Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ben shapino posted:

that's kind of hosed up but also hell yeah :lmao:

guys Lowes official account already replied saying none of that was true lol. This is just a troll.

https://twitter.com/Lowes/status/1423344564178493444

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

stab posted:

That's exactly it. It will have no bearing on travel.

And the quebec anti-vaxxers are pissed

The Quebecois snootiness makes me think that there are a lot of antivaxxers there. Am I wrong?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

if you can't find the time to get a vaccine you probably can't find the time to eat out or go to a movie or bar.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Fur20 posted:

going out to eat or catching a movie takes a couple hours. if you have bad side effects you will be laid out for a week

i mean okay.... lets see how that reaction goes with the actual infection instead of a controlled introduction I guess. Probably not going to be good.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Fallom posted:

It’ll just be an ever more elaborate set of excuses and moving goalposts talking about Americans who don’t have a car, can’t ride the bus, can’t take a bike, can’t catch a ride, can’t walk, work 24/7, will be fired the instant they take a break, etc. etc. etc.

they MIGHT get sick FROM the vaccine, then they would be out of work for A WEEK.

Good news is that if you're workplace would fire you for severe vaccine symptoms you are working at walmart and can move to target with a pay raise due to the fact that every place is underemployed right now I guess.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Because that would be horribly unethical and illegal?

A shameful snipe

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is legitimately true. It was a court case with Tucker Carlson. They said no reasonable person would believe what he says.

The judge apparently didn't realize that 40%, maybe 50% now, are not reasonable.

loving infuriating.

can't it be re-litigated with new evidence? they continue to commit the action they claim no one believes and there's protests every day across the country and facebook to prove they believe it. surely there's not double jeopardy anything for this

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

well thats it i've voting for jill's green party until the DNC figures out we are serious!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

Imagine losing to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein is just the loving worst lol

Jill Stein is the Sinema and the Machin of her election. They are all bought and paid for.

Citizens united is the end of our country. Eventually.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Sep 4, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

oh we're gonna get more pandemics as the planet continues to overheat don't worry!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ymgve posted:

I really hope someone has done the pour-on dosing. Just drenched themselves from head to toe.

(Is it actually absorbed through skin, or is animal pour-on just used to treat external parasites?)

its absorbed through the skin (have a cat or dog that takes a squirt on the neck for fleas and ticks? similar)

the sad part is someone has already posted a quote from gab or whatever where someone was asking how to dose their children with the pour on type =/

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i feel like i live in a fairly chuddy place, but I don't know a single person that has even gotten covid let alone died from it.

I also don't know anyone that isn't vaxxed as of a few months ago when my friends idiot wife finally decided it was safe to get it even though she was pregnant *eyeroll* come on lady that is like one of the few ways to give the baby antibodies at birth right now loving hell.

I guess my friend group is fairly small (~10 people) and my company has been having us all work from home for over a year now so many that is isolating me from the nutters.

I have not talked to extended family in years but that's not abnormal for us.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

what the hell switzerland, germany and denmark?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Scaevolus posted:

A less charitable analysis says "The FDA has been hard at work for decades ensuring people die or twist their lives into knots from a lack of access to medicine."

Lol what is this conspiracy theory horseshit?

WordPress blog eh? Great.

After reading "there. is. a. war." for the third time in the first page I scanned down realized it was 500k words and tldr fuckman.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 26, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My county in Kansas is giving it boosters to anyone that shows up. Your supposed to be:

"Age 18 years and older with one or more underlying conditions

▪ Age 18 years and older with increased risk for COVID-19 because of workplace or institutional setting “that puts them in contact with people within 6-feet for more than 10 minutes,” Health Director Adrienne Byrne said.

People with underlying conditions include those with serious or chronic health conditions and those who are overweight or obese, pregnant women and smokers, according to the CDC.

No proof of an underlying condition is necessary, Byrne said, but vaccine recipients must attest that they are eligible.

