Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

-1 vs Young Sheldon main event coming in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

I hope this leads to a storyline about Mox having bad vision and needing to go shopping for glasses until he finds the right pair to fit his wild style

i'd call it ehhh... the Death Rider!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

ECW switched to covers at some point. So by 99 that's probably not Pantera anymore I think it's Kilgore? The very cool version of the Zoo that Mike Awesome used (and I think Bam Bam) was done by Bruce Dickinson, for example.

They also commissioned Lemmy to cover Enter Sandman but I don't recall ever seeing it on ECW TV.

smarxist posted:

i'm still trying to think of some jokes about TBS that have been relevant this decade and failing

they don't even do the Braves anymore apparently

I'm sure a Blues Brothers joke could be made.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

smarxist posted:

i'm still trying to think of some jokes about TBS that have been relevant this decade and failing

boomers are gonna be so pissed that there's less big bang theory reruns

that's all i got :shrug:

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
oh my god I just figured it out

TBS' biggest first run show is American Dad. Cody's going to come back from paternity leave right when AEW shifts to TBS, and will rebrand as "The American Dad" Cody Rhodes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Just realized DYNAMITE is a show on TNT

Wait until you realize what Large Paul's old ring name was meant to refer to.

heel turn posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaifetz_Arena

Regarding the TNT Championship, I think I read something this week that said Miro would be making his own changes to the TNT belt. I wonder if that's going to be a renaming of the title to something non-network specific. They've obviously known about this move to TBS for more than today, so I could see them using this as the way to clear that issue up.

The AEW World Television Title seems pretty likely. The old NWA TV title was pretty heavily associated with Dusty in the 80s, to the point they added the 'World' part to the name to hype it up as a comparable belt to the world title while he held it, so I can see Cody pulling hard for that.

NienNunb posted:

It is, in fact, the version Onita uses
I thought Onita used a cover that was inspired by that version?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

heel turn posted:

TBS' biggest first run show is American Dad. Cody's going to come back from paternity leave right when AEW shifts to TBS, and will rebrand as "The American Dad" Cody Rhodes.

I may have just thought of the lady who sings "American Dream" at the start of Dustys WWE theme, but she sings American Dad instead.

So thanks.

(Dusty's theme in WWE ruled, imo)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Looking forward to 205Live on E!, beginning August 13th.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

All this Major League talk is making me realize that Doc Gallows has some real Randy Quaid energy.

heel turn posted:

Ethan Page tries to pin Cody. The ref counts 1, 2...

Cody kips up and lands on his feet in front of the camera.

"GOOD MORNING, USAAAAA!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Keep the TNT Title, AND introduce a TBS Title, then do a annual "TNT vs TBS" series.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Keep the TNT Title, AND introduce a TBS Title, then do a annual "TNT vs TBS" series.

Do a TNT vs. TBS angle whenever Negative One is ready to wrestle.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

All this Major League talk is making me realize that Doc Gallows has some real Randy Quaid energy.

"GOOD MORNING, USAAAAA!"

The new member of the Pinnacle ... *whispers* Ricky Spanish

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1179474775380549632?s=20

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Rebrand it the TV Title and have someone do Regal's old gimmick of always hanging on to the belt by 15 minute draw

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Gavok posted:

"GOOD MORNING, USAAAAA!"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Miro's streams are fun, i like how he keeps it kayfabe-ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2t5ud7d3I

edit: god i hope Miro's wife hopping around screaming about becoming rich from crypto is a work of some kind because if not jesus christ

smarxist fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 19, 2021

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dark is just worth for the Ex and Taz podcast. How can someone diss a show that starts with:

"Hello everyone and welcome to another massive edition of AEW Dark I'm Excalibur joined as always by the human smiling machine Taz..."

smarxist posted:

I've watched a bunch of his streams and he is fun. More so now that he's full on rubbing the TNT tittle.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DeathChicken posted:

Rebrand it the TV Title and have someone do Regal's old gimmick of always hanging on to the belt by 15 minute draw

I've been watching late-90s WCW stuff lately and the TV Title has been super enjoyable to watch. It's great being reminded of how much focus WCW gave to their lower-card titles and how they made the matches a big deal which meant the crowds were loving wild for guys like Ultimo Dragon becoming a 2-time TV Champion.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PWInsider posted:

The word making the rounds is that between the switch to TBS, Rampage and the new quarterly specials on TNT, All Elite Wrestling is receiving in the area of an "eight figure payday" from WarnerMedia.

