Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I never got the "just a flu" thing, because the flu loving sucks. If there was "a bad flu" going around I would totally avoid going to restaurants and wear a mask and poo poo. I remember in bad years hearing about other schools closing due to a flu epidemic in that town, wishing my school could close too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Platystemon posted:

They have already been sold on eBay, both “replicas” and the pilfered real deal.

I mean it's just a thing you can get a PDF and print on card stock, and hand write your name on.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
If you have Jesus antibodies, that means you would have a reaction to communion.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I haven't been keeping up with exactly how available vaccines are lately since I got mine last month, but I went to the grocery store today and there was a sign saying COVID vaccines were there available now. Like a drat flu shot. It's still crazy to me how fast this ramped up.

Yeah, I felt kind of relieved that I got my appointment last month and then when I got there they had the signs up saying they were available to walk-ups. Amazing sure, but I could have saved myself some stress.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

Im going to let the medicine run its course. Sure I am miserable, but not compared to when I had Covid for a solid month and having to go to the hospital for it. This is tame compared to that.

I'll fight it off. But I am going to be taking it real easy and drinking a ton of ice water.

Im sure round 2 is going to suuuck.

My symptoms responded quite well to ibuprofen, and cleared up after about 24 hours of poo poo. It was reassuring to know that it wouldn't last.

It was quite bad, but if I have to do it again, for a third dose, I'm signing right up.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/harksaw/status/1420118077769981952

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Dren posted:

You can walk straight out of the clinic after you get your shot. No one will physically stop you.

They held my card for the 15 minutes.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Having done quite a lot of volunteer shifts at vaccination centres I would *strongly* recommend not skipping out on the 15 minute wait. It's not *common*, but I've seen a lot of people have reactions, particularly to Pfizer. A lot of it is just mild dizziness or nausea, but I've had a couple of dozen at least flat-out lose consciousness (two of them managing to bang themselves up on the way down enough to require hospitalisation).

It's worsened by hot/humid conditions (one pharmacy I've been at, with a particularly airless waiting area, has them dropping like flies) and apparently at least some of it is just a general stress reaction but there's definitely an additional factor at play here. This is of course on top of the much higher likelihood of anaphylaxis which is the real reason for the 15 minute wait.

Also... what kind of medical facility isn't still requiring masking, regardless of what the rules for shops etc are? At UK centres (and all GP surgeries, hospitals, and high street pharmacies) you're absolutely required to be masked to get through the door (hospitals are still requiring you to wear a 3-ply surgical mask they supply instead of whatever you turn up with).

CVS and Walmart hardly qualify as a medical facility, but that's where most people would get their shot in the US. Mine was in the center of a grocery store.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm seeing a bunch of stories about people trying to sneak horse paste to people in ICUs

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1430280499214307333

:allears:

"ivermectin" sounds even worse than ivermectin.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.whitehouse.gov/covidplan/ has been updated.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

It's not even really compelled - there's a weekly testing option like right in the rule.

There's a absolute requirement for government contractors and healthcare facilities that take medicare/medicaid. But otherwise yeah, you can test out.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
But the account isn't hidden at all? The balls tweet is still up, no misinformation banner or anything.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Now that 5G has been rolled out all over the nation, Biden is waiting for the deep state to signal. and witha flip of the switch -boom- instant giant swollen balls for every vaccinated man

Balls deep state

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

If you're a nurse and want to move to a better hospital now's the time I guess.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
If we can stop ravaging hospitals that would be cool.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I don't think anyone but that one weirdo thought you were cheating.

What is 6 months anyway? 6*30 days? Same day of the month + 6? 6*4 weeks? Do you need to adjust for February being a short month?

Guy Axlerod fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 28, 2021

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Schneeberger
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4728696/
It's been tried. He almost got away with it.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
FDA has made Phizer/Moderna boosters officially open to all adults in the USA.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-receive-expanded-us-fda-emergency-use
https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-announces-fda-authorization-booster-dose-covid-19

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I booked a booster and the closest appointment was just under two weeks out. I checked CVS, Walgreens, Riteaid, Walmart, the State site, and a couple local chains. Thankfully it's across the street this time.

I don't know if it's a supply or demand issue. My town has 84% with one dose, neighboring towns have 90%.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I got my booster last week, and I've noticed that a yellow jacket sting I got over the summer is itchy again. Makes sense as an immune response I guess but unexpected.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The trash pickup company has been unable to staff crews lately. They were skipping recycling and special pickups at first, and today with a snow storm they skipped garbage pickup too.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Grainger and HD Supply also have N95s in stock:

https://www.grainger.com/category/s...-_-In_Stock_Now
https://hdsupplysolutions.com/Searc...antity_129326=1

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Woodsy Owl posted:

Anyone have a lead on 3M Auras for shipping to home? Our car is in the shop for a while.

It looks like my go-to, the 3M 9105 from Digikey, is out of stock. Anyone have a lead on those too?

https://www.grainger.com/category/s...-_-In_Stock_Now

They have 9105s shipping in Feb, and a variety of other masks that ship sooner.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, the national guard isn't a magic source of people. You call up some national guard to work in a hospital, what hospital did they get pulled out of? At least those hospital ships have their own staff I guess.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

At a guess, I'd say most valved masks - certainly all of the 3M ones - have a valve design that redirects your breath downwards rather than just out into the air, where presumably a lot of the virus-laden aerosols just end up sticking to your clothes.

I mean your nose points down too.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
When they say they will cover "8 tests per month, per person" or "Get 4 tests from covidtests.gov" they're talking about the rapid tests, that require two tests in a row right? So effectively you can test two people with your free set. At least 8 strips gets you to about once a week.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

I still dont get why The Gym industry didnt try beta testing doing free weight stuff outside.

like dont go full crossfit crazy with tractor tires, just do some weatherized weights and adjustible benches.

I was loling when the gym people were organizing workouts on the statehouse steps or whatever as a protest about the gyms being closed. Like obviously you're doing just fine without being inside that room.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Pharmacies near me are starting the mask hand outs. Target had 3M Auras.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hey, it's a 9/11 every TWO days now.

Now that I can live with.

So like one tower a day.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Pfft, no Applebees here. Only Ruby Tuesdays and TGI Fridays for me.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Is the smallpox vaccine still considered effective against the current monkeypox outbreak? Anyone a boomer or older should have that, and if you're not from the US, some younger people as well. So my wife and parents are protected, but I am not.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The flu sucks and I don't want any kind of flu.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I was at Home Depot today and the N95 shelf was one of the few that wasn't half empty. Auras everywhere.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I'm keeping my virginity until I find a nice COVID strain to marry.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I hope that bill is written in a way that her cells are doing crimes.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

Why would they end telehealth coverage? That doesn't even make sense from the insurance standpoint to me.

Yeah, that's weird. My insurance companies have been pushing telehealth for like a decade.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Do the current variants still show up on a RAT?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I think the n95 filter material is technically made from a fabric. But it's not like they have it at JoAnn Fabrics.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Hey the new booster was approved by the FDA yesterday and CDC today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
CVS was making appointments for next week.