Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I’m so mad you’ve made me aware this has good line stickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

also lol at this character chart dropping by stuff I don’t remember

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

LostRook posted:

I suspect he's about to be scammed since I'm pretty sure half a dozen Yakuza substories start like this.

:hai:

i had figured at least at first that he was getting targeted because he lists a crazy high income and seems desperate enough to buy idol merch for her

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Absolutely hooting and hollering when this happened.

capoeira ftw

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

https://twitter.com/mugicaan1/status/1402918615402180611?s=20

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

in about six hours. CR puts out eps at 2:30 eastern

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm a little confused now.

What was Fake Yuki's motive for killing real Yuki? I guess she's going around murdering people who could tie her to the murder? I thought her motive was jealousy from being fourth place at the auditions, but from her last phone call I guess she's just a serial killer failing downwards as an excuse to murder people? :confused:

Regardless, what a fantastic show! Bravo! :golfclap:

she wanted to be an idol and her mom told her to do whatever it takes to chase her dream. she has no morals is all

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

ah poo poo, ah gently caress

How could they bamboozle me like this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

have never imagined them without their hats and its freaking me out

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pootybutt posted:

He doesnt have an arc, bro. He's oddly enough the most put together and socially capable of anybody in the cast save Goriki I guess, He's not a social invalid. Just a grump. Playing yakuza AND cops. Makin plans. He formed relationships fine, and like I said, everybody loved him. Whatever thread the story was trying to weave thematically Odo at the center failed to thread the needle because it's Odo. It's something that makes sense for someone w social anxiety or something, but that doesn't describe him at all in my book.

Saying odokawa doesn’t have social anxiety is very silly imo when his very first scene in the show features him going “well I consider up to 10 possible responses to any question because I’m not sure what to say in the moment”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pootybutt posted:

You mean the relatively normal way of approaching a service-oriented line of work for a super blunt person? I didn't say he doesn't have social anxiety, but it never cripples his decision making or personality or even functions in the narrative as a hurdle to overcome to where an ending that just pushes the switch in his brain that made him interesting off and says here ya go, protag shown the whole time to be an awkward but capable grownass man who mostly advances his diverse relationships on his own and is the best at engaging w different types of people in the cast, NOW you can go live life and talk to women haha and be vulnerable and all that cornyness comes off as an earned or even good ending for him. Weird road to come at the metaphor from, too. Didn't land.

yeah I was happy for him to stop intentionally distancing himself from the world

I was watching it as it came out so maybe I’m forgetting some piece of this that’s rubbing you the wrong way? Him seeing the world that way is a coping mechanism and if he’s gotten to the point where he no longer needs it that should be celebrated.

Calling it “the switch in his brain that made him interesting” gives me pause because it’s not metaphorical for him. People being animals isn’t the audience seeing odokawa’s thesis on society or whatever, it’s what he actually sees. It blurs his view of reality to a detrimental degree and freaks him out since he literally cannot tell if he kidnapped a girl or adopted a stray cat