Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lol, I almost wasn't going to bother voting at all, but this has given me the kick I need to go and do my part in crushing the Labour party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I feel okay voting Burnham for mayor, as the mayoral vote definitely feels like a vote for the person rather than the party. Otherwise, politely spoil the ballot? Do spoiled ballots get counted as a vote, rather than counting me as a non-voter? I don't think I've ever seen them included in voting figures.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Done and done. Also, have you made a coconut fudge yet?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Camrath posted:

A coconut derived flavour is on the list for later this month :)

You're too good to us, friend.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Did me a heckin vote. Burnham for mayor, a polite "none of these, thank you" for the other ballots, carefully placed where it couldn't be construed as a vote for one of them somehow.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It looks like someone cut him out in Photoshop and dropped him to 60% of his regular size.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

How can you have a combination toaster and poacher? Are they just two separate machines that someone arbitrarily bolted into each other? One requires lots of water, the other requires a complete absence of water. They're not exactly a match.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Today was yet another eight hour grind, which I somehow still consistently have even during a pandemic, except I have no change of scenery, social events or energy to invest in hobbies, and I might have had a little cry.

So tomorrow I'm going to really put in the effort. I'm going to blast through the first two hours when I'm feeling fresh, then really commit to just loving off the entire rest of the day to play videogames. It's a big change, but I know I can do it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fiona being an ogre is a basic-rear end subversion of fairy tale tropes, that's literally all the thought that went into it. Examining why that appealed to the writers is fine, but I am begging you to just learn to enjoy things on a surface level, for the love of god.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Like messages for groceries

Like what now

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Folk will say they're off to get the messages meaning going shopping. I was unware of this until my wife pointed out she had no idea what I meant by 'going to get the messages'

That has to be made up to annoy foreigners, there is no throughline between those two words.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Even if the only thing they changed about unemployment was taking away any and all job seeking requirements, that would be like half the stress gone immediately.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've literally forgotten what her real name is. She shall forevermore be known as Eve Fartlow.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Edge is pretty much the best browser now, if you fancy giving Microsoft control instead.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Miftan posted:

Let me guess, you've already had both vaccine jabs?

Just laying the groundwork before my first jab on Saturday.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It looks like the London 2012 logo in bus form.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have been vaxxed, and there is delicious fudge waiting at home. Plus no work on Monday! Everything is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yesterday, I was clearing out bookmarks as I was duplicating the entirety of the google in my bookmark folders (again, for the nth time).

Today I noticed a new thing in my google chrome bookmarks bar called "Reading List".

I think it will make adding all those interesting links people share on here much simpler than bookmarks in the bookmark manager, and easier than finding out I have 3 subfolders with the same name in different bookmark folders.

Much as I use the 'watch later' on youtube to save links and now and then just put them on 'autoplay' to get through a few.

That's basically what is for, yeah, I managed to trim my actual bookmark list to around a hundred a couple of years back. Edge goes one better and has Collections, which is mostly the same but you can further split links into topics, so you don't have to have political articles dumped in the same place as recipes or whatever.