Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Staying past the end of your shift for an hour because you need to give an 80 year old instructions on how to configure an email client over the phone is not a fate I would wish upon my worst enemy. My labor is worth more than this.

I am a patient they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly

I literally ran into a dude who was actually still using Eudora in 2021. Somehow we got it working.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Escape From Noise posted:

Not doing anything for like a week knocked me the gently caress out! At least the color for the bière de Noël is really nice!

sip

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I think my boss has more or less confirmed that I've set an all time record for tardies at the company. They don't wanna fire me because being 5 minutes late a lot really doesn't seem so bad considering my performance reviews are light years above everyone else's. But now they're telling me I need to go see a therapist or something in order to get my autism or some poo poo formally on record so as to give me and them plausible deniability as to why I haven't been booted yet.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I personally really like dark beers. They should start selling the Leinenkugel snowdrift vanilla porter here soon. I like that one a lot. Guinness is also just kinda one I like as a basic beer for me. I'm drunk rn btw

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I like Guinness, I also like to just pick up some Blue Moon whenever I'm at the store and wanna pick up some beer for the hell of it.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

wait wtf I thought this was the trashed thread wtf this is the work thread.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Work was OK. Kinda slow. Went on my phone most of my shift.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

well I landed an interview for another position here, but I doubt I'm gonna get it.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

God why is life suffering? I have to work in this office with all these people next to me and I'm forced to hold in l these farts all day long. It can't be good for me.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

xcheopis posted:

How was the interview?

Oh it was great. There's like 10 other people gunning for the position and I'm not even close, but whatever. I can just apply for other stuff. I bet I can get out of a customer facing position by June next year.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Help I put on my sandals today without thinking but only noticed when I was halfway to work so now I'm stuck at my desk and I can't leave or else everyone will see my sandals.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Interviewed for a different position today again. I feel better about getting this one, and the interviewer lady was really nice. Uuuugh I'm gonna be stuck answering phones forever aren't I?

emSparkly

Yeaaaah dude I don't get to bid on a new shift until September! I took this idiot night shift before they put me on cable support and now I've been hooked into TV troubleshooting throughout primetime baby. I want my life back Mark.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I have to say I am glad that where I work, the bosses don't really tolerate that stuff. I've had run ins with a couple repeat offenders going off on transphobic screeds and one malding incident over the Little Mermaid remake. It had been an ongoing thing with those couple guys and one point it got so egregious and the conversation started spreading out to a couple other people who were obviously not into it so I shot an email to my supervisor, and in the next couple minutes the big boss swooced around the corner to take them away for a quick "shut the hell up" talk. I haven't heard a peep from them since. My bosses are all conservatives but they're professionals first.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I did one tour of duty in McDonald's and another in Taco Bell. I've seen things man. The ketchup that stained our hands will never wash off. Food service is hell.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I would really like a job where I'd be doing something good for humanity. As of right now my main duty is to reset old folks' cable boxes because they wanna watch fox news. I always wanted to be a teacher, but I was convinced that STEM was the only way I was gonna avoid poverty. Well I was terrible at it, and dropped out, and now look at me.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Sarah Cenia posted:

i have an exciting career opportunity for you in the world of burying meemaws

protip: don't do it lol

How much does an undertaker make if you don't mind me asking? I probably won't go for it because moving several tons of dirt a day will kill me. And they won't even let me die in the grave I dug.
(At least that's what I assume burying meemaws refers to. Unless you're suggesting I start knocking grocery store shelves on top of old ladies as part of life insurance fraud schemes.)

emSparkly fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 28, 2023

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I know

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Oh lord we're finally getting shift bids soon. Problem is they changed my department so I dunno if all my seniority is out the window now. Pray that I can get some kinda shift where I have a life again.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Gaylor Moon posted:

Shift....bids? I'm not familiar with this so like, going off if how it sounds, so is it that workers have to essentially "fight" for specific, 'valuable, high-income' shifts?

Nah they just lay out what shifts they need people to work, then people pick what ones they want the most and you get dealt them based on seniority,

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

On an unrelated note, I was forced to google Jake Paul at work today.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

I don't know where this company keeps buying their headsets. I've had 3 of them break on me in the last month.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Like, unless you really need to leave a job on good terms, or you actually had a good working relationship with your employer, what's the point of a 2 weeks? When I worked for Taco Bell as a teenager I just stopped showing up one day because that poo poo had me so neurotic.

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Uuuughhh I had a racist rear end karen give me the business. Lady out here like "I don't mean anything bad by this, but some of the guys working on the line looked like, Mexican or something and maybe didn't understand English" and this bitch out here insinuating that our guys don't know how to do their jobs because they look Mexican. It took all my strength not to just go "Oh my God lady that's so drat racist."

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Worst thing about going back to the office is that I have to sit next to the problematic people again. Instead of complaining about “woke” marvel the conversation is about house flipping now so maybe that’s an improvement?

I am a patient they.

emSparkly

Guys who sit across from me are still being weirdos. Recent topics of their conversations include comments on the sex lives of older women, the one dude's ex, and crypto.

I am a patient they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly

My new supervisor got promoted so now I get to go back to my old cool supervisor

I am a patient they.