“We will not be asking for any proof of medical conditions or where someone works,” Byrne said."
https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article254567137.html#:~:text=Age%2018%20years,works%2C%E2%80%9D%20Byrne%20said.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'll be getting mine mid October with my physical and flu shot

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Eat poo poo corporations I'm never going back!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The misinformation is coming from inside the thread!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The craziest part is that this is heaven. We are in it right now.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 8, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

I thought it would be pretty safe to walk in here and say schizophrenics don't kill people in cafes but apparently that's contentious in these dead gay forums.

Edit: and apparently that makes me a "typical Australian" despite Australia having much better mental health care than the US?

hey dumb dumb:
You said:

quote:

I did, I made several points:

1) Schizophrenics are not guaranteed to have some psychotic break when they enter a cafe
2) Even if they did, it would potentially result in some deaths in the cafe, let's say 20
3) Schizophrenia is not transmissible and so the impact would be confined to that cafe

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

2) Even if they did, it would potentially result in some deaths in the cafe, let's say 20

This is not a thing that happens. This is what people are upset about. Schizophrenics don't go on rampages even if they "crack"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Of course he turned off Twitter responses so no one can comment lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pinecone Sample posted:

Does anyone else feel like they can't get drunk after having SARS-CoV-2?

I'm unable to find anyone talking about this because it's flooded with talk about tolerance increasing from excessive drinking while staying at home.

I'm not saying I'm invincible, it still makes me tired, but that's pretty much it, there's nothing noticeable or enjoyable in it.

Lol welcome to addiction

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Got my yearly physical this week. I got my flu shot. Nurse said wait 14 days before the COVID booster my doctor said I should get...

CDC says don't worry worry about it.

I was able to sign up for 3rd Pfizer legally through dillons here.. also Kroger and several other names around the country.

I filled it out online. First question was are you immunocompromised. I marked it no.

Then it popped up a second box asking if you're at risk "view CDC guidelines"

Marked that yes, gave then my insurance info, doctor info, and when I had been vaxxed previously and what not.

Doctor said I wasn't really at a huge risk but get one because fat. And he said I really really don't want to get it. That fits the CDC guidelines.

I'm getting my third Booster at Dillons in 10 days.

Walgreens refused to boost me if I wasn't immunocompromised and I had to tell them I was and sign a form? Uhh okay.

They are literally across the street from each other.

I said I had a flu shot this week and they said no problem. gently caress Walgreens I guess?

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 15, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Doctor told her today "monoclonal antibodies won't be approved because it's after 10 days." Aware that she had been trying to get an appointment for over a week.
well i mean it blows that she couldn't get an appointment but they literally don't work after 10 days... they are less effective after each day of initial infection and even 10 days is probably really stretching the benefit.

sorry for your situation but it wouldn't help

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Stickman posted:

That’s weird because the attenuated polio vaccine hasn’t been available for use in the US since 2000 and the CDC recommends an inactivated polio vaccine as a booster. Maybe they had some old information?

are you saying this human, on the internet, told a falsehood? :yikes:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my favorite movie is probably The Thing (1982).... what about you?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Typical demonrat. Worried about the baby after it's birth but not before :rolleyes:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my sister got her third pfizer shot at the old downtown library through the city.... kansas... maybe 400k ppl in the actual city?

no questions just sign up, get shot.

That's where I got my first two, i just assumed it was like an emergency thing so I didn't even think to look.

I got mine at the local Dillion's Pharmacy (Kroger many places) and i just filled out a form online it was easy. No questions were asked when I showed up.

Took a lot longer because the pharmacy had like 5 people in line ahead of me for medicine and they had the same line for refills and vaccines ? whatever.

Anyway. Sunday 3:45 pm... at 9 pm my whole upper arm got a little sore... it wasn't the needle there was no bruising and not even any blood on the bandaid. Felt like my brother punched me in the arm twice when we were kids, no big deal.

around midnight it was hurting down to my elbow and hurt to move the arm but not to lay on it.. i decided not to lay on it and went to sleep.

