Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

PostMania Raw, what was once the highlight of the year https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-raw-after-wrestlemania-37-338541
...Wrestlemania Backlash...

Wait is this the new name of the ppv? That's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Do the performers get the money from the cameo's, a percentage or does it all go to the company?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wait they let Billie go? They've been featuring her a ton and not at all her former partner. I really don't get this company

I used to be able to follow the WWE narrative pretty well from like 96 - 2006. But these days it really just feels like chaos. And nothing ever gets to formulate into anything. Everything just eventually dissipates.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress this greedy rear end company. Wasn't this their most profitable year in their entire lifetime and there was no sign that it was going to change anytime soon?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Man I bet Jon and Renee have moments where they just bitch about how stupid WWE is in their spare time. My wife and I work at the same job (state government in LA) so if they are anything like us every once in a while you both just stop and go "remember that really stupid poo poo they did?" and it evolves into a 30 minute tangent.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joe I think is going to go down as one of the best who never made it super big. Despite that though he feels like a star. And I think honestly that's more of an accomplishment. To have that aura without The Company Machine behind you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

couldnt Xavier just walk away from his wwe contact if the g4 pay is enough?

In as much as people are able to do what they want. But their would be Consequences for Creed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is this because of the beef between the two? Because if so - totes unprofessional

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lamuella posted:

I'm enjoying the fact that people in this thread are talking about literally anything else rather than WWE.

Evergreen: gently caress WWE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just decided to go on a Brock Lesnar binge with vs Cena, the three way with Cena and Rollins and then again against Daniel Bryan. It feels like Brock hasn't wrestled for years in WWE but for a while there he was the forever champion. Did he quietly retire or was he a victim of "budget cuts"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

Rumor is he told them he's not doing crowdless shows and not doing shows during the pandemic, went home to be a family man.

Smartest man on the roster then.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That whole property of poo poo is so gross. Like they don't even hide it anymore. You are told right from the start that they own you and you should be greatful for it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Astro7x posted:

I get what you mean, but the “property of” shirts originated because in the 1930s USC football players were literally stealing the workout t-shirts because they liked them, so the school put “property of” on them to deter theft because it was the shirt that belonged to the school, not the person. Then it sort of took off as a sports team thing.

Regardless of how they started I'd argue that they no longer mean that and they know how it comes off. Taken also in the context of the rest of the company's history I think they are 100 percent saying the people are the property of WWE not the shirts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Karma Tornado posted:

the new Space Jam has the Iron Giant and Clockwork Orange guys and Agent Smith, so whatever the Snyder cut version of that is, probably

I heard rumors that The Mask, Pennywise and the Joker were also in it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

I was just shmucking around through Youtube, I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHUP8uQ1no

I think I found my new favorite fan reaction at 2:56. Even better than Daniel Bryan Brock Lesnar guy.

Wouldn't the decade's best title changes just be between 2020 and 2021?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Thought this pic was cute:

https://twitter.com/80sWrestling_/status/1387927349275025412?s=20

Until I realized that the "Tatanka" is wearing one of the WWE "Penny" tag belts. Which means this is a fairly recent pic. Which means the most recent gimmick on here is Razor Ramon.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the body paint for Tatanka

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I actually love this idea.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Garza defeats Gulak and then shoves the rose up Gulak's rear end postmatch

So there was a sexual assault on Raw tonight?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Who is the heel in this situation? The guy who shoved a rose up another person's rear end or the person who got the rose shoved up their rear end without consent? It's really loving weird! Just loving wrestle

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God drat, there are people out there that watch Raw and think it represents all of wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Astro7x posted:

NOBODY is a draw in this company. There is not one person people will tune in to see weekly that consistently raises the ratings. Nobody. She may be a draw for you, but you still watch everything, which means the brand itself is the draw

No I think Io was actually a Draw. I think her segments did better numbers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I remember thinking when they announced the performance center that it sounds like such a good idea. What a summer child I was.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

It is nuts really that Batista is a bigger star and better actor than the Rock, I never would have called that

I love Big Dave

In no way is Batista a bigger star. I'll give you better actor

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oldpainless posted:

What roles does Batista have where you say “now this is acting”

He was great in Blade Runner.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Blade Runner. Sorry you just got shown up

It's debatable if Batista is the bigger star, I'd argue Drax/GotG is more popular than Fast and The Furious which seems to be Rock's bread and butter now. And Batista just seems to be in so many movies now working with the biggest directors around.

They're both big stars and they're both great regardless

I guess it depends on how you measure bigger star. The Rock is the highest paid actor in Hollywood I think, if not he's made the most money in certain years due to how many movies he's in and how well they do. I would say the Rock is also more well known.

Whether GOTG or FF is the bigger series is for someone else to argue.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Love how AEW knocks 30 years off the age of the business and Dream suddenly reappears

Holy poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Please tell me the Kane and Undertaker stuff wasn't as lame as this in the 90s and it's just my stupid kid memories making me think it was cool

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It can't be overstated enough how much different Charlotte looks. It's unsettling.

ugh this poo poo again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

NWA already beat them to the Loser Can’t Leave Town match.

I can't stop laughing at it IRL

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Despite this evil evil company I really do hold some memories of it fondly. Like the beer skit with Austin and Jericho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iint9eqLA&t=341s

And while not on it's show - but WWE adjascent - I really like this reading from John Cena of Do not go gentle into that good night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeB5oqiAaFI

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

I feel like Kross is an attempt by HHH to install a champion in his own mold so I don't think he's giving him up, or giving up on him, especially given his recent demotion.

My favorite part of him is the fact he looks like a jacked Brandon Cutler with googly eyes.

I remember Kross having buzz on the indies and I thought he supposed to be this hard hitting killer. Now you're telling me he's wrestling a HHH style? Glad he didn't end up in AEW then.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is this edited to eliminate context or is it really as bad as it looks? What was she going to do to her the C4?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Random question but according to wwe lore is the ultimate fate of John Cena that bray wyatt entered his mind palace and destroyed his timeline or something?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

WWE is poopy.

How could you say something so controversial yet so brave?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is really just nuts. Like Braun? Of all people. I would have put him as a lifer. He wasn't even not being used. Same with Lana. She was on Raw on Monday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

First hint of competition and WWE wants to take its ball and go home: sad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd like to see Liv Morgan go back to her old entrance music that was the word "yo" 500 times

Liv Morgan joins the Acclaimed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Critical posted:

Braun slowly walks in circles around his Kia, sadly making choo choo noises

This mental image made me chuckle

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Why wouldn't Braun go to AEW?

There's no reason. They've taken worse and done more. AEW is looking to expand - everyone is up for discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just got this flashback to a promo HHH did against Benoit where he called him a big fish in a small pond and I'm comparing that to how AEW treats champions from other feds and it's crazy. Like I actively got mad about how belittling it was. I hate that whole mentality from that time period and honestly I feel like WWE was never able to shake that idea and its what lead them down the darkest timeline.

At the end of the day Vince can't stand anyone else having any kind of success outside of his sphere of influence.