Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1389944267930484744

Woo hoo we're gonna loving lick this thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Picnic Princess posted:

They also are opening up vaccinations to everyone over 12 by the 10th. loving finally, my husband and the majority of my social circles are now able to get it.

Jesus what's the age of majority in your province?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Galewolf posted:

Lmao, you are crazy.

- you don't need to wear a mask
- it's not airborne
- it's just the flu
- it only kills people over 80
- the vaccine is actually giving people COVID
- it's turning everyone into murderous zombies

There's a natural 18 month progression there.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/drdagly/status/1391524533337612291

:hmmyes:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Sjs00 posted:

See I thought 4 weeks between doses was on the long side but when I hear about experiences like this from abroad I immediately count my blessings. Solidarity to you and yours .

It's probably going to be a lot sooner fwiw. Canada was dry on supply most of the spring but we're supposed to have 50 million doses for 30 million eligible people by the end of June and the deliveries will just keep rolling. It's not going to be the full 4 months, especially if the USA lifts their export ban which as expected once the surplus doses start piling up.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Picnic Princess posted:

I had the AZ shot and my arm was sore for a week

I had my AZ April 19th and I swear the muscle is still a bit sore if I flex it.

e: Still a million times better than worrying bout COVID

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/jamespmcleod/status/1397361137075773444

Canadians are a real bunch of entitled shits. But I already knew that.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is it safe to assume whatever manufacturing and logistic capability the US has for the vaccines will stay redlined throughout the summer to get as much out to other countries as we can?

Seems like in a month basically anyone who wants a vaccine here should be able to have had one.

This but not just through the summer, probably for the next 18-24 months. The world has a long way to go to catch up to North America.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

A Fancy Hat posted:

Wait, a white supremacist cop? No loving way, and he's a covid denier? Next you're gonna tell me he's a Trump supporter.

It's a good thing these guys know how to put their personal feelings aside and enforce the law justly.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Sinteres posted:

Everyone I was going to see this weekend is vaccinated anyway, but I still don't think I can justify hanging out until I know, at least until symptoms go away.

You're doing the right thing

:):respek::barf:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I don't think there'll be any real problems with people dodging their second doses. Everyone I know is desperate to get their second moved up ASAP if anything.

Yeah same, I have yet to meet a Canadian who isn't eager for their second dose. Mine is 6 weeks away and I'm counting them down.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/DFisman/status/1400848457687089152

:woop: Good news Astra Zeneca crew! :woop:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Typical Pfizerheads, never let Astra Zenecas have anything nice :rolleyes:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

KakerMix posted:

I'd be interested in seeing examinations on cases where the person was vaccinated, never hospitalized and asymptomatic yet has long covid symptoms anyway. Is that a thing yet?

If there's been a case of asymptomatic COVID causing long term health consequences I haven't seen it. How would you even capture that data without blanket testing.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Pregnant women get given a whole dossier of things to worry about and avoid. It's no surprise, especially first time mothers, would be bricking it over the covid vaccine.

I wrote a comment like this and didn't post it, but yeah. First time you worry about everything. Second time we worried 95% less.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nam Taf posted:

Your country sounds quite novel compared to the reality around the world.

Canada's leaders have made a show out of getting their vaccines with their proper age cohort.

I'm torn between not believing them, and not believing they could cover up getting their shots early without someone leaking it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fuller9x posted:

2nd dose done and dusted. With zeneca as the first and pfizer as the second, let's see the wild ride.

Keep posting this trip report I think I'm doing the Mix and Match Combo sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pyrtanis posted:

I just got my text saying I can schedule an appointment for the mRNA 2nd dose! :woop:

I've got my appointment tomorrow for an mRNA after getting Astra Zeneca in April and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Meanwhile in Canada, we have apparently have a good number of people walking out on Moderna shots because they want to wait for Pfizer.

Just in case anyone is wondering who the most spoiled brats on the planet are.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This map of Toronto is blowing my mind right now. It's data from the last 2 weeks. About 3 million people live in the area depicted and we're only at ~20% fully vaccinated, but I think ~80% with one dose.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah the risk in that situation is to the unvaccinated kids not the vaccinated adults.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I know eveyone's having a great time arguing ITT but I was wondering if anyone has information on pre-symptomatic / asymptomatic cases and how long it takes for them to show up on tests reliably?

