Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

CobiWann posted:

Arcade Anarchy had a better, more cathartic ending.

A big part of this, though, is that this was a heel victory, and Arcade Anarchy was a babyface victory. This wasn't supposed to be cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Would it have been a better finish if MJF hadn't thrown Jericho off the cage at the end of the match? To save the babyfaces from looking like idiots?

This might have been better, honestly. Then you hate MJF for not giving you a big spot, and the idea that Jericho would've splattered to his death is protected.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Alaois posted:

how does that write Jericho off though

He dissolves the Inner Circle and takes some time off to think? Does Jericho actually need to be written off? I thought Moxley needed to be written off at Revolution but apparently not.

MJF could've even acted like he was gonna throw him off, then pulled him back and flipped the camera off.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Lid posted:

I know they're going to turn around and have The Pinnacle in crutched and bandages with MJF talking about their mighty victory but I'm left with "these men are so strong that none of them gave up even while beaten to a pulp" which is not the message I should be taking away from this match.

Is it not? This is a vehicle to get the Pinnacle over, I think. They can both be really tough and shitheel scummy bastards. I always thought you were supposed to think Tully and Arn were tough guys.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

The ending really dragged and needed to be pared down some, the last 5 minutes or whatever was just solely MJF and Jericho up top and nothing (that we could see at least) going on in the ring. MJF still throwing Jericho off at the end was great, but they should have just done a wide shot of that if they knew the landing was set up the way it was. That alone would have kept all of the steam going through tot he end.

Overall voted good because there was a lot of really fun stuff in the match, especially Hager's house of fire entrance and everything Sammy did. The ending felt like a bit of a let down but no where near the extent of the exploding barbed wire match. I hope they reupload it to youtube because the PiP also came at terrible times and really screwed up the flow of the match. This is one I would've preferred to see on PPV I guess.

There was definitely some weird pacing in the latter part of the match, the commercials definitely suck, and the final spot could've been better, but none of that made me dislike the match that much, personally. I watched the whole thing then came into the gameday thread totally confused that people were making GBS threads on it.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

CarlCX posted:

the ending was whatever, at this point I'm just hoping we can put a pin in the inner circle and call it over so P&P can go be the biggest faces in the tag division, Sammy can become the singles star he's destined to be and Hager can go away

This would be great, though. Miro vs. Sammy for the TNT title gun be gut.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Can I just say that I love how the whole company built this whole major event around doing a big thing to get MJF over as a new star?

I know it might be a bit old hat to congratulate AEW for stuff just because WWE has sucked at it for two decades now but it still makes me happy, I am far from numb to it.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

MotU posted:

every match should have been better and had better endings. maybe like a CYOA kind of thing??? just a thought. might have to tape for an extra day though

I still miss when Youtube had annotations and people made CYOA FMV games for it

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Because he doesn't want to work AEW? I'm not arguing any point, actually listen to his interviews and read them and not just reactions here

The thing is, I don't believe what anybody says while they're in the process of leaving WWE. Daniel Bryan could be talking about not wanting to go to AEW for the same reason Dean Ambrose talked about being done with wrestling in general. They don't want WWE to bury them, or find a dumb contractual reason to hold them up.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Maybe I'm just an rear end in a top hat but when Max made the "Dark Side of the Ring" reference I didn't interpret it as "LOL Pillman's dad is dead"

Is that what he was saying? Gross, I didn't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I mean Darby squeaked out a win on Brian Cage and 10 already so I feel like he's probably gonna beat Miro somehow. It'll probably be another "Darby gets beat to within an inch of his life, but then somehow rolls up Miro".

My fear is that Miro will lose due to Kip interference. That would suck.