Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Day 1 was good and ended with a feel good moment (though really, either of them winning would feel fine with some layouts, which is a good place for a WM main event to be)

Day 2 pretty consistently sucked and had a bunch of padding. I did really enjoy Riddle getting booted in the face and losing.

Having a WM main where you just can't help yourself from writing a lovely interference ending just encapsulates the WWE experience. But I was bored even before he came back anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TV Zombie posted:

Can we please just have Alexa wrestle and away from this Fiend-Orton storyline.
She sustained a bunch of concussions wrestling nia and ronda, was on the shelf for a while and it is generally implied she's put in more protected positions to not further exacerbate her injuries. That's why she went from tagging to this.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

StarkRavingMad posted:

didn’t Orton just RKO her head into the mat like a month ago as part of this build
Looks like, yeah. Has Orton inflicted a lot of concussions with that move?

Kunabomber posted:

she also deep sixed nikki cross with a sister abigail, she's cleared to wrestle now
What? She's been cleared since 2019. She won the tag titles.

But she went from being constantly in the main event to having her brain scrambled by nia and rousey and then doing way more low-key stuff. He career has a really obvious trajectory after that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

On a serious note, I would be shocked if Rhea lasts more than two months as champion before either Charlotte or Becky (if she returns) gets the title back.
Rhea was probably slotted right into Charlotte's spot when Charlotte got pulled over a bad pregnancy report / Andrade thing / covid thing / seriously who knows with WWE.

So yeah, I wouldn't be so shocked, though maybe with HHH's star falling Charlotte won't get as pushed.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

For those of you not watching RAW (you are a stronger person than I), you missed out on one massive disaster of a match between Asuka and Rhea. Where Rhea got gassed like 5 minutes into the match and could barely do any power spots at all, to the point of where Asuka had to actively help her pull them off.
At least Rhea had the sense to botch and then try the botchy awful sequence against a different set of ropes instead of just doing a full repeat. I don't know what thing was where she fell down and... Seriously I don't know what they were doing.

She didn't really look gassed though, just out of her element. Though I only managed to watch like a third of the match given it was bad and the ending was... Let's say foreshadowed. By a year long promo. Right before. Or so I assume, since the promo was bad and I muted it.

Did I mention this is all bad?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bray looked like he was about to have a breakdown and instead started to hoedown

I kinda liked it, the Friend is nonsensical fun

Shinjobi posted:

WHERE THE HELL IS SLAPJACK
In the domain of RETRIBUTION, CATERING

Eat My Fuc posted:

I didn’t watch tonight i’m sure it wasn’t terrible it’s Asuka
It was terrible. Sorry.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kunabomber posted:

seriously this raw was insane with the amount of botches, i lost it when braun had to sell a lovely neckbreaker
I kinda thought it was a parody RKO and laughed really hard in the moment.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

So in case you thought NXT would open with something interesting tonight, you would be mistaken. They are deciding to open their first real dedicated show on Tuesday with...a Karrion Kross promo.
Yes the HHH cool guy to lead the promotion to the future is going to HHH it up on the HHH show.

Any rumors of Io getting called up?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DM Punk posted:

I really, really dont get why Velveteen Dream is still employed. They are not even using him.
Literally because HHH is insecure and doubling down when he doesn't like what people are yelling at him. That's it. That's the entire thing at this point.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

maybe the nxt releases will be the lucha house party, breezango, robert stone, and lets say.... drake maverick.
If they release Breeze that's a full sweep of the flatbacks crew. He's on a main roster contract in NXT I believe, so I could definitely see him being out.

Does he still do stuff with Woods? They love loving with Woods after all.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shard posted:

Just decided to go on a Brock Lesnar binge with vs Cena, the three way with Cena and Rollins and then again against Daniel Bryan. It feels like Brock hasn't wrestled for years in WWE but for a while there he was the forever champion. Did he quietly retire or was he a victim of "budget cuts"
Rumor is he told them he's not doing crowdless shows and not doing shows during the pandemic, went home to be a family man.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hey, Roman dodged them over not wanting to expose his newborn(s) and when he came back jacked they instantly put the belt on him.

