Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol good luck being a one party state England, shame that one party are fash adjacent rather than milquetoast soc dems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If your budget is limited then just go for the lightest you can get for the cash you have, would advise something steel framed though as it will last forever if you look after it. For City commuting singlespeed is fine and cheapest to maintain (less to go wrong / easier to clean).

Factor in buying a new saddle because any cheap bike is going to come with absolutely shite one (same with tyres, you can save longterm by shelling out for some schwalbe marathons which are pretty much impervious to punctures).

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Starmer cannot fail, he can only be failed.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Bigger and softer saddles aren't necessarily more comfortable, and may well be worse for saddle sores than something smaller and harder. Depends a lot on how you sit on the bike.

Dunno if these are still good as Charge bikes are no more and the branding got bought over by other companies but these were the absolute poo poo when they first came out.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Charge-Spoon-Cromo-Saddle_65215.htm

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Whole head of cauliflower, marinated in olive oil and smoked paprika, roasted for an hour.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Pictures please, this is intriguing...

Serve it in a wrap with hummus and hotsauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4uTeheluFI

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Raw broccoli works well as a coleslaw with dried cranberries and some chopped nuts.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
When you have been vegetarian for more than a few years meat just smells and tastes gross (spoiler it is gross and so is the industry surrounding it). There is however no effective vegan replacement for cheese, so that will need to be pried from my cold, dead, slender vegetarian hands.

Also people who go on about bacon, and how amazing it is are worse than evangelical vegans imo.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I would forgoe vegetarianism if the opportunity arose to eat the rich.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

big scary monsters posted:

If you're killing the mice anyway then is it ethical to eat them afterwards?

Probably less jacked up on drugs than the average cow.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

franco posted:

Are the Linda McCartney saussies a different recipe now? I haven't had them since I was vegetarian over a decade ago and they were really dry/mealy compared to other options at the time.

No still the same, still as dry, better if you fry them rather than bake.

Quorn sausages are the best for dirty breakfast.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's been a while since I saw a photograph of Keith holding a pint, do you think his handlers have cottoned on to it being a bad look?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I went to a vegetarian chinese restaurant in the Netherlands and they had fake (presumably seitan) duck with some weird fatty skin (presumably tofu?). No idea what it was, looked and tasted like duck.

Probably was duck.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've used jackfruit a few times now but hadn't heard of this. Very interesting and whilst it looks like the texture is a good mimic to fish I'm dubious how exactly it can taste like fish.

Mix in some ground up nori.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

lmao

https://twitter.com/HannahAlOthman/status/1389964348102225924

therightaregettingbetteratmeming.png

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 5, 2021

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Voted SNP/Green last week by post, in a Glasgow constituency so hopefully it will have some impact. Here's to the coming Nat/Green administration going on a spree of nationalisation, banning toff country sports, and boiling the piss of Daily Express readers :toot:

Hopefully Alba get gently caress all, and just go away and die in a ditch.

edit: Is Boris going to declare war on France to distract from his endless accuastions of corruption?

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 6, 2021

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
absolute unit, tories are unstoppable.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
look at those meaty fists, he could totally destroy you if the whim took him.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

crispix posted:

mystic crispix is going to go out on a limb and predict that scottish tories will deny the SNP a majority and will gloat about it for 5 years

nah this is the year of the ScotLab resurgence, Sarwar will hoover up the Ruth Davidson vote.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Good news lads the plucky English fleet has seen off Onion Johnny from our fishing ports Rule Brittania.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Flayer posted:

That's exactly what will happen. The planned end of the French fisherman protest will happen, the British gunboats will sail by Jersey and the Daily Express will declare the French soundly thrashed.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jakabite posted:

Wait there isn't?

Scottish count doesnt start till 10am on Friday, results wont start coming in till the afternoon.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Imagine Keith in this situation.

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1390336734697828362

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol Scotlab are going to have a better night than the big party.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
NIP got like 250 votes lol, Lab can't even use the excuse that they split it.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1390548710153654272

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 7, 2021

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

What does change mean? It means we need to change and change faster!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Alt-universe Britain 2021, David Milliband Celebrating his third successive term, while London revels in a permanent Olympic opening ceremony.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Petition for the Labour party to appoint the Starmer AI as interim leader.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Darth Walrus posted:

You watch the Owen Jones doc? The Tories around Hartlepool have been making a convincing, well-evidenced case that they will benefit the material interests of low-income voters by rebuilding public services and investing vast amounts of money in the area, while local Labour has been getting sniffy about 'bribery'.

This is the same tactic as they used in Scotland for years, SNP would do something popular/progressive, Lab would complain that it was a bribe to fiendishly steal their votes.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
This guy won btw.

https://twitter.com/HannahAlOthman/status/1389964348102225924

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

u brexit ukip it posted:

Interesting result though in Banffshire and Buchan Coast which is more rural - SNP hold, but down 10% with CON up 10%, resulting in a 700-vote majority for the SNP (or 2.3%).

This is good, Tories hoped to take it. SNP candidate is also very pro trans rights.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Aramoro posted:

It's just extremely sad you have to check which side your SNP MSP is on.

Can say the same for all of the parties to be fair (except the Greens since Andy Wightman purged himself).

Early indications Alba polling 2% in Alex Salmond heartland, which should bag them in the range of 0 to gently caress all MSPs.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 7, 2021

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The fash candidate in Glasgow Southside got 45 votes :D

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

gently caress me someone put him out of his misery

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kier Starmer, I'm the change candidate! Vote for me if you want change, because change is what I intend to bring.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Love how the BBC describe a group of fash straight arming as 'making saluting gestures'.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
A parliament needs a good villain, glad Jackie Baillie won.

No thats not blood in my mouth it's victory wine.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
So yeah the English left should just carry out en masse entryism to the Greens.

Snype

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 8, 2021

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Isn't Rayner like the exact image of the type of voter Labour are supposed to be chasing? Working class, single mother, white, Northern, bootstrapped their way from leaving school at 16 to a professional job?

How is it so hard for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lmao

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1391112866250608646?s=19