I know someone who has to do some travel to the states and they're trying to figure out how to keep their housemates safe on return.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

get the nose poke test 2-5 days apart on return and accept that they might infect no matter how careful they are.

Yeah this is roughly the advice I gave too. I know you take this poo poo seriously, so it reassures me that we're on the same page. Thanks!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

smoobles posted:

covid is over you idiots

There are places it's effectively over, the United States ain't one of them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

WhiteHowler posted:

Walk around anywhere (outside of an ICU ward) in my state and you wouldn't know the difference.

And I'm going to guess your state is north of the Mason-Dixon?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

WhiteHowler posted:

hahahaha no we're as Southern as Southern gets.

Well good luck with that!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

WhiteHowler posted:

I'm fully vaccinated, everyone here has had the chance for months. At this point I don't feel like their safety is my responsibility.

I'm not going out of my way to be around people, and I'm taking the precautions I feel are appropriate to protect myself when I do go out. But I've stopped stressing about potentially spreading an asymptomatic case. Y'all (and I use that term in its purest sense) had your chance to be safe and chose not to.

I'm not a doomer I just live with unvaccinated kids. My wife and I are fully vaxxed now and if it wasn't for the kids COVID would be over for me too. I figure they'll be getting jabbed by end of September, so not much longer.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Anne Whateley posted:

Honestly I don't get why the scientists who developed them aren't being treated like astronauts in the '60s.

I've been comparing these vaccines to the moon landing since last year. It's very apt.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/PharmacistMama/status/1409921246268112898

The Antivaxxer Qanon Sovereign Citizen mashup thing we've got going in Canada is getting weirder and weirder

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

gohuskies posted:

We know very little about long covid and delta and vaccination for better or worse. The low death rate certainly doesn't mean we have no cause for alarm, we absolutely need to err on the side of safety, but frankly I think it's better evidence than the people calling COVID "airborne Parkinson's" do.

Long COVID mostly correlates with severity of infection as I understand. I've heard of cases manifesting from "moderate" (ie non hospitalized COVID) but it seems mostly to be from more severe cases. So if the vaccines are keeping people out of hospital in 95%+ of cases then long COVID should see a strong decline as well.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bradburypancakes posted:

The UK Chief scientific adviser did misspeak in a press conference earlier today

https://twitter.com/uksciencechief/status/1417204235356213252?s=20

lmao Ooopsie!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

And yet CHUDs are still pushing the #TrudeauVaccineFail hashtag lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/safetodo/status/1417651296723668997

tl;dr A guy in Canada started a website listing businesses only taking clients who are fully vaccinated and now he has to shut it down because of harassment of himself and the businesses.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey glad you're doing a bit better Rolo! Hopefully you've been through the worst of it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rolo posted:

I spent the last few hours with a cough that went from dry to wet to stuff-coming-up and now I haven’t coughed in an hour. My temp is 98.6 and my heart rate is back to normal.

This last 24 hours has been complete health whiplash. Yesterday I was nervous that I was going to the hospital, this morning it felt like the flu, now it just feels like a cold.

I put a banana bread in the oven and I can smell it a little!

This going to sound stupid but I needed this bit of good news today

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Blooster posted:

I am going to find out today if their masks are N95.

My son wore his mask the entire Kindergarten year just fine without complaints. He actually likes wearing them, I kid you not.

If you do find child sized N95 masks please post in the thread. I only looked on Amazon but there didn't seem to be anything.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Thank you

Blooster posted:

https://shopvida.com/products/kids-fda-registered-kn95-face-mask

They're expensive as poo poo though. Do they have to be thrown out every day?

also use coupon code WELCOME10

Thank you

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I bought 100 of the shopvida masks, which should carry my kids through to November when I'm hoping kids in Canada will have gotten a shot. We approved before the FDA on the adult round of vaccines, so there's some reason to believe/hope we'll do it for the under 12 set too.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

We have fantastic vaccine uptake numbers. We're only seeing 20-40 new cases a day in Toronto (roughly 1 in 100,000), mostly confined to a few densely populated neighborhoods, and we have about 70% full vaccination in the city.

If we can just get the kids vaccinated in early fall COVID could actually be over soon.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I get way too stressed over the fact that my kids aren't inoculated yet. :shudder:

I've got two under 12 and schools open in 6 weeks. I'm right there with you friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I think it's because it's latin. Lawyers do this poo poo all the time with their latin in briefs and judgments too.