Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I get what they're trying to say, but Edge was knocked the gently caress out at the time and had to be carried on top of Bryan so the idea what he has any claim to the title is just absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

boxcarhobo posted:

how many times has WWE done the spot where the winner was knocked out but their friend came in and knocked out the other guy and dragged the winner on top of him for the pin

Was there also a third guy pinning both their shoulders to the mat?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm sure Diesel has some weird rear end rules in his contract about how they're allowed to shot him next to taller actors just like how his character can't lose any fights.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jiro posted:

The Stallone/Arnold/Van Damme/Segal Clause I believe it's termed as.

In wrestling it's the HHH can't be shown in a weak/prone position clause.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SonicRulez posted:

It is eating me up that Trips posted WE FIRED THE GUY and immediately wrestling Twitter fell all over him and is probably sending him another fruit basket. Ah yes, this one guy. He's the one who personally saw to every trash bag in the last decade. And the company had NO IDEA until Mickie brought it to light. But now that they're aware, they can get rid of Some Guy and make amends. It's the most blatant PR stunt and ya got SRS out there tap dancing for it. And I like Sean, but drat.

I really enjoyed all the people jumping to WWE's defense as mailing people's belongings trash bags wasn't a hosed up move.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Seams posted:

"this is embarrassing"

I couldn't finish the clip, it just got too terrible.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is dan schneider writing for WWE now

Did women walk around bare foot tonight?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CarlCX posted:

I don't even like Nia Jax, and I cannot imagine I will ever particularly like Nia Jax, but giving her weeks upon weeks of "haha she fell down look at how stupid she is" as a gimmick, on the basis of someone completely unrelated having slipped once, is remarkably disrespectful to Nia Jax.

It's still a set up from her screaming about her hole.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

MJeff posted:

*loses three million viewers in half a decade*

"Eh, you're just gonna keep watchin'!"

They mean darkstar specifically.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My dog is dying, I did my 400th funeral this year today, and this made me laugh so loud I woke my dog up. So thanks for that. Dark humor is the only humor right now :unsmith:

That feels like a huge step down for him

As someone who lost their dog on Saturday and has been holding back tears for days my heart goes out to you. Slightly on topic we named her Bayley Banks.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Edward Mass posted:

I remember they renamed AJ Styles 'Jackson' something or other. This was before WWE hired Styles.

e: it was Jackson Shaw.

The WWE name generator must have been set to love interest in a YA Novel that day.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
My only opinion on Charlotte is that she's been the same boring character having the same boring storylines for years and for some reason she's touted as an all time great even though she's been surpassed by many of her contemporaries.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Shinjobi posted:

Charlotte Flair can't be Charlotte Flair without Ric Flair being somewhere nearby. WWE law.

Maybe she should instead don a mask and work with a far better wrestler. Slapjack, for instance.

She'd probably be more popular if she ditched the Ric Flair Tribute poo poo and was just her own person. Like back when she was in NXT and it wasn't so shoved in the audiences face.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
How many times are Nia and Shayna gonna wrestle Tamina and Nat???? Who is invested in this feud?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Charlotte should never attempt that Andrade elbow stop again. She looked like she was drunk.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's gotten to the point where I can't even read the entire Raw recap, so I was shocked when I saw a Youtube video of Kofi beating Lashley.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
As dumb as that tweet was I don't see how anyone could consider that "lashing out".

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CarlCX posted:

on april 2 natalya defeated shayna baszler, and the following week at wrestlemania natalya and tamina won a title shot against nia jax and shayna baszler, which happened the following night when nia jax and shayna baszler defeated natalya and tamina, but the following week on raw natalya got revenge when she defeated shayna baszler, which led to a match two weeks later where natalya and tamina defeated nia jax and shayna baszler, which earned them a title match at the pay-per-view two weeks later where natalya and tamina defeated nia jax and shayna baszler, which necessitated a rematch the following week on raw, where natalya and tamina defeated nia jax and shayna baszler, which led to another match on smackdown where bayley, nia jax and shayna baszler defeated bianca belair, natalya and tamina, which has triggered a match for next week, where natalya and tamina will face nia jax and shayna baszler

