Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I got my first AZ jab on the 1st March, so my second is due in 2 weeks or so but I've yet to hear anything about it. When should I be calling about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm not sure, I was just given a letter telling me my appointment. I was told when I got it that I'd hear when my next shot was, but so far nothing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Oh, I should have mentioned, Scotland.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

A tiny cage covered in poo poo is absolutely enough evidence to at least suspect abuse. Let the RSPCA know, imo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The corollary to the "how do you tell if someone's a vegan" joke is "How do you know if someone isn't a vegan? Tell them you are".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

My struggle with vegetarian is how much I miss all the cheap shite.

I don't crave a perfectly medium-rare top sirloin, but lord do I loving crave a Peperami.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yup, sitting it out too. Used to hold my nose and vote for the SNP, but after they openly refused to remove vocal transphobes from the party, they can go gently caress themselves too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ruth Davidson lost her seat to Angus Robertson, who's generally accepted as Nicola's heir apparent.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

As a resident of Dumbarton: gently caress.

(Still don't regret not voting though, the SNP don't give any more or less of a gently caress about Dumbarton than Labour do, and a pile of rancid shite could run here with a red rosette and win).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm still waiting to hear about my second AZ shot, next week is the 10th week after my first. So I'm giving them till next friday, and if I still haven't heard, I'm gonna phone them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Aidan_702 posted:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
You can book the second directly here.

I did it, then two hours later my GP texted me and told me to book my second lol. I had to cancel the one I booked via that link because the GP one offered it yesterday, instead of next week

:edit: I think that link should be stickied somewhere

I should have mentioned, I'm in Scotland.

That link should be stickied somewhere though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

COMRADES, WE WILL MAKE THE CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE.

What is to be done? The changes. The changes are to be done.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Random Integer posted:

What does that even mean? There are ways govts can create jobs, like infrastructure spending or nationalised industries, but if that was the focus the tag would be 'infrastructure' or 'nationalisation'.

Just having the focus as the abstract concept of 'jobs' seems completely empty. Nobody is going to the polls to vote for an arcane set of tax incentives that will maybe incline some employers to hire more staff under very specific conditions.

I'll translate: We'll create the 21st century equivalent of workhouses because all of our problems are created by those feckless workshy unemployed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Still not got the letter for my second jab, but Scottish NHS site says next thursday. Hope that's the case.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

In lighter news Rishi looks set to kick off Pass out to help out:

https://www.companydebt.com/features/124-pints-to-save-the-pub/

I mean, it's a big ask, but I'm willing to give it a crack.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I just had a bit of a fever and joint ache after AZ1, just took a couple of solpadol and slept through it. Got AZ2 on thursday, so will report my experiences after that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

So wait when the SNP announced they were nationalising the rails was that just them announcing a UK tory policy ahead of time again and saying it was their idea?

Coz they do that a lot, with basically everything that isn't devolved to them.

In fairness, "nationalise the railways" is not some cutting edge policy fresh from the Tories that no-one ever thought of before.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

That's me had the second AZ shot. So far just a bit of a sore arm.

Also the doctor who gave me the second one wasn't as good as the nurse that gave me the first, I actually felt the second going in :argh:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I do wonder what Butterfly Effect stuff would have happened if he was Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson from the start.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Everyone with even a marginal interest in sport should watch Fighting in the Age of Loneliness, noted documentary genius Jon Bois' masterpiece, covering the entire history of MMA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DoaUyMGPWI

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 23, 2021

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Just Another Lurker posted:

That's interesting, wonder what the actual % divide was. :page3:

It wasn't even overrepresentation, if I remember right, it was a Chinese woman in the late 80s/early 90s who won 4 back to back Olympic golds, then mysteriously they decided to gender segregate just before she'd go for a fifth.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I'm died of suddenly.

E: gently caress!

E2: I am wondering what tissick and plurisy are.

Also faintly curious if died of stone means kidney/gall or a big rock.

Also also can... can you die of thrush..?

Pleurisy is an old name for pleuritis, an inflammation of the pleura, the wall of tissue between your lungs and chest.

As for dying of thrush, you absolutely can if left untreated, because any infection can spread.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I always assumed "messages" in Scottish came from going to the post office to collect your mail, and getting your shopping while you're out.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm below the income threshold so I don't pay for most basic dentistry, and even then I'm constantly worried when I go for a checkup that they're going to sneakily upsell me on something and I end up owing thousands. Especially since I know people that exact thing has happened to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Live footage from the twisto household

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdfx7l4z5cQ

I've seen this so many times and I've only just now twigged it's Pete Donaldson singing.

On the subject, he has a great podcast called WrestleMe, where Marc Haynes introduces Pete to the world of pro wrestling. It's one of the very few actually funny "comedy" podcasts, to the point where I've had to pause multiple episodes because I'm laughing so hard.

(e): And for the page snipe, a bit of classic punk, Misfits' We Are 138.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 25, 2021