Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
april fools: april fools' day jokes
april cools: April O'Neil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
^^^^^^^same applies to people :moonrio:

Help Im Alive posted:

I never really understood why on old forums people would get legit mad about double posts and resurrecting old threads

i don't know but it feels really good to double post, it's like you're being bad boy but its technically not really against the rules. Reading years-old threads is amusing, but because of the timeline capsule thing, but also sometimes you spot those hand-wringing about trivial posting things that end up only being a problem because people derail to fight about it.

hahaha good post
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
silvagunna right now doing a thing where the red luigi never really existed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbehXK7uC3Q

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Are they working on advancing the facial expressions? It never looks like they're laughing or doing their reactions, just squinting with mouths agape. Is it just super hard to make an anime face look like its laughing in a realt-ime rig or what?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
can one of you persona 5ers or animekin explain this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3xh8gs24c

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
see advertisements in person, with a sweaty crowd, who will invariably get you sick. this is a good time people once actually paid big money to attend

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
maybe im underestimating the power of walking into a big room and looknig around and being like "holy sh*t, these people all play videogames sometimes... just like me"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

Why go to a concert when you can listen to recordings? Sometimes people just like to be surrounded by excited like-minded others

I reckon I don't need to explain the difference between the art of music performance and the business of marketing consumer products to other businesses, consumers, and media. I don't generally watch ads on purpose, let alone go out of my way physically to see them, so maybe I just can't appreciate the difference between watching an ad somewhere comfortable and watching one in a hazardous place that costs a lot of money to get to.

Last time I congregated near Gamers was launch night picking up a Switch, getting in line a little bit before they started selling em. Let me tell you, Gamers are just elitist pricks who are too good to talk to people who cant even get gold in Overwatch

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i took my little sister once to sxsw gaming expo and my main lingering memory is the deep sadness I felt demoing "that dragon cancer." i think i have pin they gave me for demoing their buzzkill VR thing. on the bright side I hear they ruined their game by adding a bunch of tonally jarring minigames between moments of listening to parents inner monologues as a doctor tells them their kid dying

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SeXReX posted:

A couple of aldi store brand frozen bean and cheese burritos straight from the microwave

I love frozen bean burritos. Got in the habit of making my own homegrown ones a while back but generally it's more work and more expensive. Actually used to be cheaper to just buy em from Taco Bell and fridge/freezer em but now theyre too expensive for that. Anyway, how come they never used black refried beans in the frozen premades?? Better bean anyway

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wish i could hear that sound kirby games make when you get a 1up

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7qLSJzQFNo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
One Kickstarter I backed was this weird little experimental falling-sands type thing, threw a couple bucks at it a decade ago. Never finished, stopped getting updates after a while, whatever, it was a few bucks, no hard feelings. However, I was just curious what that person had been up to, if they made anything else. They had a blog and a few other project websites, and it turns out I actually kind of knew them on MetaFilter through an mf blog for sharing Mario Maker 2 levels. I messaged them and was like, hey, "remember "In Profundus," just curious bout it" and we swapped some mario levels.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
how are fans meant to have in any way made Undertale worse by their fandom? Stephen Universe is another franchise that seems wholly harmless but people always talk about as if it's some den of insanity

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you gave up one of the best takes on a jRPGeque formula after 20 minutes but I played Fallout 4 for over a hundred hours and that's one of the worst games I ever played and I knew it sucked in the first two hours. i bet you go to the doctor just because youre injured or feel sick lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that bleep censor thing is so goofy and pointless. just make it physically shock the person saying the slurs. you can keep your free speech but you also get whats coming to you if you use it to be hurtful. someone can still drop a bad slur if they really want to, but they have to suffer to do it. That doesn't excuse the language or make anybody even stevens, but the slur-user will at least be knocked out or possibly have their computer fried so nobody has to hear their poo poo for a while.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

is it weird that i'm playing through Sekiro like it's metal gear samurai? i'm honestly really enjoying the stealth kills a lot and clearing a big swath from idol to boss without alerting anyone rules.

Same but Tenchu felt closer in my head and Tenchu owns too

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
im never going to play 13 sentinels or qanon no matter how much this thread talks about them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwF8lW7Ax40

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

I thought it was Japanese for "roughly 10 hours too long"

10 hours too long? That's on you dude, it's a little over a half-hour game if you're going for the quick ending. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbOuPDYqj5o

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
jay rust, please do not watch the advertisements on youtube or elsewhere

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would reccomend youtube vanced but just kidding google broke something so now for youtube vanced to have a chance of working you need to like, install an old version and log-in, then uninstall then reinstall new version and hope you're logged in. my drat password is also something like asdVFADFG35#$%Gw45TG! so get that wrong then we're resetting things and blegh

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
my wedding vows will have a clause promising to never advertise to me, except sexually, and even then exclusively through deep red tones displayed and the butt cheeks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's your favourite tune from a game you haven't played or that you hadn't heard in the game it's from? Mine used to be this tune I think wound up being the frogman's theme from a jRPG I didn't play, but I included that song in a bunch of the little RPGMaker2000 games I made for myself/friends, probably stole it from limewire or kazaa poorly labelled. Now it's Corridors of Time. (wow did you know that word doesn't have double oos at the door part??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XTqQbuavI&t=682s

corriders
cory dors
corridhoors
curidders
yeehaw cridders

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I watched Game Grumps play this, but I've never played it myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQedfsvdMAI

good bark bytes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i bet reggie doesnt even have a new nintendo now that he doesnt get them from work for free

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
To be fair emulators are heck of weird with the timing of the battle rhythm system.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Started playing Persona 5 but I can't understand a thing anyone is saying

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Persona 5's opening is much better than 4's was, hope I get to beat up these cops later.

