Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I got to my part time weekend dishwashing job tonight a bit ago and wow, prep & dayshift really left every single dish thruout the day for my coworker and I!! sheesh nothin to do but just head down and get thru blehhh hope yalls works are treating u well this weekend 💜

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Yo whatup I'm logged on.... at work

Hope y'all are having a nice quick n easy afternoon! 💖

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Morning prep workers DO YOUR OWN DISHES CHALLENGE!!!

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Gaylor Moon posted:

Morning prep workers DO YOUR OWN DISHES CHALLENGE!!!

this is an empty quote

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Me: huh what, why am I not hearing sound thru my headset wtf
*looks slightly to the right*
oh it may help if I put it on lol

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I second that what

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I think everyone should work in food/restaraunt at least once, whether it be kitchen, front of house, dish pit,,,, that way you can realize how big of a oval office you are when you come in 20 til close ☺️

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Sarah Cenia posted:

agreed 10,000%
a year of grocery store work should be mandated upon turning 18 imo

Oh! grocery bagger/checker was my first one! Theeeen migrated to the pizzafranchise across the street

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

emSparkly posted:

I did one tour of duty in McDonald's and another in Taco Bell. I've seen things man. The ketchup that stained our hands will never wash off. Food service is hell.

ohhhh I worked Taco Bell a handful of years ago! a lot of the crew was pretty chill, but yeah those rushes just SLAM ya. 🥺

I am currently slamming coffee and going to have a yogurt,,,, one more lil dish shift and tmrw is me actual full day off w/ 0 responsibilities. LETS GO WORKIN YOBBERS let’s go!!!

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Eyyyy shout out to morning prep for not leaving me a sink full of standing, cold, meat water with an insane amount of meat chunks to come into first thing this week! :cheers:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
My supervisor and her supervisor were in her office discussing idk supervisory things and I hear one of them mention the name 'jim davis' and like, no forethought at all I just yell HEY ISN'T THAT THE CARTOONIST FROM GARFIELD??? and big boss just pokes his head out and is like I..... don't know how to answer that

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Sarah Cenia posted:

just spent the past 10 minutes listening to one coworker discuss how the bible needs to be rewritten because it's been proven that humans are older than the bible because of aliens or something. also, the sphinx was originally some other organism but then got re-carved to be the sphinx. also also the pyramids aren't tombs, they're some sort of electrical power storage device. ANCIENT BATTERIES

the other coworker told us about how Stonehenge is a giant subwoofer.

the first co-worker later turned to me and told me the other one is nuts.

get me
the
gently caress OUT OF HERE

F U C K

*hits blunt* heh hell yeah man

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

cruft posted:

As previously mentioned, forums.somethingawful.com.

This is one of the few places on the Internet where the name of the server actually reflects what the hell it's serving. Your instinct to suspect it'll be some random thing is spot on: it's just that SA never moved out of the 90s.

(I'm not convinced moving out of the 90s was a good idea for architecture)

ngl I also worry about how visiting here looks at work lmao I go into incognito mode 🤫 turn off sigs, avatars, imgs and smilies

Areola Grande posted:

so it's an idle game. I liked Tiny Tower back in the day but idk about this. I'm rlly into puzzle games tho

I like to play sudokus while I'm at work!

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 13, 2023

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
yk what I brought my steamdeck cool toy to work today bcz it’s Friday, half the departments are gone, my supervisor is on vacation and it’s getting harder and harder to give a poo poo~~~!

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
man I just got here and I’m kinda like goofy stoned and the silliness of my fellow restaurant workers is great :roflolmao: just all the goofy yelling everyone does at each it always gets me lmao,, I hope all yalls evening shifts are going well!! back to the PIT

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 16, 2023

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Sunday dishpit crew sound off ~

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
one of the cooks here is just SCREAMING lyrics to every song lmao oh I missed these type of environments

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 16, 2023

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Uggghh wanna go home and pet cat

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
heh 'yobbin hard or hardly 'yobbin :clint:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I am currently at work. I am not at home snuggling with my cute, fuzz black cat. Hmph!

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Areola Grande posted:

got busted for vaping out the front door while watching the front desk. i'm not allowed to leave this small greeting room so when i get the craving i just open the door, and while making sure to keep a leg inside the room, blow some chunky clouds outside. anyways i can't be doing that no mo if i want to keep my weed job :(

That loving sucks :\ they straight up like, chastised and gave you poo poo for it? tch I'm sorry that happened to you today ugh

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Randy Travesty posted:

WRT weed jobs: you will lose your license and go big jail if state inspections or cops catch you with personal use open weed (as in not sealed new in package) on the job in any state. Real real. And you can't vape nic on premises. It sucks but thems the breaks.

poo poo, so you effectively cannot be high or have ur own nugs of your own poo poo while working at a dispo?

