Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
some things truly aren’t worth dying for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE continues the trend of really loving bad champion pictures for their website.

this looks like one of those faceapp generated smiles

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

LionYeti posted:

So I've downloaded both nights of NXT Stand and Deliver, besides WALTER v Ciampa anything else worth watching on those?

the last 10 minutes of cole/oreilly

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

motherbox posted:

Second night was mostly garbage (particularly compared to the first, where every match other than Braun/Shane and the Women's Tag Team mess was very good), but I guess I'm not getting the hate for the main event, which was honestly pretty enjoyable? Maybe it would have been better to let Sasha and Bianca headline night two so that night two wasn't a series of heel wins and we could have gone home on the happy, feel-good moment, but Roman as a dominant heel has been good and Smackdown has a lot of rising faces to take a run at him (Cesaro and Big E both seem well-positioned, and they finally seem to notice that Cesaro actually exists, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up). In hindsight, the decision to put Bryan in the match is kind of a confusing one if you don't want him to win or eat the pin so Roman can lose the title without being pinned, but it makes sense if they wanted to hedge against Edge not being able to carry a full main event match on his own or if they just decided the three had good chemistry and wanted some variety on a card that was almost entirely singles matches. If they had stuck it on Edge it probably would have been in limbo until Summerslam and putting it on Bryan would have let him face...I dunno, Rollins? Him and Zayn would be fun I guess.

the spot where bryan and edge both had a facelock on roman and started headbutting each other was pretty good. i think the night 2 main was good, but not as good as night 1.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i was listening to the b&v show and i guess i can see a lot of the booking making more sense if they are planning a draft. put roman on raw to see if it can help the ratings recover there.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

and MACE

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

that seth cameo has the same energy as a deleted scene from the big lebowski

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/Tru_Alpha/status/1381332971039424513?s=20

lmao

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

all of the seth ones in that thread are amazing

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

BGrifter posted:

It would be the funniest thing ever if the studio stepped in, had them write Vin out of the series in the 9th and brought back The Rock for the 10th.

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure Vin Diesel owns a piece of the franchise or something so I don’t think that can happen. He’s got Hogan-esque creative control brother.

i remember reading an article in variety i think a year or two back about how rock or vin or someone actually has a rep watching each fight scene and literally counting how much offense he gets in vs. the other dude and if it gets unbalanced then they force them to reshoot so he can go over

it's very much a "have to look strong even in a loss thing"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Vandar posted:

I'm pretty sure that ended up being a rumor. I'm going to keep pretending it's true though because it's funny.

nvm i guess it was a rumor from doin some googlin'

but the best rumors all have a bit of truth within them so its my headcanon now (also, did you see the way they choreographed the fight scenes in h&s, i'd fuckin' believe there was someone watching)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Somethings are eternal, not even the Cosby stain can damage kids saying ridiculous things.

i blended this and the post above it together in my mind and now i really want disney to buy wwe and make the firefly funhouse into an actual kids show

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

so did orton/Braun just not happen at all

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte should move over to contemporary pop music then none of you will ever hear or see her again 😜

lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I thought the fiend was ok to good early on (it’s just the right kind of wrestling dumb) but wm killed it deader than a doornail and bray should find something else for a while

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Astro7x posted:

And another kid says “I hope that they’re getting a new director” and then complains about the camera angles.

smart kid

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

It’s not but it wouldn’t surprise me if this was a factor in why wwe is based in that state.

people get this confused a lot but pretty much all private employment in the united states is 'at-will'. the exceptions that exist to this (which do vary from state to state) are for things like "you got fired because you uncovered a criminal act by your boss", or "you got fired because you disobeyed an order to do something that would have broken a law", etc.

the thing that's bad is 'right to work' laws, which prohibit union closed shops

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

the worst thing about recent wwe is the reliance on AR effects for the visual presentation at big events. wrestlemania looked like dogshit, it’s just a big loving screen. give me ramp snake you cowards

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

dream over indeed

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

rick boogs sounds like a racial slur against an extremely obscure African ethnicity

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I’d probably like Kross more if he didn’t strike me as a de-aged HHH

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

NXT is usually OK at worst which makes it head and shoulders above anything else that WWE does

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

What was the last cool thing WWE have done?

Is it Bad Bunny?

the only cool thing at wm this year was bad bunny

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Seems weird to fire Joe just to rehire him into NXT but maybe it’s a contract/revenue/financials thing

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

do the dou

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

flatluigi posted:

god i'm so sad for everyone in this loving company

eighth place in a city of heroes costume contest lookin outfit

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

MY HOLE!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Lid posted:

If you think Jamie Hayter, to say Bulah McChunky, still looks like how she did in AEW you have missed out on a lot of thirst traps.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmehytr/status/1402614595525677059

wow, that’s impressive.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

What was her character?

british

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

specifically manchester

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve been fired from World Wrestling Entertainment

what’s eat my fuc doing in the elite zone?!?!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

someone posted 'canyon cemen' as being fired last page and hand to god I thought it was someone doing a bit until this tweet

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

they usually are yes

lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

re: Corbin, wwe’s only strength is booking the midcard because it’s the only place they can do anything creative. the main title scene is an endless loop of the same boring feuds, heatless and meaningless stipulations, and groan-inducing finishes. that’s why Corbin is usually pretty good, he’s a miz-caliber guy that gets to sit in the “fun allowed” part of the show

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

Uh.

I'm not sure you've followed the product

this last decade.

the only good angles in the past decade have been in the midcard

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

Define "good".

Also define "midcard", while you're at it. Because a decade is a long rear end time and my midcard decade is filled with crap like Rusev/Lashley cuck poo poo.

rusev/lashley cuck poo poo (and Bobby lashleys sisters for that matter) were both abominable midcard angles but they were better than “Brock kills everyone” or “Orton kills everyone” or even “Fiend kills everyone”

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ThePariah posted:

If you don't like people endangering lives while drunk, you're literally a cop. Now gimme a hell yeah

a very special 3:16 day

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

this is what they call the racist Santa in Europe right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

given that embers main roster push went nowhere I think she’s better off in nxt