Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gonna tell my kids that the drummer is a young Luther.

This Japanese Death Match Legend is at the Wrong Gig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

In terms of bad live performances, one honorary mention should be whoever played at WM18. I think it was Drowning Pool, but I might be off.

The performance itself wasn't so bad for what it was. It was just that it was introduced as "telling the story of the Chris Jericho vs. Triple H main event." They knew that their main event had such a lovely storyline going into the show that it could not be saved by even WWE's video package team. The best they could do was have this buttrock band play with monitors showing quick clips of Jericho and Triple H hitting each other with the occasional shot of Stephanie looking angry.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

When you forget which Suicide Squad character you're supposed to be ripping off.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Matt Christman go on RAW

I'd rather see him job to Matt Cross.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ganso Bomb posted:

My partner is going to be out of town for a week next month and I took that time off of work, so maybe I'll blast through these dumb, dumb movies then since I'll have lots of time to fill.

This is exactly what I did. A few years ago, my then-fiancee left for a weekend bachelorette party and I figured, what the hell, I'm going to marathon all eight movies over two days. As someone who loves lengthy movie series that mutate in various oddball directions (ie. Rocky, X-Men, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street), it was a fascinating watch.

The first movie is a competent-enough update of Point Break. Then the sequel is like Speed 2 where the main actor is nowhere to be seen but they make a movie anyway. The third one is the black sheep and is barely connected to the rest of the franchise. But it's connected in a way that makes the continuity really weird and at times meta. The fourth movie feels like a big culmination, but is probably the worst movie of the series and is only interesting in the cliffhanger. Once it hits Fast 5, poo poo starts getting completely crazy and over-the-top and it's entertaining as hell.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

He'd be a great Ben Grimm

He'd be a better Namor.

Then again, Namor is just Black Adam with Aquaman's gimmick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TheKingslayer posted:

WWE and The Fiend really stumbled into that kind of imaginary deep lore poo poo like Twitch streamers have with Five Nights at Freddy's.

Pumped to eventually see the Fiend vs. a purple Atari sprite.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

jesus WEP posted:

No-one cares about wrestling and they wouldn’t magically start caring because Disney bought it

Okay, but hear me out: Baby Andre.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

cams posted:

i haven't heard of a new musical act since 2006 tbh

My brother directed a music video for Flo Rida featuring Pitbull (or maybe Pitbull featuring Flo Rida?). To this day, I still can't name a single Flo Rida song.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Why did they send her Viscera's clothes?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MJeff posted:

I would like to see Brock's v-tuber persona.

"Why would I read the manual, Paul?!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's got some BTE energy to it, and I mean that in a nice way

Reminds me of Chikara's CP Munk, who was just a guy in a chipmunk mascot costume. Eventually, he was in a tag match against two ROH heels who were trained by Punk and wanted revenge for the offensive comedy gimmick.

Then CP Munk unmasked to reveal he was Necro Butcher "all along."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Flight Bisque posted:

Didn't Punk get mad about CP Munk or am I just assuming/misremembering that he did because he's him?

Pretty sure he did.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

*lazy thumbs up*

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Astro7x posted:

Since when has anyone gotten 15 minutes to talk at the HOF ceremony that wasn't THE main inductee?

I'm pretty sure Mr. T's speech from 2014 is still going on right now.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Blaise330 posted:

I still don't know what Chris Hero's hype was about. I did like the description I heard of him though. "Chris Hero used to be in a shape and he was a pretty good wrestler. Then he got fat and became a great wrestler."

It blows my mind that his real life story is exactly like one of the most ridiculous character origins from Tekken.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TheKingslayer posted:

This kind of reminds me of when Del Rio came back and surprise beat Cena with a super kick and they never mentioned it since they wanted fans to forget Cena ever lost for when he made the eventual return.

Or when Ziggler took out nearly all of the Authority's Survivor Series team, but Cena was the captain and Sting showed up, so nobody ever brought it up.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Going back a bunch of pages, but...

Shard posted:

Whether GOTG or FF is the bigger series is for someone else to argue.

GotG = one of the best Disneyland rides. Soon to probably be the best Epcot ride.

F&tF = universally agreed to be the worst ride at Universal.

Big Dave wins again.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

Fantastic Four is way bigger than Guardians of the Galaxy :colbert:

I can see why you would confuse Fast and the Furious with Fantastic Four, as they both have bad rides at Universal.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

a cyborg mug posted:

Picture this: the smelly farts gimmick but as a non-comedic babyface

If Austin farted instead of yelling "WHAT?!", promos would have been so different in the aftermath.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

"Paige here!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

sportsgenius86 posted:

We should make promotional materials for a fake indie just to gently caress with him

Let him know that all the talent are going to be publicly established as actors playing roles and we refuse to put up any flyers.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Man, what a great Twitter account.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

For reference, here's last year's Memorial Day Raw. It was, at the time, the second lowest number ever.

8PM: 1,806,000
9PM: 1,726,000
10PM: 1,673,000

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

if braun was making a bunch of loving money and his contract was well into 2023 and he got cut earlier i'm sure the dude is raking in a good amount on the 90 days no compete clause on the big rear end farm land he owns. Maybe he can get real knee surgery now or get in touch with Rey's guy for his knees.

Replace his legs with tank treads.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Nick Khan saw Braun getting slimed and that there was a guy on the roster named Aleister, and he decided, "You can't do that on television!"