Internally within AEW, this is being seen as a positive and a way to increase the company's footprint on multiple networks and additional content to produce.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aew is potentially going to see enough money to pay for most or all of the music coming their way. four downstait appearances every single year

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

smarxist posted:

edit: god i hope Miro's wife hopping around screaming about becoming rich from crypto is a work of some kind because if not jesus christ
Danielle Moinet has been pushing a bunch of crypto poo poo on IG, so it wouldn't shock me if the WWE lady wrestler-slash-influencer crowd is getting into it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Last night on Dark Taz said Brit Baker had tried to convince him to invest in Dogecoin, and I believed it implicitly. Why wouldn't wrestlers get into Crypto?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wrestlers are not known for their critical thinking or long-term planning, the only shock here is they didn't get on crypto sooner

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

smarxist posted:

All these cable channels had established shows and brand identities a few years ago. USA with their interchangeable assortment of attractive people "blue sky" shows. TNT knowing "drama" and having multiple original cop shows. TBS focusing on comedy with stuff like Angie Tribecca and My Boys. Then all that stuff instantly evaporated. Most of the channels are just re-runs of syndicated stuff or movies all day. It really seems like the media companies pivoted to streaming and making their own services overnight, just dropping all that stuff flat

Looking at the schedules of Comedy Central, MTV, TBS, TNT, USA, etc is kind of shocking when you realize it's pretty much repeats of the same show all day long until a brief respite in primetime

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dark Taz would be an amazing character turn.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

All these cable channels had established shows and brand identities a few years ago. USA with their interchangeable assortment of attractive people "blue sky" shows. TNT knowing "drama" and having multiple original cop shows. TBS focusing on comedy with stuff like Angie Tribecca and My Boys. Then all that stuff instantly evaporated. Most of the channels are just re-runs of syndicated stuff or movies all day. It really seems like the media companies pivoted to streaming and making their own services overnight, just dropping all that stuff flat

Looking at the schedules of Comedy Central, MTV, TBS, TNT, USA, etc is kind of shocking when you realize it's pretty much repeats of the same show all day long until a brief respite in primetime

Exactly like cable in the 90s which is why WCW is back baby!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Every time I come across MTV in the channel guide it’s just a 23 Hr stream of Ridiculousness with maybe 1 other show.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tato posted:

i don't watch any TV anymore because it seems like it's not even a broadcast, just an endless barrage of streaming and regurging poo poo you pre-selected to record, or spear fishing for certain episodes you like

i'm sure it's all just as entertaining for people who uhh grew up with it? but yeah, i miss the channels having a broadcast, an identity/tone/aesthetic, you could plot out where the big sitcoms would go in syndication even based on it, it was a landscape that felt interesting to be invested into 10-20 hours a week. now it's just hunt and peck for content and hope the algorithms are generous with their bounty

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

imagining taz as akuma

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=919EY2qSVKY&t=498s It all comes full circle.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Destroy My Sweater posted:

imagining taz as akuma

Taz would like that much hair, yes.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

holy poo poo lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There's also Enterprise Center if TK really wants to shoot for the moon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just think of all the great new wrestlers Brandi can do Shot of Brandi with after she's had her baby. Brandi and Anthony Ogogo. Brandi and Abadon. Brandi and Platinum Max.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Just think of all the great new wrestlers Brandi can do Shot of Brandi with after she's had her baby. Brandi and Anthony Ogogo. Brandi and Abadon. Brandi and Platinum Max.

Brandi and Penta so he can taunt the baby and sacrifice Brandi's arm.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

Double post-baby Shot of Brandi with Renee will probably be like 45 minutes long and delightful.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Wrestlers are not known for their critical thinking or long-term planning, the only shock here is they didn't get on crypto sooner

You already explained it with the lack of critical thinking or long-term planning.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
AEW moving to TBS is TOTAL BULL poo poo!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1395123406362882051

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
BEEF BEEF BEEF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wild they’re going to do a draw this early in Miro’s reign.

Maybe this will be AEW’s first Best of 7 feud.