Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I was a drunken hobo arty-farty communist.

Also in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Help I played this game and now I am become a disco dancing Communist Hobo.

Woe is me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If you wanna find a good Copotype read David Simon's Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets

Harry Edgerton feels the most Harrier DuBois of the Baltimore homicide cops in that book. He's a college educated dude who became a cop because he thought it might be interesting and was into jazz, fine wines, and arcade video games. Also he was apparently very driven and good at interrogation but was generally disliked by his colleagues for being different, a bit antisocial (he preferred working alone so he would just sorta disappear sometimes when he was supposed to be working with someone), and for not giving the slightest poo poo about department politics.

Though I should state that it's been like a decade since I read the book so my memory might be hazy

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Organic Lube User posted:

There's no weed in Elysium. Purple coke? Methamphetamines? Sure. Never a mention of weed, though.

The game posted:

KIM KITSURAGI – "I have, on a few occasions -- when I was young and foolish -- smoked hemp."

ENCYCLOPEDIA [Legendary: Success] – Tetrahydrocannabinol is the psychoactive substance in the cannabis plant, commonly known as 'hemp'. It's one of the most common recreational substances in the world.

REACTION SPEED [Challenging: Success] – He's waiting for a reaction.

KIM KITSURAGI – "Is that secret enough for you?"

ELECTROCHEMISTRY [Medium: Success] – It's barely a secret. Everyone's smoked hemp.

YOU – "That's not a secret. Everyone has smoked cannabis."

KIM KITSURAGI – "No, there are couple of people who haven't smoked cannabis. I'm sure of that."

EMPATHY [Legendary: Success] –
There's a hint of defensiveness in his voice. Even this minor act of rebellion is important to the lieutenant's self-construction.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I find it interesting that it's mentioned that the population of the world is 4,6 billion which hasn't been the case in real life since the early 80s.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

goblin week posted:

deep in the P hole
????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

goblin week posted:

pyrrholidon!

Whoops.

I need to put more skill points into electrochemistry.