And got his cousin in the main event when normally 1 member injured in a tagteam shelves them both. I feel like he did pretty good there.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

So Ric Flair just showed on the Triller PPV Paul vs Logan being a hypeman/overseeing a Russian slap fight
I understand some of these words but I gotta tell you that's a beautiful sentence

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

How much longer can Shane take dumb bumps for until he realises his 50+ year old body can't handle it?
Until Vince finally cripples him, I imagine, is the plan.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean people liked the Bucks when this was their gimmick
Pretty sure people did not think that build hit it out of the park or something.

Which is not to say I don't find this Charlotte build immensely boring, but the Bucks/FTR feud was that loving lawn mower joke writ large and then some wishy-washy ankle poo poo.

Although I think one of the Bucks had covid around then?

njsykora posted:

I'm glad that Drew is now feuding with SLAP JACK and TEE BAR so everyone knows for sure he's fully back down in the midcard.
No they already blew giving him the title re-match (which will be the third time him and lashley go at it for the belt in just over a year) so this is just the build to backlash

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

A mania main event where Brock just lays waste to the Fiend and the Demon would be fantastic.

Pins the Demon by trapping him under the Fiend.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

If a Ricochet falls on Main Event and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
That was actually my first thought when it came to the Logan Paul tweet

Then I got it and laughed even harder

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity's heart being full of NXTUK is a real mean diss

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

Just in case you didn't think their first two matches were bad enough, have a third to complete the trilogy.
I'm sure to complete the trilogy they'll add a third person.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shard posted:

It's really loving weird! Just loving wrestle
This is a good reaction to most of WWE if we're being honest

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

I thought the Lucha House Party was smackdown... or NXT... can we get Breezango on Raw?

Man T-Bar really has abandoned his roots of wanting to destroy Raw by defending it so hard.
He always was.

Breezango is down in NXT if they weren't released in secret or whatever goes on in NXT.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

John Dudebro posted:

who the gently caress keeps telling vince these cgi props look good. they never look good. they have never looked good. they KEEP DOING THEM
Given he has Kevin Dunn doing their camerawork I'm pretty sure Vince is blind.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CarlCX posted:

We talk about how demeaning it must be to be an established wrestler who gets busted down to Main Event, but I cannot imagine the immediate futility of making your debut on 205 Live in 2021
Is there much of a difference between main event, 205 live, most of nxt, most of the women's divisions, mid card belt feuds on the main roster, the tag scene in any of these...? Like who gets treated with respect?

They made Roman eat dog food, and Baron Corbin wrestles in a waiters outfit.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Quote on first parse gave me a laugh picturing them telling Ricochet he should have grown six inches at the PC

Also lol ya the cult can never fail it can only be failed~

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dacap posted:

I recall reading that he changed his management/representation at some point which started getting him better projects than stuff like the Tooth Fairy movie he was in
My understanding is his representation changed to his now ex-wife in 2008 and she is acknowledged as a huge part of his success.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Kross is boring as hell and there are a bunch of way better guys to have in his spot. Someone show Scarlett to Vince so he can call them both up then forget about Kross in a month.
I feel like Kross is an attempt by HHH to install a champion in his own mold so I don't think he's giving him up, or giving up on him, especially given his recent demotion.

My favorite part of him is the fact he looks like a jacked Brandon Cutler with googly eyes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Astro7x posted:

She is not a wrestler or brand ambassador. She is an independent contractor for WWE and gets paid to do what they tell her to do. I’m honestly surprised she wasn’t fired from that deal in 2020 or 2021’s roster cuts. She’s getting paid to do virtually nothing
If there's one thing we can count on WWE doing, it's doubling down on Paul's NXT fail projects.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

I thought she was winning tonight what happened?
I honestly thought Darkstar called Rhea pinning Asuka and Braun eating the pin as well but it's all a blur. I need to remember to PM you about this one.

WWE really reminds me why AEW is so much better so it was nice to sit and laugh at a weird wonky PPV. Seth Rollins all coming out like the magician, best trick is making half the audience tarp off and disappear! Sweet!