Looking through mods, I notice one to replace someone called Ryuigi with Waluigi graphics and sound effects. Is there any reason not to replace this rando I haven't met yet with an old friend I met on the Party Board? The Waluigi mod for FFXV was lackluster because it didn't have any sounds to go with it and it would get weird clipping on Bowser

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Harrow posted:

Yeah, every dungeon has been reworked to one degree or another, with the space port and cruise ship dungeons getting the biggest reworks. They're still long (every dungeon is long) but they're significantly shorter than the vanilla versions and their overall gimmicks have been reworked to be less annoying to deal with.

Can you save in those dungeons? Last night I wanted to go to bed, but it was like half hour of cutscenes before they gave me another save point opportunity. I'm a little paranoid now, how hard is it to gently caress this game up? Newgrounds flash games back in the day had a lot of the time-management sim stuff and I was always bad at it. I can tell my room is going to have a bunch of things in it I can burn time on cleaning, but how tight is the games time, can you do everything pretty easily or sre there going to be days where I'm like "oops, got nothing of value done"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just noting I don't have Royal, I assume similar advice applies anyway.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
pepperoni peppermint seems like it might actually own on a pizza??

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Path of Exile had its big new season launch a couple of days ago now, and it was a bit of a clusterfuck. Extremely serious server issues meant that players were stuck in long queues to log in (up to an hour, sometimes) and, even then, could only play for maybe ten minutes before being booted and having to requeue, often having their latest in-game progress reversed in the process as well. Pretty much unplayable for most people. This only got fixed maybe eighteen hours after the season had started

It did reveal that GGG (the PoE devs) allows the more popular streamers special queue-skipping powers, which in turn made a certain segment of the playerbase (on reddit, natch) to begin asking some Serious Questions. From what I’ve seen, the complaints are mostly centred around the argument that because the vast majority of PoE players play in the mode than enables trading, the advantage given to streamers who can skip queues also grants them undue economic power over everyone else — especially in this case, where, for all intents and purposes, they got one free extra day to play, while everyone else was in queuing hell

Some of the outrage was aimed at one particular streamer whose name I can’t remember and won’t look up, who has a team of players that assist him in-game so that he can reach the endgame as quickly as possible. And it was revealed that these team members are also granted queue-skipping powers, despite not being streamers themselves, which of course exasperated the whole Ethics in Video Game Streaming controversy that was brewing

Anyway just thought this was interesting. I don’t play on the “trade league” as it’s called so I’m not affected in the least

This is why gamers need unions

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

If you link the games she gets a UFO

drat, for a short streak my divorced parents would end up getting me two copies of those games trying to take advantage. Got Blue from mom, Red from dad. Two Robopons, two of something else I forgot. It's usually not actually worth playing the variant in and of itself, there's usually just some little gimmick to try and justify the split so I usually gave my extra copy away. Anyway, they broke that habit the same time it would've made sense, with the Oracle of Ages/Seasons deal. I still have my gameboy cart, battery might be dead by now though. Do the emulated versions of these have the connect features?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah the way everyone plays the game is to speedrun through the early parts, but my question is like, if that part of the game is so boring and not fun, why even bother having it and why not just remove however many acts there are before the game starts getting fun and just make that the new start of the game? Why make people speedrun through the first 8~ hours of the game every single time if nothing important happens there?

Seems like the same problem with a lot of MMOs having this pointless tedious gauntlet of BS to get through before getting to the only part anyone cares about. Then again, with ARPGs, the least fun version and most fun version will be mechanically identical in terms of you just mashing a click button the same way.

I think the core gameplay and loot treadmill of these endless ARPGs is just really not for me, that emperor just loses it's clothes too fast, but making it Gauntlet Legends style where you don't need to click for every attack when you just wanna always be attacking in a direction. The console Diablo 3 I think had twin stick movement that probably felt a lot better than a kbm. Don't use enough keys or precision in an ARPG to warrant a kbm anyway.

Controller Diablo-1 style game, spooky not so looty kind of has a more natural end point.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The 60 FPS mod that said it would break the game sometimes broke the game and I haven't had the energy to re-do that part again to see if I fixed it by no longer having that mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Pretty much, it has an ultra toxic and openly racist community that Blizzard protects, its unbalanced, long queue times, and Blizzards idea of what is competitive or fun is really bad.

Competitive and fun are opposing forces and at launch they got super lucky to kind of have this perfect storm of a good time. You could do silly stuff, decide to all be freezy girls, or gorillas and hope around and whatever on the fly. There were obviously players and teams that were stronger, compositions that worked better, but the people caring enough and trying that hard seemed to quickly push themselves into a nether realm of other people too good to have fun around. I'm sure a lot of it is just the nature of it being brand-new with a shitload of new players all at once and there's nothing they can really do with updates and changes to ever get that again. Plus they compartmentalized every way to play into it's own little queue or whatever and every things much more rigid and micromanaged. For me, they patch where even quickplay no longer had hero-dupes was the end.

At launch Overwatch was probably the most fun I can imagine having in a PvP FPS game. I think I played a decent amount of hours and matches with friends in that time to have justified it's cost and it's good actually for things like that to end or you just quit.

Unless Overwatch 2 prominently features a new hero that is the child of a Taiwanese industrial magnate and Uyghur doctor piloting a mech that looks like a yellow bear and and all of their taunts criticize the practice of using mtx and gambling to drive sales -- I can't buy it.