Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Brick Shipment posted:

Is there a way to switch off the narration while keeping the rest of the voiced lines? I got ten minutes in before work and it's not really vibing with me.

Setting the voiceover mode to "Psychological" under Settings will turn off the narration for the thoughts - a few actions and introductions are still narrated, but it makes it closer to the original

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Zeta Acosta posted:

goddamit the doctor love quest

The narration at the end slayed me

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Kobal2 posted:

That should read RAC.

The game quite clearly states the correct name:

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 21, 2021

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Is that entire thing new to final cut? I don't remember it being in the game before.

It is, yeah

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Verviticus posted:

if im gonna a totally non-gamer to play DE, is it worthwhile giving them a build that has a good chance of succeeding in the checks required to talk to the phasmid and if so, what would i want to tell them to invest in? (its been too long since ive played to remember exactly how that works)

Deciding which skills to invest in is part of the fun, like Sticko says there's no objectively better build and it's made for postgame "holy poo poo, you can do that?" discussions

If they are stuck though, IIRC Inland Empire is the main check gating that and Electrochemistry gives you a bonus, I think you have a good chance of making the check if you start with the Sensitive build