Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tbe best part of the announcement of the Nagata match is A) its a Nagata match and B) much like NWA, Impact, etc, it means NJPW has finally realized where the power lies.

All companies exist to serve AEW imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

We're at war here people. When you're at war, the weak serve the strong. You think your precious little company is going to get a better deal from Vince???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

LMAO I had forgotten about this shirt. It rules.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Procrastinator posted:

he's going after page and sky, what more do you want

It rules imo that the go home segment to a huge gimmick dynamite was All Ego Ethan Page beating up the champ and a legend to no reaction. The Era of Ego is now on national TV. It's not confidence.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

Gotta put Ethan Page at the end of the show to prevent losing half your viewers for the rest of the show when he turns up

It's not viewership numbers. It's All Ego.

But yes it will be very funny when Archer (and Darby I assume) brutalizes them.

Procrastinator posted:

but it was a taped show....

these are details. All shows are taped or we couldn't see them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My view on Scorpio and All Ego Ethan Page is that Scorp is actually good and it's extremely funny to me to repeatedly say It's not confidence, it's all ego and related catchphrases so they should continue getting a push or get buried or whatever is happening.

Remember the basketball audio thing? That doesn't happen without the all ego mentality.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I guess I missed something is there a reason he's MT Nakazawa instead of Michael Nakazawa now?

I definitely thought Mox and Eddie were going to ask for a Mox and Eddie vs Kenny and Callis match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

He basically stole QT's former gimmick once QT stopped being nice middle manager guy. He even comes out with an apple.

Yeah, an apple MacBook!!! :shepface:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

One of my big takeaways from last night is Kip Sabian is surprisingly good at both pretending to be maimed and pretending to be sad. Good for Kip.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

They're there for All Ego

Whats going to be great is when All Ego Ethan Page turns face, rejects the sin of arrogance, and becomes Small Ego Ethan Page.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I know AEW usually only runs tag team matches between established named teams, but a good feature match, maybe a Dark main or something, they could do would be continuing an existing program from this week, but add a smallish Canadian veteran to each side, face and heel, to make sure it all goes smoothly.

I refer of course to Cage and Page vs Cage and Page

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It could be another Arcade Anarchy match but all the machines are replaced by edgy 90s ripoff pop-a-shot machines

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Time to pay your dues, lad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lamuella posted:

I want to see Wardlow fight Darby.

I mean, mostly I just want to see Wardlow.

Hopefully after blood and guts he won't have to be Mirror Universe Hager anymore.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They should improve their relationship with AAA by having HOOK go to AAA and join the Psycho Circus as HOOK Clown

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

The rub is that Dynamite, being your primary show, has to be able to stand on its own. Dark/Elevation/BTE serve as extra that viewers can choose to watch if they want but if it ever become something they needed to watch to follow along it would be a problem. But I don't think AEW's ever really done that. There's pushes and stories that sometimes start on Youtube but AEW is generally good at catching you up and letting them stand on their own when they show up on Dynamite.

Every dynamite should cold open with tony sitting at his desk and telling everyone that if they didn't watch all ego ethan page*'s vlog to shut off dynamite because they aren't wanted here

*its not confidence its all ego

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

uuugh do we really need another wwe has been midcarder

[this post is exactly as much of a joke as you the reader are comfortable with]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bryan coming back as bald violence man Bryan Danielson and stomping out Cage to win the FTW title? Bryan getting heat by putting Hook in the Cattle Mutilation? Bryan having 20 minutes to get Ricky Starks over? Tazz having to balance his fear and revulsion at this monster with his profit motive?

:blastu:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Its going to be like Rick Rude hes going to be on Dynamite and Smackdown with different haircuts

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Marks: TK can we get Daniel Bryan
TK: we have Daniel Bryan at home
Daniel Bryan at home:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

no he's the Johnny Gargano at home

this is fair

Does that make darby or scorp his ciampa

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Whether or not Danielson shows up it should be quite a show tonight.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If bryan doesn't sign soon it'll be fun to see him replace Punk as the new person everyone whips themselves into a frenzy for anytime there's a chance for a surprise.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It'll be like a secret boss fight in street fighter. They'll build a Darby vs All Ego Ethan Page* match, then as Page makes his entrance he will be thrown into space by Miro and replaced.

*it's not confidence**

its all ego

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

say the line, ethan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rarity posted: