Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Tweak posted:

was this better worse or the same as the botched exploding deathmatch ending

i mean

this was the intended result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Seams posted:

well the latter was a botch so its worse.

a planned failure is worse than an unexpected one

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I didn't see this happen because I had stopped watching WWE by this point but drat it if this scene doesn't remind me of the ice cream bunny's arrival in Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

honestly every time I see Ric on TV I just get sad and think about my own mortality and I don't need that from aew.

also, in the smartest thing WWE has done in weeks they waited until after aew had passed through Charlotte to release Flair.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Drakkel posted:

There was literally an entire episode of Doug where Doug has like a week-long panic attack about having to eat sushi and that's about the cultural understanding WWE has in 2021 somehow

Unless they made 2 identical episodes it was liver and onions.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Coaaab posted:

guess I should watch that 2017 series finale that ties in to circumstances presented *checks notes* 15 YEARS BEFOREHAND??!

happy for the handful of tweets posted this year

https://twitter.com/DougEpisodes/status/1391861007811710976

jesus this account is outstanding

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

it does seem like a big deal that Charlotte skipped a house show she was advertised for IN CHARLOTTE, NC so she could go to the AAA show

have you ever been to Charlotte? i live here and it makes perfect sense to me.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

El Generico posted:

OK, someone has a magic copy of TEW2020 that takes over real wrestling promotions as they play it and is intentionally making the worst possible choices for WWE as a deliberate joke

I actually started doing this a few weeks ago. I brought back Enzo and made him wrestle Eva Marie for an hour-long match at every show. meanwhile he was so toxic he tore apart the company from within and I refused to ever punish him. Paul heyman, The undertaker and triple h all left over it. eventually the networks all came to their senses and canceled me. money in the bank came around and had 137 attendees and I figured it was probably about time to call it.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

what the gently caress did they do to my boy

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Soon they’re gonna debut a character who does the “Harlem Shake” that all the kids are doing

Uhhh no

It's the Harland Shake

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think maybe Bray should just step out of the ring and do creative for other people. Like he certainly has ideas but his wrestling cannot back them up. As long as he's wrestling for himself nothing he does will ever be unique.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I was promised that the WWE was better at booking than a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I will agree that there was some fun visual stuff in that Bray Wyatt match but holy poo poo was the wrestling ever lame and the Uncle Howdy spot absolutely did not work.