Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mr. Nice! posted:

You want some traffic fun?

Instead of a roundabout, its a weird figure eight. If you’re going faster than 15mph or so it almost feels like you’re going to flip. This is in Hays, KS.

The vestigial Vine St. isn’t actually a road anymore. The yellow road is Vine now.

Or you could just try a regular, no frills roundabout in Shitkicker Country and see what wacky hijinks ensue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDaQZUzJCNM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

My driving test in VA was 15 minutes of error-free driving in a 45 minute test period. My instructor was chill but loved to troll kids.

About 35 minutes into my test period I cracked and asked "how am I doing?" :ohdear:

Answer: "Oh, you passed the first time. I've just been enjoying the ride ever since." :troll:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I drink quite a lot of water (nothing insane) and I can't help but wonder if that didn't help me because I weathered both Pfizer shots really well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

They were going to use that jet to frighten George Floyd protestors Jesus Christ what in hell.

What the Blackhawks and that Lakota did in DC was way more dangerous than a low-level jet flyover. They made DC sound and feel like a Fallujah reenactment.

There was also an ELINT bird circling DC the whole time, doing gently caress knows what.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.military.com/daily-news/2020/06/19/air-force-probing-use-of-rc-26-spy-plane-us-cities.html/amp

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 2, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Greg Abbott will easily win re-election in 2022.

No one ever went broke being the guy telling Texans they can do anything they drat well want.

That's why Cruz wins - they hate him, but he doesn't do anything to ~restrict their freedumz~ (that they care about), so he's their guy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Every middle-aged teacher in the Greater Seattle area just bought a gym membership.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

In & Out is also completely unremarkable unless you dip into the secret menu items.

Whataburger is incredibly underrated.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

In that same vein, if FedEx and UPS can't survive as a business without SmartPost and SurePost, using USPS as a last mile deliverer, they shouldn't exist either.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Madurai posted:

My hatred of young people is matched only by my hatred of old people. How can we combine Logan's Run with Children of Men?

Eat more plastic.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

Kind of a current event (pic taken by me)

I wonder what happened in the vision/dental office that warranted the no firearms sign.

202 area code. Getting a CCW in DC practically takes an Act of God so my guess is it's just a way of ~making a statement~.

DC is even pretty provincial about EDC *knives* and I know tactical batons are illegal in the District as well since I was curious about one for potential protesting.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hannity on tv blowing elon musk. I might actually prefer Joe Rogan

They lost Adelson. They're going to try sucking up to every double and triple-digit billionaire.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Commoners posted:

That is some of the worst wording I've seen in a while.

Spot the Fourteen Words: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/05/09/world/middleeast/israeli-court-palestinian-families-east-jerusalem.amp.html

Defenestrategy posted:

According to wikipedia every Iron Dome missile launched is 40k, apparently it's something like 800$ to assemble the missiles launched at Israel.

I feel like the media is being misleading calling them rockets. They're rocket-propelled pipe bombs, but the way it's reported, it sounds like HAMAS is raining SCUDs down on Israel.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 12, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dumb question but would a good number of the incoming missiles have no payload, and just be to waste a defense rocket?

A rocket without a payload is a waste of resources. They also wouldn't fly right without at least an inert payload of equivalent weight.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Gotcha makes sense. I was thinking of the Russian missiles that could spam lots of non-nuke missiles to overwhelm missile defense.

The rockets they're launching are effectively Katyushas/Grads.

I think you might be referring to SCUDs, though. Those are basic but legitimate ballistic missiles.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

nails are cheaper than bullets i guess

Or, all of the ammo is going to the military, which is a bad sign.

Could the "police" that are pictured there be deputies that are just armed with whatever can propel a projectile?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

orange juche posted:

Surely shooting nailguns at people is illegal, even if you're the cops, fucks sake

The reason I wonder if they're "deputies" or "militia" is that, by Israeli law, Israeli citizens are only permitted 50 rounds of ammo for their personal weapons for means of self defense.

My guess is nails aren't restricted.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So Hamas has supposedly fired ~3500 rockets thus far, so assuming $40k per Iron Dome interceptor, they've cost Israel ~$140m in missiles alone.

$280m factoring in replacements, probably more if they put a rush on it.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 19, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

I think you will find that de-centralization, and therefore blockchain, thus QED bitcoin will make me rich and all you normies will get what you deserve.

"I am smarter than the people who have the ability to send me to jail for tax evasion and also those who have made an art form out of scamming rubes just like me."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

:v:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GatorsDaily/status/1395106993178877953

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

That "quiet" is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

As Nero Danced posted:

Apparently China wants to try their hand in Afghanistan now. I wonder how that's going to go.

Afghanistan ain't called the Graveyard of Empires for nothin'!

The Russians couldn't win there and they used CBW. I could see China trying their "we don't care that you treat women like poo poo and pray to whatever deity you like so long as we can pillage your country of all those sweet rare earths" brand of "diplomacy," though.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 21, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cock and ball worture?

Chemical and Biological Warfare.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

They are normalizing rape and pedophilia.

I worry it goes far deeper than that. These are clearly people who watch The Handmaid's Tale and react with :swoon:.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Dear Joe Biden, please kill crypto and legalize the kind kale.

Diamond Joe will never federally legalize weed or even re-schedule it. He's based far too much of his political capital and life on being "tough on drugs crime."

Which is just another way of saying "those people aren't allowed to steal profits from my megadonors who make an inferior yet *legal* competitive product."

As for crypto, nothing would make me happier than hearing that someone found a way to "poison" blockchains. I know the code is designed in a way to make it all but impossible to "counterfeit" crypto, but I can't help but wonder if a deliberate bad actor couldn't find a way to corrupt things in a way that would make all currency exchange transactions fail a hash check.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

The GOP could be declared a terrorist organization and the Democrats would still pander to what they want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL8aKMaOewE

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

The Democrats need to get with the times even new paradox games are getting rid of mana.

"Our most recent polling data says it's not quite time to 'get with the times.' That's why we picked Biden."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

I'm confident the boomers can somehow gently caress things up to where the old investing paradigms are rendered useless for average people on their way out the door

Oh, we're already there. Crypto's fast becoming a laundering vehicle for banks and billionaires, and the GameStop bullshit exposed the stock market for the fixed lottery it's been becoming for a while now.

Pretty much all Millennials have left for investment vehicles is going long on Funko Pops and toilet paper. None of us will ever get to retire. We will work until we die.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Grip it and rip it posted:

Nothing is impossible when you are buying magic beans!

Especially when said magic beans are a laundering front and tax shelter for illicit activities.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Anyone thinks they are a good day trader is wrong.

Degenerate gamblers think they're the best gamblers in the world because they won "big" *once*. It's Dunning-Kruger all the way down.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

There's always composting, too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

All the first baseman needed to do was step on the base, and he got completely flustered when Baez turned around. I love it.

"I've gotta announce my presence with authority!" :downs:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Bennett is a major figure in the ultranationalist Israeli right and Lapid is a figurehead of the dwindling Israeli left. I think just about everyone in Israel is sick of Bibi and just wants to kick his rear end out after 12 years in power. Then Bennett’s coalition will turn their knives on Lapid and push ahead with implementing their settler colonialist project in the West Bank.

Nah, you know, there are a lot better spots in Jordan, and nuclear powers illegally annexing their neighbors is *so hot* right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

They'll just claim they were "only funnin'" with :troll: grins and cite the tongue-in-cheek Alaska and Texas secessionist movements as well as the Lost Cause "the South will rise again" bullshit.