Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ah, the Lemon Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've heard about crying after sex, but...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

who wants to give me odds on him going after the spectre of Hardieism by 2024

e: cat tax

Dabir fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 7, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

imo rich people who work anyway aren't really working class because they don't have to sell their labour to survive, they have enough money already.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I believe the younger you are the harsher the AZ jab is.

As I understood it the harsher response is correlated with having had the combined MMR jab. Is that not true after all?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I thought that was just that the younger you were (within the age ranges getting jabs) the more likely you were to have that?

See the impression I had was that it's the other way around - it appears to be age related because it's actually MMR related. But of course you can prove anything with statistics.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I just went looking for @parliawint's takes on yesterday and he's been loving banned! What the gently caress?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hahahahahahaha holy shiiiiitttttttt

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

let's be real we knew Keith was an incompetent dipshit when his leadership slogan wasn't "Steer calmer with Keir Starmer"

cat tax

Dabir fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 9, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

He has already managed to change half the party's vote share away so I for one an excited to see how much harder he can change.

Momentarily failed to mentally gear shift and thought you were saying Linehan had somehow done this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

God Bournville is so drat nice. Love getting a reason to stop off here for a bit. Got some good photos of ducks.
https://i.imgur.com/Y6pGfjk.mp4

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How's this?

Dabir posted:

Posting OC (Original Cwacktent)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

radmonger posted:

If only natural Tories are allowed to vote, then you have to convince fewer people (who are all Tories) to win! I'm a genius!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Sounds like the beliefs popularized by 'On Killing' and 'Killology'.
http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/vo9/no2/16-engen-eng.asp

It's an optimistic view in a way, but almost certainly overhyped.

Where it becomes dangerous is when you assume that humans never ever want to kill and so you have to aggressively train that into soldiers or police officers just in case they need to. Then you end up with American cops being full of 'warrior cop' horseshit and not conflict deescalation skills.

I can't find the video now, but Beau of the Fifth Column seems pretty confident that the 4% number is right, and given his background I'd trust his assessment. He said it's corroborated by other sources.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Now look 'ere constable, dis is wot we in da Ferapist Squad call CBT, wot is a very complicated an' effective way to prevent soo-side-al-ty in a scumbag.

*starts bludgeoning victim in the nuts with a truncheon while yelling NOW DON'T DO IT AGAIN*

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Despera posted:

Main character was for the holocaust but then wants to bang hot Jewish girl, so learns error of his ways!

if this was your takeaway from it I don't know what to say. this is not how normal people watch films

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Random Integer posted:

All I remember about JoJo Rabbit is it sure put a lot of effort into making all its Nazi characters either comedic or explicitly sympathetic. Which is certainly a choice.

Sympathetic, nah. There's sympathetic German soldiers, but, ie, Sam Rockwell's character clearly doesn't remotely believe in Nazi ideology, he's doing his best to prepare the kids he's forced to take care of for their horrible and probably very short lives in this awful regime, because he knows if he doesn't do it, someone worse will. The true believers are jokes, albeit often dangerous jokes, and that's good because Nazis are loving jokes. Hitler wanted to be called The Wolf and went into a big sulk when nobody would go along with it. Fascism is a very stupid ideology for complete losers who want to feel like big men and depicting them as the clowns they are is the right move.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Filboid Studge posted:

LAAS rather than Gnasher, LAAS aren’t Jewish. One LAAS member was responsible for the majority of complaints about antisemitism to the Labour Party under Corbyn, most of which were about random anon Twitter users...

I thought that was Margaret Hodge?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Apraxin posted:

'i apologize wholeheartedly for publicly making a defamatory statement (which can be viewed directly below this apology)'

I don't think that's the tweet he's talking about, I think he means the one he immediately deleted as soon as lots of people had a chance to see it. The one where he said Starmer's wife had banned Chapman from the house.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Borrovan posted:

Had a lengthy discussion about this one time during a webcam game of The One Ring, which involved lots of googling & poring through his letters & diaries &c. iirc the outcome was that whilst there isn't really a sufficient case to say that he was an antisemite, there's definitely enough dodgy poo poo in there that I wouldn't go on record saying he wasn't

He probably wasn't an antisemite in spirit but uncritically accepted some ideas he shouldn't have, is my read on it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

I genuinely don't understand how they even remotely see themselves as principled anti-racists, when everything they do directly shits on the memory of the holocaust and victims of antisemitic violence by enabling the people most guilty of it and condemning those who most firmly resist it

What makes you think they don't know exactly what they're doing?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/MatticusFinch10/status/1395426894447845380

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

Firefox on mobile also allows this.

Firefox on mobile is also weirdly feature incomplete. I got used to pulling down from the address bar to get to my list of tabs and Firefox doesn't even seem to have that as an option.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

You swipe left or right to switch and tap the number to bring up the list if tabs. That's not feature incomplete, that's just behaviour designed differently.

Chrome also has all these features.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

I didn't say it didn't?

But seriously, stop using chrome. Google are starting to dictate how the Internet works because of the huge monopoly they have on browser users. I don't care if you use Firefox or not, just don't use chrome.

I have stopped using Chrome. But it bugs me that Firefox doesn't have this feature that Chrome has and doesn't seem to trade that absence for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

When everywhere is underwater, everything is shipping.