Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am playing on ps5 and yeah. it sucks because i genuinely like the game. i still feel a little lost though. i get thats kinda the point of the game and failure isnt a bad thing/etc but idk.

When you get a skill point you can add another thing to the knowledge cabinet, but it is very, very hard to see what's being highlighted in the thought cabinet, and when you're switching between the new slots or the thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just beat it for the first time. going into the tribunal blind was amazing.

no matter how many times I try, going into the dream on the island to meet Delores Dei soft locks me when I meet her

Playing on ps4 was very rough. Game is crashing every couple hours, soft locking in conversations multiple times, then when you force quit the game my last saves aren't there. Before I play again I hope the patches come through.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Randarkman posted:

She's recast.

Sounds like someone who hasn't told anyone they are THE LAW

e: Goddamnit, another soft lock Routing Soona's signal through egghead's speakers.

In general I've had this happen in dialogues when some sort of action needs to happen before the "continue" button can appear, it appears it can get stuck on that and the button will never appear. It's a bit frustrating, so far reloading and trying again has worked (which has instilled in me an instinct to quicksave before most conversations). But this is the third time I've had this happen on this scene now.

This happened to me too, in several other places.

Still can't finish the dream on the island.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

OK, I think I know why certain parts keep soft locking you (unable to click through more dialogue). I took about 10 tries on one that I had a save right before to test and see when dialogue would let me continue or not.

I think the game only lets you continue when Harry is in the "right" position, but in these unskippable scenes, if you came into it at the wrong speed or wrong angle, Harry never gets there, resulting in a soft lock. I noticed it first in one where sometimes my character would just stop as soon as the camera was out of my control, but sometime they would keep walking to another spot.

When on the island and going into the dream, when crossing the water to get to Delores Dei, I was always trying close to the bottom of the south boundary, and kinda moving slowly, and Harry would never get close to her. When I kept my character closer to the north, it let me get into the dialogue options, but wouldn't let me choose anything. Eventually I came in at a running pace and close to the north boundary/invisible wall on the water, and I could get through the dialogue.

If anyone is stuck on one of these points, I would try entering these scenes running and not close to any obstacles/walls that would slow you down, until that is fixed.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

cock hero flux posted:

the electricity represents thought connections and their potential synergy. thoughts can synergize with nearby thoughts for additional effects, but there aren't actually a lot of thoughts which do this so most of the time it doesn't do anything. you have to know the combinations ahead of time because they're mostly not intuitive, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0-W5erEXw

I think at the end they talk about how in the next game they do they want the thought cabinet do have more synergy stuff and have placement matter, but it basically doesn't matter in the game.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kraftwerk posted:

Just as I posted this I managed to make it work somehow.

I posted about this before, it depends on how fast you're walking into the area and kinda which general direction you're coming from.

You need to try moving in at different angles.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dandywalken posted:

Klaasje wont answer her drat door and Im on day 4 now. I can see her on the roof smoking though. Got the body down etc already.

yeah I had this problem too. did you talk to titus?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Still haven't fixed the ending glitch on ps4. Twice it's happened to me.

they lead you into the car but Harry 's body is far away and just steps in and sits down into nothing

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If they finally fixed the sandcastle then it should be actually possible to get the platinum now.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RandolphCarter posted:

Has anyone figured out how to get the Palerunner trophy on PS4?

I got it, using the methods mentioned in steam guides. I'm at 67% now, missing the vision quests and a couple other things - it is hard to be a boring cop.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If you look at those GitHub lists with all boring cop convos, many of them are introductions. It took until day 3 with me actively going for it until I got 7.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

you can get it after the tribunal

I don't remember anything big there.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kalsco posted:

I'm playing through a second time and I'm trying to do the fascist vision quest. Problem is, I feel like I'm stuck.

I'm at the point where I'm asking all the local fascists about time travel. Gary, René, Lorry Driver, Measurehead. All nacht. I've managed to get René's story out of him, succeeded all checks and even got his medal. Gary is gone, Lorry Driver is exhausted of options, and Measurehead is just telling me to get a grasp of basic reality before coming back. Does this have something to do with Joyce's dialogue options? Day 4 so if it's René I'm basically at the end of the trail.

I believe if you didn't talk to Lena enough on day 1 to be confused on who you are, you'll never get the ability to ask Joyce about reality, so the fascism quest may be locked out

This is from what I read after I was stuck. I've never been able to complete it myself.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think with 1.08 on PS4 they've finally fixed the game crashing problem. I'm on day 4 now and it hasn't happened once yet.

edit: lol I guess don't count your chickens, just got one

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 15, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

tyrelhill posted:

so i kept failing a check and now i have no more things left to do to gain xp to try again. is there no way out of this?

it's the "get the whole story from titus" step. i've cleared out all the areas and my only tasks remaining are this and buy cuno's pants. i have 8 rhetoric and still failed it three times in a row and now i am stuck :\

For most of the story checks if you fail 3 times there is an option to get past it automatically. Are you doing this on day 2?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

massive spider posted:

I'm supposed to meet someone at 10PM to get my gun back, turned up at 10.01 cause I figured there's no way to time things exact in this game so they would be there but I can't find anyone, do I need to be in that exact spot at 9 and read a book to pass time or something

if you're already there or even too close, and passing time they probably won't load, go into a building and go back. if this is what I think it is, better to go back around 1030

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

panko posted:

now that they've cancelled a few games and fired a bunch of people za/um can focus on their real vache à lait: selling 489€ jackets to computer touchers

an honest way to profit, imo