I honestly thought I read the recap wrong. I'm sure I asked this before, but who is this never ending feud for?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

D.N. Nation posted:

So there's a universe where whatever not-stupid name they call T-BAR is tearing it up, huh

It's actually pronounced TEE-BAR.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I only care about Lana in AEW of she brings the accent back.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Oh my God, I just remembered Braun poo poo talking all the indie wrestlers who didn't have a fall back plan during the pandemic. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean in the case of Santana, I would not be shocked if her release came about because of her insanely stupid Instagram post earlier this week glorifying Donald Trump and the confederacy. And when she was called out for it, she deleted the post and went with the "well I have black friends so I can't be racist" defense.

You are aware of the company that fired her right?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just imagine how much money they could save if they weren't paying Vince's talentless children millions a year.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Aww yes, it was Cancel Culture that cost you your job and not the increasingly insane public outbursts. Bix needs to be stopped!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

This is almost as sad as that Ricochet picture.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Y'all it's months later and I still can't get over the phrase "box like structure". I refuse to believe those were actual words written by a real person for another person to read life on television.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Imagine being this upset that people like a good wrestler.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Ok, stupid question, why don't they just use any of the 200 plus wrestlers they currently have signed?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What is WWE's obsession with these beautiful woman gimmicks and having them proceeded by months and months of video packages?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Codependent Poster posted:

To be honest I'd laugh pretty hard if they did these months of videos for her, then she had her last gimmick where she would come out to an elaborate intro, then make up an excuse and leave immediately without wrestling. Then get the old "Eva Marie has left the building" line.

After what how they handled Emma, Lana, Carmela and Liv this is 100% what's gonna happen.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This is my first time seeing Karrion cross and the guy just looks like a generic heavy.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What happened to Big E on Smackdown last week if Black was fired? Did he just pretend he didn't get laid out the week before?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's insane to me the amount of talented women have on their roster and they still can't create a remotely interesting women's division on their main shows.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Of course Big Dave asks a question about the talent's workout routine.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blaise330 posted:

Hey WWE isn't going backwards with the women. I mean sure 5 of them got fired so they could hire Eva Marie whose gimmick is "I'm hot" and the main women's story of Raw with Alexa is "bitches be crazy" but still..... diva's revolution.

Don't forget Alexa is also a grown woman dressing and acting like a preteen girl for some reason.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Liquid Communism posted:

It says something that Rousey is an division-killing loss when she worked a total of 70 matces in a total career of 13 months, with 2 losses.

She debuted with Angle at WM34, and hasn't had a match since the triple threat with Becky and Charlotte on 4 August 2019.

I wonder if they thought for any second about actually building any women up to actual come off as a threat to her. Because at the time every woman aside from Nia and Charlotte was basically treated as a joke.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Man, it's really wild what takes make you feel insignificant, but here we are.

I don't think I've even seen a dumber wrestling take, like holy poo poo.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Stephanie once fired a dead man twice.

I'll never forget the time they did an angle were she flipped out on talk announcer guy and just started slapping him repeatedly to the point that he got a legit black eye. And then nothing came of it later.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Drakkel posted:

Both matches are gonna be less than 3 minutes and will probably involve Charlotte/Rhea either DQ'ing the other's matches or distracting them into fluke roll-up losses. This will be followed up next week by a tag team match between Charlotte/Rhea and Nikki/Asuka where either Charlotte or Rhea will attack their teammate and end the match with a DQ in less than 2 minutes.

Raw's creative team might as well be a copy machine at this point.

Best women's roster in the world!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I just don't get why they brought Eva back, it's not like she was a star during her first run, it's not like she can wrestle, it's not like they don't already employ dozens of beautiful women. Her hair did look incredible, I'm not even gonna lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Someone said they were gonna turn her into Bertha Faye and this doesn't feel very far off. gently caress. gently caress this company.

How long until she and Otis have a romance angle?