Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Peasant food. Cabbage, taters, carrots, with smoked sausage. Doesn't look pretty, but cheap, quick, and filling. Under half hour total using an instapot

Edit: served with stone ground mustard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

EEKA GEEK posted:

Plate needs more color. Sprig of parsley or something

Lol

Only green allowed is mushy peas

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Made Hungarian mushroom soup, topped with sour cream and air fried crispy onions. Side of roast baby taters, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. One day I'll remember to take pictures.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Chicken souvlaki marinated for many hours in garlic, rosemary, oregano, olive oil, and a bunch of lemon juice.
Served in pita with all the usual fixings and a side Greek salad

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Spam is good as hell once in a while. My favorite is slicing it thin, marinating in some sort of pineapple teriyaki style sauce and frying it up for a sandwich. Toss some Swiss or similar cheese on there. I usually use ring cut pineapple in the marinade, and fry that up as well for a topper.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Chili I made the other day (with beans mother fuckers) and some basic boxed cornbread I'm waiting on to cool down before cutting and serving.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Bangers and mash with onion gravy and roast Brussels. Living in the us, it's hard to find legit British style bangers. Uli's, while pretty spendy, make some amazing sausages, including bangers.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Made vegan* sloppy joes with green lentils last night. Turned out really tasty, and not super sweet like a lot of classic sloppy Joe recipes.

However the amount of fiber I consumed is basically a colonic. I feel like I've lost weight since last night.

*Used chicken stock and regular Worcestershire, wasn't trying to be vegan, just had all the stuff. Also sharp cheddar because it's awesome.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-sloppy-joes/

Did this with a few minor changes

Edit: aside from the previously stated non vegan changes, added a jalapeno, and added a decent amount more chili powder, and a little more cumin. Also used raw brown vs coconut sugar

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 17, 2023

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Thinking about making some rice and topping it with some leftover for lunch

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Super fancy cheese steak?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Roundup Ready posted:

Thinking about making some rice and topping it with some leftover for lunch

Update: really good on rice with a little tiger sauce. Almost half assed Cajun food.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's the standard, bub

Ribeye is standard

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Also I feel like this is kinda related. Bought a new oxo salad spinner after the old cheap one crapped out. Unfortunately my wife threw the new spin colander out, thinking it was the old one. I sent an email to oxo asking about the product number to grab a replacement. Just got a whole new complete unit in the mail this morning. Good rear end customer service

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol what roast do you think it's cut from

Dude. There's a big difference between thin sliced flash cooked ribeye steak and an actual prime rib roast.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

bird with big dick posted:

gently caress it

:hai:

lol

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Stink Terios posted:

A hearty bowl of ramen

I only cooked the aromatic oil, bean sprouts, shiitake, leek and pork belly. The rest is just a mix of hondashi, kikkoman tare, oyster sauce, sesame oil, fried onion shavings and the cheapest noodles I could find.

I could have added some corn but I was too lazy to open a can.

drat that looks good! Next time make some soft boiled eggs marinated in soy and mirin. So good and barely any work.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Stink Terios posted:

I wish I could get some mirin. In spite of having the second largest japanese populatio outside of Brazil, availability of japanese ingredients is pretty bad.
I guess I could get it online along with some more stuff, but it's not gonna be cheap.

Well poo poo, I feel like a jerk. Being in the Pacific North West I've got like three Asian markets within a mile or two. I bet you can get a bunch of rad stuff I've never even heard of though!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

a sexual elk posted:

Tuna melt on sourdough

Also made tuna sandwiches last night. Made the mistake of leaving the bowl on the counter for a moment, only to find my ancient cat shoulder deep in tuna a second later. Still made the sandwiches.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Did a big rear end pot roast, and my first try making Yorkshire pudding. Was super hungry, so forgot to take pictures. Gotta get better at the Yorkshire though. Not bad, not great.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Vegetarian stuffed peppers. Quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, corn. Some other stuff. Went kinda texmex on the seasoning. Whole bunch of pepper jack on top.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i ate a big can of baked beans for dinner (heated up)

My brain smashed "big can" into bag for some reason, and I had some questions.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

His Divine Shadow posted:

The local pizzeria always seems to put the peperonis under the cheese, it's weird but it's always worked fine.

Some veggies can work like that, but stuff like pepperoni, mushrooms, just don't work being steamed under the cheese. Gotta crisp them up a bit.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

One of those packages of dry falafel mix, fried up into pita sized rectangles. Tossed on a pita with hummus, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, feta, sambal, and garlic sauce. Side of Greek seasoned roasted baby yukons. Oh, and quick pickled red onions I made the other day.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

bird with big dick posted:

There was a pizza place in Coeur d’alene Idaho that had a pizza with con carne sauce and jalapeño bacon and some other toppings that I can’t remember and it was amazing.

Want to eat that. My wife's dumb hyper religious brother lives over there, and we head there once a year or so. A rad pizza sounds like a good excuse to gtfo for a while.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Imgur still friggin sucks, so can't add an image. Did traditional bangers and mash. Blend of root veg, potatoes, parsnips, and turnips. Got some marrowfat peas for the mush. American btw, doing all the dinner cultural appropriation.

All with a thick onion gravy

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Made palak paneer with rice and some garlic naan.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Leftover roast chx boobs from last night turned into fajitas. Kept it simple. Just cooked up some onion and red pepper with cumin and other seasonings, tossed the chicken in with a bit of stock, then burritoed everything up with sour cream and cilantro. Think it was like 4bux in grocery run

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Got a lazy instant pot of beef stroganoff getting close to the finish line. Never done it with the noodles in the pot, wish me luck!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Perogies sauteed with butter and onions, matched with home fermented kraut and a roast beet, walnut, goat cheese salad with honey Dijon vinaigrette.

No pictures because it was instantly devoured, and imgur seems to hate me.

Edit: perogies were potato and cheese

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 27, 2024

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

About to get started on a garlic honey pork tenderloin with a side of mashed taters and some corn, on the friggin cob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Mordja posted:

Yakamein AKA cajun ramen

Also I don't know what that is, but I want it