Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"start lower, I beg of you" has to be one of the most menacing things Sam said on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

there's a website : https://worldsbeyondnumber.com

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

No but seriously Brennan Lee Mulligan, WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT?

gonna have to take notes to make sense of that last encounter

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 12, 2023

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It started off a little grating, but dammit if I couldn't help but laugh a bunch at some of the pulls they made in later categories. Impressive as hell, and they double down on Count Chocolata being a character.

Neverafter is great so far, but I'm having a hell of a time understanding the plot.

They're all story characters, there's an evil godmother eating stories or controlling them, or making the stories darker, but there's also a book that eats characters and sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad... Maybe a rewatch it's easier to follow, but the lack of an understanding of the 'reality' of the game is making it feel like grasping for straws trying to follow what's going on. Starstruck and Tinyheist were wild universes, but they had enough of a tether in reality that it wasn't hard to follow. This one... not so much.

From the Numbers Beyond site. Better subscribe to their patron cause it sounds like they're going to give away hundreds of dollars. Has to be what that redacted bit is. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

I think/hope that we're on the cusp on learning a few more rules/movers of the universe, I certainly hope so. The mystery is a little too unknowable to get invested in the stakes atm.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"you don't want to use that ability?"
ice cold

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

do they design those themselves or do they source them from a company somewhere?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

oh dear god that's sad

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

tsob posted:

Now I kind of want Sam to be a guest on the next season of Dimension 20 and for Brennan to play Evil Sam or Sam's ancestor Samuel Dalton; including pulling out the top hat and monocle any time he's in character.

I'm dying for another season of mice and murder

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"more facts about grant anthony o'brien parts III, IV, V and VI"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Amy is the quality label for a breaking news episode and she should never change a thing

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

imo this season has had about ~8 solid-to-great episodes, and a bunch of mediocre / boring ones.
especially a horror themed show - you just can't keep that atmosphere going for ~25 hours.

As an experiment, it failed: they should have gone for either horror-comedy or shortened it to a much smaller season imo.

e: tbh I do wonder what calculations go into the season length, given that it's a paywalled streaming service

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

NieR Occomata posted:

Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever been bored out of my mind with an intrepid heroes season but by golly, Neverafter did it. Even Unsleeping City I just fell off for unrelated reasons, but there are numerous times I would forget what was going on as I was listening to the episode. It also really doesn’t help that NADDPOD is in a place right now that’s super exciting and interesting so it makes every episode of Neverafter feel so bloated and flaccid by comparison.

speaking of naddpod, is that the type of podcast one should start at the beginning at, or should you just pick up the latest episode and work your way backwards?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I don't know these people are actors and writers. If brennan had given them such a choice somewhere in the middle of a season, I can see them taking the drama bait for a bit. Not in literally the final episode though, lmao.

basically: pacing issues, again

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I love how we're at the final episode and we still don't know the agenda of the main villain (?)

that's good writing there.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it's been a while since I listened to it but I think Coffin Run is more character moments than big d&d battles

although it has those as well

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is Starstruck the season where Brennan uses the word 'youths' but pronounces it like he's in a scene from my cousin Vinny?
Because I can never tell if it's a deliberate affectation or not

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

yeah Ally showed a mean side of themselves that's hard to shake

of course it was literally the rules grant & themselves set up so it's not like they were cheating or anything, but there's still a less viscous vibe from grant's challenges than ally's.

that said some things were clearly "just" because they didn't think of the consequences (flea market comes to mind), less about planned meanness and more just being shortsighted.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

kind of wondering if / how the writer's strike is going to impact a small operation like dropout
their game shows don't really have a lot of capital W Writers on board, but dimension 20 does, kinda

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm shocked he treats some characters like a piece of meat.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I hope they don't focus too much on Amy and bring in new people more than old hands.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

when Brennan commits, he commits.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I do have to say Lou going all-in on burning shitloads of bridges with characters is fearless in the best way possible

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

final showdown are going to be a three-way fight between Provolone & Amangeaux vs Karna & Delissandro, with Raphaniel off to the side doing his own spore-infested? thing

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Make Some Noise -- Basically That's a Bird Fact

goddamned now I have to watch it

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Gorgug would be proud

goddamned face of the episode

double nine fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 8, 2023

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that voice will haunt me for the rest of time

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I never realized who his dad was, and I really should have. It explains literally everything

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I see a critical role future where Zac guests a couple episodes.
It'd be a goddamn crime if that doesn't happen.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

did ... did they give him all the episodes? cause that sets some expectations :p

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

really looking forward to the brennan roast, if current trends continue

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

this is the most brennan intro ever

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

started off horrifying, ended really lovely.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

vic always seems like a bundle of heartwarming chaos

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

you still have to resist the emotional connection with your fellow actors who are also talking, though

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the set design looks amazing

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

someone's been playing psychonauts by the look of it

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

And I thought Grant was the meanest breaking news writer
that was amazing

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

but the mentopolis plot thing is supposedly portable/a projectile weapon

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I hope they build more seasons without the dnd ruleset, it really seems to drag down the drama
otoh presumably there is a large part of the audience that's married to dnd as a pillar so a full break will be impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the new dirty laundry has insane "drunk with friends" levels and I'm here for it