Firing all those people despite record profits was the introduction to the opposite sketches.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

My favorite thing about the lineal championship concept is how someone was interviewing Wade Barrett and brought up that he was the current lineal champion and he gave this knowing laugh like he absolutely was aware of that already.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Man. So DIY vs. AoP vs. Revival is possibly my favorite WWE match of the past five years. It's so damning to see what became of all three teams.

One went to the main roster, got screwed around, asked for their releases and moved on to the competition where they felt more respected. One went to the main roster for a cup of coffee, got screwed around and made sure to hide out in developmental until the heat death of the universe. Then the dominant team came to the main roster, got screwed around, got released and now they're just done.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

Nick Khan snapped his fingers and eliminated 50% of the WWE roster

The Internet: Tommy! This is it, man! We need you to poo poo on WWE for how they treated you!

Tommy End: nnnnNOOOOOOO!!

The Internet: Oh, screw you, you tattooed rear end in a top hat! I'll do it myself!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

A very hearty lol here for me

This should probably be in the wrestling questions thread but I already wanted to acknowledge my lol above:

Has anyone ever won a Battle Royale style match after getting knocked out or something in the middle of the ring and won because everyone else fought it out and eventually got thrown out?

I'm talking like the gif of Mario Party Bumper Balls where Luigi wins after not moving

- Sort of the same idea, but there was a WrestleMania pre-show battle royal where the final two would challenge for the tag titles later that night. D'Lo and Test were busy fighting it out while the other guys remaining accidentally eliminated each other.

- Darren Young won a battle royal this way during his Bob Backlund protege run.

- During the early 90s I recall coming across a promotion on TV that had Lightning Kid on the roster right when he was first becoming a thing in WWF. Seems like it was UWF. They had a battle royal for a title shot and a jobber guy woke up in the center of the ring to discover he somehow won. The heel champ was on commentary, very happy with this outcome.

- Chikara's last Infinite Gauntlet match had a whole subplot where the heel GM decided to hire a bunch of students (who wrestled as masked jobbers) to fill up the battle royal roster for extremely cheap. They ended up working as a unit and made it so that the entire ring was cleared before the final entrant, Ophidian (later revealed to be their leader), would come out and win by default.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

just imagine the Dave Matthews Band Tour Bus Situation but with wrestlers

It would be the same, but with more doves flying around.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Armbar.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gas "The Gasman" Gas

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jiro posted:

What's the Cleveland show's lineup look like?

Talking bear, fat son, smartass son, teen daughter who's dating a white guy, the redneck guy and his excessively overweight wife, bartender voiced by David Lynch...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Kirios posted:

Imagine having a bunch of top tier wrestlers on your roster, with fully fleshed out characters and can go as well as anyone in the world. Now imagine cutting them and let your biggest rival in 20 years scoop them up and create their now and future with these amazing talents.

Must be a lovely company that lets such a thing happen!

Something that comes to mind for me is the 2019 Royal Rumble. Going into the show, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose were having a high-profile feud. Rollins would win the thing, but Ambrose was considered a big deal in relation. So it was a huge shock that Ambrose got eliminated by NXT entrant Aleister Black. It made it look like they were super high on Black and that this was going to be a major first step on the main roster.

That elimination was in fact the first step of us finding out that Ambrose was finishing up and leaving soon. And now Black has been run out the same way. Just odd to think of in retrospect.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tweak posted:

Make your first move, so what's in gon' be?
You're trapped in the new world of Street Fighter 3
Fight for the future, so what's it gon' be?
The 3rd strike y'all it's Street Fighter 3

(I burned all my DC games but this CDR was the best one)

Yeah, that makes sense.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cena is going to have to birth himself from the womb of the fiend so he can return from the husky harris after world akin to how Ace Ventura had to evacuate his Rhino suit. Cena will also have to be born naked that's the rules, the RAW rating will start off with an all time low, but as word gets around the internet that Cena is climbing out of the Fiend's rear end naked, covered in birth and mucus under the red stage lights, over a billion people will tune into the USA Network, this begins the second Attitude Era.

And when everyone thinks it's over, Cena reveals that he brought some backup. Rey Mysterio fires out of the Fiend's rear end like a cannon.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ASenileAnimal posted:

the rear end-like structure

All right. There's the new thread title.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Back in 1993, WWF introduced a new heel Bastion Booger. His debut match was slated for an episode of Superstars, as was the norm. Presumably, he'd take on some local talent and squash them in order to establish him and build him up. Said match ended up being against Virgil, who was just a step higher than local talent. He was basically the lowest ranked face in the company and was long past relevancy at this point. But whatever, Virgil was who they would throw in to job to monsters like Sid Justice, Yokozuna and Giant Gonzalez. Why not make him a victim of this new, ugly, fat guy heel?

So anyway, Virgil won with a crucifix pin after just a couple minutes. Bastion Booger debuted by losing to the biggest jobber on the active roster. A week or two later, he'd get his win back. Still, even as a 12-year-old who had only been watching wrestling for two years, the whole thing felt really weird. I'd discover years later that basically everything relating to the Bastion Booger run was Vince loving with the guy portraying the wrestler.

What I'm trying to say is that Karrion Kross should be referred to as Bastion Booger '21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DogsInSpace! posted:

I did not know any of this and thank you. Wonder if Bastion sneezed when he met Vince?

Apparently, Vince told Mike Shaw to lose weight and he wasn't successful so he was given the gimmick as punishment.