out the murder was about communism, women, lost ideals. A great finale to the game. A melancholy reflection on personal connections in a fallen world.

Except then, out of nowhere, the Insulindian Phasmid is right there. Honestly, my first reaction was to think I had finally lost it. There were even dialog options implying I had realized I finally lost it. But there was an option to ask Kim.

When Kim said he saw it too- that's the moment I broke down. I was not at all emotionally prepared.

I was completely blindsided by the beauty of the Phasmid's words. Just the fact of it changed everything. And it spoke of hope and humanity. It was one of the most moving things I ever experienced.

That all is to say, I would personally not tell new players to keep the pheromones on. If I had been told that I would be waiting for a payoff. The experience I had was as overwhelming as it was because I had convinced myself it wasn't going to happen. I got to experience the impossible.

Everyone will have a different experience, and I get the feeling of not wanting someone else to miss out, but this game has just gotta be experienced in its own terms.

Went back and read this, yeah same. I kept telling Kim, I don't really believe I'm just doing someone a favor. Phasmid hunters having a rough time, I told Lena that her times meant something and it's not NOTHING just because she thinks she made it up.

That necklace she gave me came in real handy. Wish I had one for real.

And I didn't wash off the pheromones cause I wanted to be stinky. [/s]Garbage can only stink you up so much!

Stinky Gay Hobo Cop

Also, trying a new game now.
I ran off on Garte the first time and nailed the exit. Having to come crawling back tho... yeesh. But like others said, Failure is okay in this game, now I have a lighter bill to pay I think! Amazing gameplay!

e;
Wonder if this will effect the dialogue later...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh another thing from the game I finished, was that higher up cops making a list? thought it was for a task force cause I'm that much of a bad rear end detective they'd say OF COURSE to including me. But then they said, "when the time comes, he will side with the people." I mean OBVIOUSLY. The world is full of them and I am also one, what else is there? Kim said i was into Masovian economics, never went full communist tho, like all the other ideological thought they were pretty distracting and useless.

Wonder what else is a metaphor for living under capitalism? I'm sure the Hardie Boys would be helped by this. Or everyone in fishing village.

Especially Free Market, yeah I'm taking bribes and running around collecting trash. You do what you gotta do to pay the drat rent and get what you need to solve the case. The system is broken i said to myself and some others before because this is no way to LIVE. And communist thought? A lot of big words don't seem that helpful to the people right here, right now. Focus and do something... material. You know?

Maybe going with that thought will lead to something though but everything in the world pointed to a lot of alienating dense texts and headaches. Could lead to something tho.

Pretty sure Free Market and Electrochemistry would go hand in hand. Those guys SUUUUCK.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 12, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mystic Mongol posted:

The communards did something material. And then other nations showed up with a sky armada and carried out the systematic extermination of 40 million people. The warships that destroyed Revachol are still there in the sky, 40 years later, ready to spring into action should Revachol try to make its own decisions again, but doing nothing to help when a nuclear power plant melted down after the revolution.

There's a lot to not like about the communards, but inaction was not one of their flaws.

Revachol is pretty clearly about to have another revolution. The Deserter is wrong when he says the material conditions for revolution have vanished--they've never been stronger. Everyone you meet in Martinaise is obsessed with politics and political theory: Even the hustlers and grinders trying to make five bucks are able to debate the philosophical underpinnings of selling knock-off shoes from the back of a truck, and they're holding their ideas up for critique from one another. Martinaise is ready for a new government, one not based on living in fear from the battleships pointing guns down from the heavens.

Is anyone in the game happy that Airship Archer is up there?

Didn't say all that about the communards, just about me running around spouting communism words. Yeah the revolution was a major something and the deserter thing was loud and clear with the phasmid and reeds metaphor. He is blind to it, consumed by his own Failure and Hatred.

Maybe I should actually talk the talk, it felt cheap after walking the walk... running, actually.

E;

wiegieman posted:

The Deserter is an incredibly bitter old fool. He literally assassinated someone for the local labor union and is witnessing one of the largest corporations in the world get thrown out by a militant labor action just across the water. He watches a couple of beat cops and the local union muscle face down a team of armor plated, heavily armed killers with nothing but two muzzle loading pistols and their fists. He refuses to believe in anything but his specific revolution.

I love that everyone in Revachol is falling over themselves to talk politics to you and everyone else in earshot. It's practically the national sport.