Also the Dave movie looks kinda cool!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

I don't think that will ever be a problem
I feel like we as a forum should punch down a little less when it comes to Adam Cole

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Wonder if they got some attention from NBC/Comcast about some of their guys and are trying to look good.
Feels more like Trips got demoted and shuffled down, and can't carry their weight anymore. I always feel like his insecurity shows through in NXT, especially with NXT losing the "imaginary war" brutally.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

graph posted:

i mean she was built to be a big bad at elimination chamber then lost the title shot and got hitched with the worst wrestler in the company to wrestle the same two tag matches for 4 months
I think she's talking about her friend who was released but is apparently being moved within the company or looking to do so.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Grem posted:

They're going to repackage him as Penance and have him visibly blade at the beginning of every match to hulk up.
Goons would call that a rip-off of Darby, so here's hoping it somehow happens

But he'd have to get through the NXT name factory without being turned into Hans Scooter or Mickey Chompers though, which seems difficult

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

what was the point of those rollins/black interferences when neither man had any reason to attack cesaro or Big e
Heels are charismatic and fun loving. They wear fun suits and cut fun promos. When heels see other charismatic and fun loving heels having trouble with the fun police that is the face community, heels just drop whatever they're doing and run out to kick faces in the faces. Most heels don't even care about belts or their own success. They're motivated by love for each other.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RealFoxy posted:

AEW doesn't innately sign every single WWE castoff, but Vince sure thinks they can/will
Nah, I think that phase is done on both ends.

Britt is reportedly in TK's inner circle of buddies (called the white house, according to starks) though so you gotta feel Cole has a place waiting for him.

I'm going to be really, really sad when AEW doesn't reform the iiconics though :(

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shawn seems fine, but Billy Gunn sounds like someone great backstage and his sons sounded really well adjusted on TIJ.

Takes a lot less to compete with Road Dogg though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

You just know that if Io ends up on RAW she's going to end up putting Charlotte over so WWE can try and spin her as the best in the world instead of Io.
That feels really, really likely.

Also I don't think they're calling up Balor. Roderick Strong maybe.

Karrion Kross reign of terror being aborted to job him out on main event would be hilarious.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dacap posted:

We gotta remember that current NXT storylines play little to no part in the decision to call someone up, best exemplified when Gargano and Ciampa got called up as DIY in the middle of their story then immediately Ciampa got injured and the call-up canceled.
I think the best example is having someone finish a match and win the belt with their arm fallen off only to vacate because their arm fell off so Vince could have Keith Lee THAT WEEK with no exceptions. Everyone involved in that looked terrible.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

Kross is even more boring and worse than Baron Corbin imo.
Honestly? This is spot on. Corbin's career has been plodding boredom 98% of the time, but he's been memorable a little, and the Snickers commercial made me laugh. Nothing about Karrion is interesting at all for someone so pushed by NXT. You really get the feeling HHH thinks this guy is the next big thing, or some mandated project.

Has he even taken a loss since joining NXT? He's like HHH+Goldberg then with the personality of a shoe.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

shiksa posted:

i cant wait to watch triple h try to outcorporate the corporate personified guy who is taking no time at all to mix poo poo up. he'll fail, badly, because like, cmon, but itll be funny to watch from afar.
Aren't we watching it already? HHH demoted after they starved him for the resources he needed to beat AEW and then several of his NXT idiots ejected from the company gave me a good laugh. Some of the latter rumored to be orders straight from the Khan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Liquid Communism posted:

It feels real real weird saying this but WWE has forgotten what jobbers are for.
I said this years ago but under Brock they had brock then a giant swirling midcard beneath him.

Now that Brock is gone this has actually gotten worse. Even their "dominant" champs just look like losers much of the time.

Admittedly AEW feels too stratified, but there's no "break out performance" or building momentum in WWE. It's all just ... samey.

TheKingslayer posted:

Ok the thing about WWE is they actually do know how to book people and get them over and poo poo. They aren't stupid, this is just how they want their product to be.
So they're doing all these awful vignettes and spending extra money to do them for Aleister Black because this is, what, promoting him wrong as a joke?

They don't. When a company gets it right 15% of the time you need look at how many attempts they're making. And they're making tons and tons of attempts every month.