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
aaaaa last day here before this place remodels; came into like nooooooo dishes on the shelves and all 3 sinks were completely clean that's that the gently caress is uppp :cool:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
psssst anyone want anything off salad bar

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I've been a "tier 1 service desk worker" (I'm a receptionist for 3 community colleges that resets passwords and helps answer obvious; very loving stupid, questions that could be answered if one would explore website, and read) for 2 years and I'm just. Drained lol. I can barely maintain the "happy to be here\help callers & communicate with coworkers!" persona anymore.

They stick our specific # loving everywhere like "hey call for general info!"

Get calls about,,,,, things I've literally never heard of nor been trained on. Oh shoot all my coworkers are on calls; Shoot 5 different departments I called for help didn't answer.
Oh shoot, my supervisor answers in a gruff, annoyed voice solutions that I've already tried and didn't work.

Meanwhile I'm loving the hell out of a part-time weekend dishwashing gig and all the crew there. Giving serious thought to just going full time there.

sorry for the venty, whiney post lol; I can't even fake this poo poo today.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Got quite a bit impatient on a call earlier and when the caller asked my name I replied with "Steve" (My name, is not in fact Steve)

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

emSparkly posted:

Oh lord we're finally getting shift bids soon. Problem is they changed my department so I dunno if all my seniority is out the window now. Pray that I can get some kinda shift where I have a life again.

Shift....bids? I'm not familiar with this so like, going off if how it sounds, so is it that workers have to essentially "fight" for specific, 'valuable, high-income' shifts?

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
there's several cooks back here tonight just shout singing about their peepee's going d-doing, doing, doing because of asses like that.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
heh monday number 5 am i right folks

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
*sigh* I tell ya what

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
A (notoriously stupid) employee called our help desk today,,, and said that he's at a hotel in california,,, and can't connect to their wifi. HOW TF IS THAT OUR PROBLEM talk to the hotel's IT team gdi

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Escape From Noise posted:

A second morning poo poo has hit the toilet.

The second bathroom is falling!

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

xcheopis posted:

True compassion:
A social worker I know (she works with homeless people) was in tears yesterday, trying to get a client into some shelter before he dies on the street.
The catch is that this man is a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad human. Every time a shelter accepts him, he's thrown out in a matter of a few hours because he is just so god awful. But this woman (a WOC, I might add) cares enough about this fucker to be literally crying over feeling powerless to help someone rushing headlong long to a cold painful death on the street.
I'll never be that kind. I'll never be that strong.

Ugghhh she just sounds too good for it all. The guy you're talking about probably has entirely no concept of how much she cares or has invested into helping them. Bless her heart.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
ok my boss brought tacos today for all of us today,,, they were gently goading me into trying the hot, hot sauce; I'm a total total wimp and blanco. I MEAN IT'S FINE AT FIRST but then oh my GAWD it kicks it kicks the end of my tounge is burning pleas ehelp

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I don't think I will ever forget the mental image/scene while working tn, looking over and seeing 4 cooks on line just very loudly singing and in harmony to the song about sucking dick :mmmhmm::neckbeard:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
ok wow also apparently two cooks and a mngr had to step up front and "de-escalate" a situation bcz some dude at the bar said something about another patron's daughter annnnnd if our staff hadn't have stepped in everyone else present would have jumped him :| apparently it was something so vile that like no one wanted to even repeat it; what a piece of poo poo

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
hahah asked a student's name and he spelled r-i-c-k-y and I had to ask them to repeat because I genuinely heard them spell licky AAAAAAA I just asked them to repeat it but sheesh my hearings on the go i-tell-u-hwat

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I've reset so many student's passwords today heehaehaehehe anybody need your password reset hahahahaha I got u

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I can't do it,,, I just can't do it anymore I can't fake a friendly customer service persona anymore,,, god grant me serenity,,,, this is why BOH restaraunt work is always so much more up my alley uggghhh :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
"Ok and so for your email you would use username12345@xxxxxx.xxx"
"Thats what I put and it's not letting me in"

K thats obviously not what u put because if it were you would have gotten logged in, full stop :)