Definitely then. Gonna give more to Rhetoric and think more before I act.

e2;
Actually I must have to get that ending slide... like I did tell the old woman in the village about being charged rent to not freeze to death in the streets. She gave me the room rent free... that was great. I just now realize i probably did miss a lot like that then.

And yeah, I was thinking the same thing the fucker saw the whole tribunal nonsense? Couldn't have helped out with one loving bullet for one of the mercs? What a loving rear end in a top hat.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 12, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

wiegieman posted:

Passing that check is one of the best moments in the game. It's pretty much the writers baring their souls, or what they would like to be in their souls.

Is there any sharp distinction?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 12, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
New game, gonna take off the clothes and leave the single shoe on. See how things go from there.

No wiping the mirror off either.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Staltran posted:

To be fair (but you don't gotta had it to him) he probably didn't have any. He's out of bullets when you meet him, and probably hasn't shot anything since the tribunal. The bullet that killed The Hanged Man was probably his very last one.

If he had a thousand crates of rifle rounds he still wouldn't have lifted/squeezed a finger. His dialogue makes that clear.
A self hating misanthrope with a grain of longing that got Harry involved, if only he knew what he was awakening with that fateful shot.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Kim was gone driving the body to the morgue my first game when I talked to everyone the second day. He's with me when I'm talking to Martin Matinaise and he can barely hold himself together. Harry: WHY IS THE SMOKER ON THE BALCONY SO MYSTERIOUS - Kim: :hehe:

Also, think i misread and misheard Cuno interactions after the locusts thing. Thought he was embracing art and being whoever he wants. Now it seems like i made it lame. Unless I did something different I don't remember this feels unresolved.

At least I got the girl out of the cold and studying inside the bookstore. And I got a neat hat! Probably the best hat in the game. Goes great with the phasmid necklace.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/y0ttih/saw_this_tarot_card_and_thought_it_bore_a_strong/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nah, just got a bunch of the Hardies killed in this incident. The revolution is larger than his bullshit.

Also just realized the special borscht helped me out! I turned up the vodka thinking it would help with talking with the Hardies somehow. Looser lips or better chance on the authority check...would have made that harder tho lol. At any rate I'm sure they enjoyed it.

And I just had to Google it cause I wasn't seeing any effect and of course it helped the Hardies face the mercs. If some had run off it would have been easier for the mercs to kill everyone left.

Titus surviving was such a relief. Poor Angus tho.
Shaking his hand man to man and acknowledging HE is the law here and already a sergeant in his own department was so good.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 14, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

wiegieman posted:

That's really how the RCM works. It's the Citizen's Militia, not a centralized police department imposed from above -- the people created it, and the people support it.

Are you telling me I missed an opportunity to have Titus be the head of a new department where the 41st and Kim's dept (i forget the number) don't want anything to do with and have the Hardies get cool patrol cloaks, shades and MCs??

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Alchenar posted:

It's also a game about a burnt out drunk achieving success through sheer talent despite having no idea where they are or what they are doing

The AmericanEstonian dream.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GlyphGryph posted:

Remember that the bulk of skill checks are hidden - you don't see them at all unless you pass them. So if you were just saving your skill points for redoing white checks there's probably a decent pile of skill checks you failed without even noticing and never even got to see what you might have got from them.

Also, the game has quite a few difficult red checks at the end, especially in the church church and vision quest. Did you really have 90%+ on all of those? That's definitely a crazy amount of skill points!

The drat Logic one. Need to get around to that at some point.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Omnomnomnivore posted:

My favorite random NPC is Egg Head, that dude's VA cracked me up every time.

Yeah!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

wiegieman posted:

That's really how the RCM works. It's the Citizen's Militia, not a centralized police department imposed from above -- the people created it, and the people support it.

Okay, this current play through I told Titus he should join the RCM. He thinks about it! Now that we have union members in the RCM keeping thing good in Martinaise maybe the pay will get better too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Nearly done with this second play through...

I failed the Inland Empire check to convince Kim there is a SEXY twist to the case twice while playing this run...
After finding the sniper... talking to the phasmid again, getting the scope... and everything i wrapped up in a neat little bow. Killer, motive, murder weapon, etc.
I pass it. To say to Kim, "I killed him! and then blocked out the memory."

This is game is amazing.