Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can we please just have Alexa wrestle and away from this Fiend-Orton storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Nia! :argh:

Maybe Alexa could consider a non-wrestling role in the company like commentator or even her "Moment of Bliss" interview segments as opposed to what she's doing now.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

So is Fiend back to being sweater Bray Wyatt?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

He's done podcasts at ESPN and a movie podcast once he was let go from ESPN.

Podcasting is not the same as Broadcasting but...he does have some experience in talking/carrying a conversation for a mass audience.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1382071441085005826?s=21

Shane man..,

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

She gotta learn some other power moves that don't involve picking up another person.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

That headbutt against Kevin Owens was probably ill advised.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Raw and Smackdown are still good ratings but if AEW keeps above a million it'll obviously be a much better target both cost and content wise

I’m sure that wwe will try to put another show on Wednesday to stem AEW ratings.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Oh WWE 100% wants another show on Wed and never wanted to move, but the NHL going to US forced it and while it doesn't do wrestling ratings it's close enough to NXT and does better ad rates. So WWE is in a pickle right now as they want a Wed show on TV super bad but no real place to put it unless maybe FS1 frees up a slot but given how in bed WWE is with Peacock that probably has a bunch of hurdles to clear

Since Peacock is affiliated with NBC, I dare to wonder what's on NBC on Wednesday nights as unrealistic as that would be.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I'm curious as to what accounted for the bump since nothing from the written recap appeared appealing and the recap podcasts I listen to, seemed sad in having to talk about this episode.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

For all the merch WWE puts out, they could easily make a generic WWE duffel bag for the public and for these purposes, so that they look like they have some sort of a heart.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Pylons posted:

They're employees and WWE is based in Connecticut which is what's called an "at-will" state which basically means they can fire you at any time for any non-federally protected reason.

It’s not but it wouldn’t surprise me if this was a factor in why wwe is based in that state.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

poo poo. the WWE wins again.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Hell, both Kross and Raquel are massively underwhelming choices as champion right now. Putting aside both of their lovely politics, neither one has set the world on fire since they won the title. Kross has always been disliked by NXT audiences,

I wonder if the dislike for Kross is because he's been put up against Keith Lee and Balor who are all more likeable and charismatic.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Nothing about that Raw painted Braun as a strong or smart competitor.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

man..the commentary feels so wordy. So much said in such a short amount of time. It's a bit jarring.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Oh boy.

Woods and Breeze on a uudd video talked about how they might be the forgotten generation in that no one in the future will remember the wrestlers of this time and I’m wondering if this is the start of kids no longer aspiring to be a wrestler and go to the wwe as their dream. We’ve heard so much from wrestlers brought in, in recent years about how they dreamed about being in the wwe as a kid.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I thought Indi was into Dexter.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Cesaro isn't beating Roman, Meltzer's been told that they're pretty much saving Roman for either Brock or the Rock. Which, as they love to do, pretty much books them into a corner if neither of those two want to do a run with the title (and they don't), since they've devalued everyone else like they always do.

This is what bothers me. If you’re saving a Roman loss to Rock or Brock, I’d hope you have that deadlocked instead of just hoping that they’ll come back for this match because that’s a lot of potential competitors Roman has to go through for this possible not possible matchup.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1389382391433674754

I watched this like 20 times and still don't know what I'm seeing

I can’t identify clearly who I am seeing. Charlotte and Dana?

Also why not make Rhea and Asuka a striking/ submission fight. With strikes to make up for Rheas lack of power and submissions to allow Rhea to take rests during the match?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

who's this, why is everyone laughing, serious quesiton

I remember her not being good and then being drafted to smackdown but always having some reason appear for not debuting on the show. It seems odd to hire her when you let go of a lot of good wrestlers like Mickie James. If the reason for the hire was because she's eye candy...they have Carmella. It just seems like a nonsense hire when they have other people that could potentially fill the role that Eve could.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

This is just baseless speculation on my part, but I think Shotzi and Ember lost the tag titles because they quickly need challengers for Raquel. She has no one to face after she (inevitably) beats Mercedes next week. Everyone else credible are heels.

but lol who's credible between shotzi and ember?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I thought the Scorpion King was specifically created as a Rock Vehicle.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

So it probably won't be mentioned in the results post that CJ2 will likely make but:

Braun mentioned right before hitting the powerslam on Bobby that he will make MVP watch as he fucks Bobby.

CJ2 is not going to make the results post due to Velveteen Dream rumored being backstage of RAW.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are they just punishing Jeff because Matt left?

cmon, you know the answer to this.

it's maybe and wouldn't be beyond this company to do.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder if it was money or no interest as reasons why she didn’t sign with another company.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Given that it’s AAPI month, this would be such a good article for wwe to promote. Heck, why not highlight some of your Asian wrestlers or make them available for pieces like this.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

He could always keep sami in catering forever.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Is there any way to escape main event and be on raw or smackdown?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Io and Candace should definitely be promoted. It's a shame they haven't been called up yet.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

That slap to Kairi after that failed spear feels so malicious on charlottes part. My goodness.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I think at the very least Kairi makes appearances on talk shows with the likes of Kenta Kobashi so that's something!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder why they didn't just scoop up Sendai Girls and Big Japan and combine them since they were friendly with Daisuke and Meiko.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Maybe they should just work with Taka Michinoku or something, doesn't he have a bunch of trainees who now can't work njpw and his own indie?

Am I wrong in reading this as TAKA trainees not being able to work NJPW and his own Indy? Because that doesn’t make any sense.

Also if they wanted to keep kairi happy, wwe should have allowed her to make an official appearance at the stardom anniversary show.

The only way stardom talent will wrestle in wwe is if if wwe owns stardom.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

SLUM KING posted:

TAKA didn’t just have an affair. He was using his promotion’s mailing list to hit on women who bought tickets. I think GEORGE W BUSHI has mentioned it more than once in NJPW/puro threads.

I'm sorry. I think I remember the affair but not the mailing list stuff.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Thinking about Cesaro's UUDD character transferred to WWE would be rather silly as he rants about Roman and the Usos cahooting and busting out all the dad jokes known in existence.

Also, aren't the zombies still roaming around the arena after the priest/mix match? I hope that they do and know they won't, explain what happened to them because I need closure for things like this.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Sega 32X posted:

I mean she is almost 40, maybe she is winding down to put over new stars or whatever?

(lol it's WWE she's being fed yet again to the two most pushed blonde women on the roster)

Age shouldn't be an issue as Asuka should be smart enough to work a style that won't make any physical limitations noticeable. I think that if anything WWE may look at her age and either wind her down, with no input from her, or maybe release her like they did with Mickie James who's around the same age range. (They won't release her but she's definitely being fed to others)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

But now that Bruce is in charge on RAW, Asuka has rapidly fallen down the card again. If I recall, he's said some questionable things about non-white talents in the past as well, but I might be misremembering.

Is Bruce around the same age range as hewhocannotbenamed? Those two seem to have the same ideas about asian talents not being great in spite of these same talents having a good track record outside of the wwe, that I wonder if it's a generational mindset.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Why would they have Kofi all of a sudden pin Lashley even if it wasn't clean? Lashley has been one of the most protected guys in WWE and he's the heel so the booking is completely backward.

I think it’s to set up another ppv match or decent for Lashley while still keeping Drew-Lashley feud relevant since Drew interferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

After his initial post, why does Ricochet feel the need to respond to others? What a dork.