Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DogsInSpace! posted:

Good news Ms Hayter: you are now Buulah McChunky and are teaming up with Nikki Cross as her Super Hero In Training. Don’t forget to face the hard cam when you are pinned by Charlotte or Nia Jax. Welcome to the big leagues kid!

<flashes back to high school> oh god… not like this

If you think Jamie Hayter, to say Bulah McChunky, still looks like how she did in AEW you have missed out on a lot of thirst traps.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmehytr/status/1402614595525677059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TheKingslayer posted:

Is that Stephanie in the doorway?

Goon face blindness strikes again

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not stephanie. i believe it's morgan webb from G4, TechTV, and G4-TechTV.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
It's clearly Charlotte.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's Slapjack

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Lid posted:

If you think Jamie Hayter, to say Bulah McChunky, still looks like how she did in AEW you have missed out on a lot of thirst traps.

wow, that’s impressive.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

mooseinfants posted:

Jamie was such a good character. AEW should have signed her no matter what if they could. Bummer that she's gonna be lost in that show that doesn't exist for the next 3 years.

What was her character?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

What was her character?

british

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

specifically manchester

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bulah McChunky

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

tiny head no neck BIG BODY. the ideal wrestler

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jesus Buddy, take it easy on the HGH.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

What was her character?

hot goth girl

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Malcolm Excellent posted:

ASHY LASHLY INCOMING

Please do not wish the ashy upon poor Bobby.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jiro posted:

Jesus Buddy, take it easy on the HGH.

KungFu Grip posted:

hot goth girl

these posts back to back threw me a little bit

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Jamie Hayter is awesome and I think nothing ill of her and don’t care what shape she is in as long as she keeps kicking booty like in Stardom or AEW but I’m not Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Bucky Beaver or any of the other wwe company heads. They don’t exactly have a great history with people who don’t have a certain look and/or related to someone famous. I really hope she doesn’t go to NXT uk or wwe in general. Was always sad she didn’t stay in AEDub but COVID sucks in so many ways so whatever. She would be a great grab for any fed and could instantly raise up any women’s division.

So….guessing her trajectory is 6 months in the Oubliette of NXT UK, Super Hero in Training in a year (they are going full Stardust with Nikki), breakup and catering for 3 - 6 months, jobber and “jokes” for 2 months then future endeavoured.

Bard Maddox posted:

Every time I see this I think
https://youtu.be/MlM8B8BbSYc

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Wouldn't it be desirable as a wrestler to have at least a little extra padding to absorb bumps rather than taking impacts basically directly on muscle/bone though?

I'm imagining someone with 2% body fat taking a Foley cell bump and wincing internally.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
alright alright alright can we stop talking about the body fat percentage of the woman who had like a 4 match run in aew a year and a half ago, sheesh, y'all are fuckin weirdos about this woman.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Johnny Curtis/Fandango was too good for this company.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

shiksa posted:

alright alright alright can we stop talking about the body fat percentage of the woman who had like a 4 match run in aew a year and a half ago, sheesh, y'all are fuckin weirdos about this woman.

Literally she had 2 matches for AEW in 2019 and people act like she's an AEW Trueborn or something. Matt Cardona had a longer run there than she did.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

shiksa posted:

2 matches within the first 6 weeks of Dynamite, which I do not think even counts as a “run” and makes acting like she was likely to come back if not for the pandemic a weird thing to believe.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

shiksa posted:

I'd like to separate the question from this person in particular and just ask it in general, really. Foley always attributed his ability to absorb punishment due to him having a body "shaped like a potato" (think that's what he said, in Have a Nice Day iirc) and from what I've seen in other sports it seems to hold up (roller derby especially: particularly lean people tend to stay down after a fall into concrete while others more immediately bounce back from similar spills).

Obviously there's a point of diminishing returns: I don't think anyone would consider sending Viscera or Yokozuna off of the top of the cell, but a really lean/competition-bodybuilder body shape seems like it would be a really bad idea if you're a pro wrestler.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Breetai posted:

I'd like to separate the question from this person in particular and just ask it in general, really. Foley always attributed his ability to absorb punishment due to him having a body "shaped like a potato" (think that's what he said, in Have a Nice Day iirc) and from what I've seen in other sports it seems to hold up (roller derby especially: particularly lean people tend to stay down after a fall into concrete while others more immediately bounce back from similar spills).

Obviously there's a point of diminishing returns: I don't think anyone would consider sending Viscera or Yokozuna off of the top of the cell, but a really lean/competition-bodybuilder body shape seems like it would be a really bad idea if you're a pro wrestler.

yes, having a layer of fat would likely help absorb impact from big bumps more than being a super lean bodybuilder type, pretty basic sports medicine

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

2 matches within the first 6 weeks of Dynamite, which I do not think even counts as a “run” and makes acting like she was likely to come back if not for the pandemic a weird thing to believe.
I am starting to think some people are mixing up Jamie Hayter with Bea Priestley.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I would send Viscera off the top of the cell

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

flashy_mcflash posted:

I would send Viscera off the top of the cell

I guarantee that he'd not survive the experience.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It was pretty sick when Rikishi fell off the Cell into that truck bed.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

It was pretty sick when Rikishi fell off the Cell into that truck bed.

some ppl get mad at that bc it was obviously a big pad but gently caress those losers rikishi going off the cell owned

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

shiksa posted:

some ppl get mad at that bc it was obviously a big pad but gently caress those losers rikishi going off the cell owned

Wrestling is fake? Holy poo poo...

But for real, no matter the opinion on Rikishi, the guy was willing to take some bumps. His clothesline sell and a couple of the dives he took were gnarly.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its funny that people rip on Rikishi for falling off the cell onto the cushy truck when like, 6 months earlier he did a fuckin splash off the top of the cage onto Val Venis

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

shiksa posted:

rikishi... owned

He was real loving over for a while: what happened?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Breetai posted:

he did it

for da rock

he did it

for da people

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Breetai posted:

he did it for the rock

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

God WWE sucks. No one wanted to boo the jolly fat guy that danced. They even made HHH the culprit later anyway.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Edge & Christian posted:

I am starting to think some people are mixing up Jamie Hayter with Bea Priestley.

Nah, people were weirdly fixated on her potentially being brought back anytime Bea was getting TV time, up to when they did the angle with Bea getting setup as Nyla’s next challenger on the last or second to last pre-COVID Dynamite.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

I'd like to separate the question from this person in particular and just ask it in general, really. Foley always attributed his ability to absorb punishment due to him having a body "shaped like a potato" (think that's what he said, in Have a Nice Day iirc) and from what I've seen in other sports it seems to hold up (roller derby especially: particularly lean people tend to stay down after a fall we into concrete while others more immediately bounce back from similar spills).

I’ve actually wondered this for years now. Also does it make it easier to blade? I think this should all prove that fat trucker Chris Hero is the best Chris Hero.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

:same: I thought I was the only one.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Breetai posted:

Over as he was, jolly dancing upper midcarder was his ceiling. And it's a good spot to be in. What happened was that thing that they do all the time now where they give someone over an even bigger push, but as the exact opposite of what made them over.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bard Maddox posted:

Wait a sec, I gotta verify this.

Yeah, checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly before the rise of WWF and the resultant action-figure/bodybuilder 'roid aesthetic became the norm, that kinda was the typical look for a wrestler. They were still big guys but with more padding.

(Roman gladiators used to have a bit of fat for similar reasons! Allowed them to take a slash or two without getting gutted.)