Woke up in 4 am because my sheet were damp from a little sweat and very mild fever. It was gone 2 to 3 hours later and I went to sleep again. Arm was sore when I got up but didn't hurt to move around and the fever was gone. My finger joints were grumpy for a few hours the day after, as was my shoulder where I have arthritis. ~20 hours after dose it was all gone.

I was able to go to work no problems but I'm an office worker so its not strenuous.

A++ would do again.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 29, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i just looked up the drug and its for OCD?....calling it an anti-depresent when it's literally just an SSRI family member seems disengous. No one is proscribed this if they are depressed or anxious which is majority of SSRIs (and anti-depresents......)

are they suggesting OCD medication for the general populace? side effects whatever?

is it possible that people with OCD take care to wash hands, wear masks, not leave the house? I'm not sure this proves anything and its not just another of the tens of SSRIs they use to treat people with anxiety or depression, its one approved for a very specific cause... (OCD)

heres a list of a thousand drugs you can't take with it.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/fluvoxamine-oral-route/before-using/drg-20066874

this is so dumb, gently caress you CNN thanks for putting out poo poo articles.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Thats horrible. Sounds like you were doing everything properly, but unfortunately covid is a cruel dick and doesn't always care :(

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Man i love piecing together 4 charts with multiple x and y vectors and trying to make sense of it. Much better than someone writing a few sentences.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wings? :blastu:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

we got a kyle backing chud invasion going on right now...

it would be interesting if it wasn't the same poo poo we hear from tuck constantly.

How dumb do you have to be to argue that the mRNA vaccine that has been in development for 50 years is unsafe, simply because they changed the payload to covid?

what exactly do you think is lurking in our blood streams that is going to cause "issues" in the future? The vaccine is out of your system by now if you took it.

You think the t-cells that the covid vaccine help create are going to turn into poison in 100 days? 3 years? 20? You don't understand science and you are stupid I'm sorry to break it to you.

*dur dur im not antivax i served in the military and got vaxxed a lot!* kind of says it all.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

g0lbez posted:

also i know there's zero point in saying this and nobody is going to say anything aside from calling me an antivaxxer/idiot/hope i die but i just want to mention that they are obviously developing a treatment (no poo poo!!) and i can guarantee you they will advise that you take in conjunction with the vaccine so please feel free to tell me how unprofitable this whole process will be

this is proof that the vaccine is fake... because it wasn't super effective for a novel corona virus . So they are creating more medicines to try to assist. Weird take idiot.

Why don't you spend your efforts on worrying about how much money we spend on a military that doesn't do anything except let the country we occupy launder money.

You say vague poo poo, post sources that are outright propaganda, then go all smug "triggered you libs" kind of bullshit.

Why are you even on this forum?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think the mods took a nap.

I think the idiots are riding high on the kyle trial and got bold enough to spout absolute bullshit.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

g0lbez posted:

can you click the ? by my post and actually address posts i made instead of lumping me with everyone who doesn't agree with you? please?

you don't remember what you posted? okay well let me spend a few minutes collecting it all and combining it in line..

give me a few. :rolleyes:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hofnar posted:

Enjoy your myocarditis

lol enjoy dying on a ventilator

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

g0lbez posted:

i might as well change my name to hofnar because having two people that disagree in one thread is much too complex for people

you're both loving stupid, so maybe just go to like 8chan and chat with you're group of ignorant conspiracy driven morons?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hofnar posted:

I guess I'm just not communist enough to hang out with you people

Using communism as a scare word doesn't do anything except buy you points on tucker carlson.

It just makes you sound like a moron.

you've won me over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

vaccines are bad ! don't get them! theres a 100 day, 2 year, 3 year, 5 year kill switch that will activate depending on which lovely non-news site you visit.

stay away everyone!

trump is going to be reinstated as president by christmas!