Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

munce posted:

Elizondo is now hinting there's going to be some kind of international disclosure type event in 3-4 months. We will see.

It's at around 49 minutes into the clip. Nothing much else new in there:
https://www.spreaker.com/user/spaced-out-radio/may-26-21-edging-towards-disclosure-with

That dude's a fraud, there's no evidence he's ever worked for the government and he spends most of his time self-promoting/coming up with truly out there batshit stuff.

That said, chalk me up as another person who is lapping all this stuff up regardless. My childhood self would be thrilled by all this new material. Thrilled and a little freaked out lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Still seems like a bit of a whacko judging by this, for instance

https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/nkrcyi/recent_elizondo_interviews_give_more_information/

https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/njm8ea/lue_just_confirmed_that_roswell_was_real_and_it/

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He's basically all but said that he saw some insane ufo poo poo as part of his role at AATIP but that he can't just come out and release it due to how he got the info, whether it's NDAs or security clearance or whatever. He's still a big US government natsec/intel guy after all, so instead he's trying to backdoor it by getting Congress poking around on national security grounds.

And the navy instantly confirming poo poo and giving Corbell videos would suggest he's got senior navy people on board too.

Remote viewing, though? Telepathy? Roswell?

EDIT like don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by these new reports and genuinely don't have a loving clue what's going on, and I don't doubt there are a lot more similar videos we'll get to see/hear as the months and years go on. But once you start saying that Bigfoot is part of the mystery or whatever I tend to think that you (in this case, Elizondo) aren't credible. Just like Bob Lazar and the rest of em, he seems to be going down the same old path of saying juuust enough to keep confirming all our selection biases without pinning himself down in public, while bollocking on about MJ12 or whatever to true believers.

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 14:04 on May 28, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

delonge was basically claiming (amongst other crazy zaniness) the answer to a hypothetical rhetorical question like "why does the government take the position of suffering instead of what's right?" is "to feed the monsters from the other dimension with your pain and misery." I think that is, uhghm, not great. not good at all in fact.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

Tom Delonge's UFO Timeline Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjUK5V5sTg

Tom Delonge's UFO Timeline Part 2: The Core Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn2h2phywNE

hosed up if true

if

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Everyone ITT seems to be freaking out right now

Chill, no-one knows anything, you don't have to just listen to kooks

I'm finding all of this fascinating, but (to put it lightly) there's no need to jump to the idea that we're all gonna get et by alien demons

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

i like the nebulous idea that there are other fields making up reality than EM, but they are non-interactive so we don't know they are there other than noticing things like unaccounted for mass, etc.

that is, non-interactive until you blow up a big ol' bomb :getin:

?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Chinese Lanterns

Alien (Grey variety)

Star of Nazareth

Alien (Reptilian variety)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

seriously though that last one gave me the good spooked feelings

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

truly ground breaking opinion. although, from what i've read and i could be wrong, it actually was until maybe the early 1980s when the taboo against saying so was lifted in academic circles. i'm unsure why saying aliens probaby exist far away toggled to OK at that time but all sources/books i've read seem to say so. before then, it was thought about/talked about a little but was still a fringe opinion. so that was 30/40 years ago now. perhaps we are time for another sea change and that's why its now becoming OK all of a sudden to say UFOs are probably alien robot probes and they are here. although, i feel something else has shifted that we aren't privy too. i think the supposed increase in UAP activity is one reason - but it still feels like we're missing something.

It seems kinda crazy to me that as recently as the 80s saying "maybe intelligent life evolved at least one other time somewhere among the trillions of stars" would get you tagged as a whacko, even though I know the debate about extraterrestrial life has been ping-ponging back and forth over the last century or so

but then again I'm a broke brained poster not a big brained scientist

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Log082 posted:

In semi-fairness, I don't think it was as clear then as it is now just how many planets exist out there that seem to fall into the range of what we consider life bearing planets. It's actually really exciting; even if UFOs are completely made up, there's enough close by that we could probably find life in another solar system if we tried, though it wouldn't be on an individual life timescale. It'd take something like a very scaled down version of the theory that UAPs are von Neuman probes, with us sending large robotic probes that would take decades or even centuries to arrive.

Of course, we could also just start working on our own von Neuman probes.

again I don't know enough to even be Not Even Wrong about this, but what was the thinking behind that? I know we didn't have evidence, but what was the thinking as to why other stars wouldn't have planets in the first place? Did we think that it was just way, way, way more common that most of the material in most stars' accretion disks wound up in the star and not forming into planets? Or did we think that sure, there were planets everywhere, but none of them were specifically likely to be life-bearing, for whatever reason?

I also don't understand statistics but 100,000,000,000 to 400,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy alone seems to suggest - to my ape like mind - that the chances of our being a one-off seems a lot less likely than life being a rare but still common enough occurrence.

Exo-planets are pretty cool though, even though I know the chances of communicating with another civilisation are absurdly small

or are they :tinfoil:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Log082 posted:

Right now we have a single data point, and can't say anything with complete certainty.

Yeah I figured it all came down to this in the end, and when it comes to actually doing science that's the only admissible evidence, but it still seems odd to me that people would be ostracised for speculating in the positive given *gestures at the skis*

anyway thanks that was interesting!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

valp posted:

I read the Law of One which is about a friendly alien god called Ra who helped build one of the pyramids and has all sorts of religious insight (the religious insight is actually really good regardless of whether Ra is real or not, at least in my opinion) as well as details on what's up with bigfoot, so I thought I'd talk to him. At that time I 100% believed this was real, only drug involved was a very small amount medical marijuana that I used daily and my own broken brain. I was raised in a religious household before ditching religion so I already had a ritual and various emotional associations with talking to god that I just adapted to this. I felt a weird heat and weight in my prefrontal cortex when I was sending thoughts upwards. Immediately after I finished I felt a sudden burst of heat and even greater weight inside my head, slightly further back and to the left. It was very localized, like a very discrete physical chunk of my brain suddenly turned into hot lead, and I have never, ever felt anything like it before. Extremely strong and impossible to mistake as being in any way normal or like anything I'd felt before, located right inside my brain. I felt a memory of a friendly smile.

Psychic aliens better be real, otherwise this is going to be an extremely awkward memory to carry around with me for the rest of my life.

What did Ra tell you?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What the gently caress thats amazing too

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33286021/

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

was it good?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

the beef and cheddar I mean

also I guess the rear end eating?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

These are all real good stories and for whatever reason the jelly one was particularly spine tingling even though it sounds stupid

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

This one is a Cloverfield

I seen it in a documentary

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

they're just covering it up

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Sun Ra rules

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Well I guess we'll all find out come aaiitee!!!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Lobstermen you credulous rubes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

lmao, easy to get confused

Aaiitee either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

pandy fackler posted:

This is my favorite explanation too, plus the theory that they're turning off our nukes because nuclear weapons affect everybody sharing the dimensional space and they don't want to get blown up just because we can't stop loving around

what's the mechanism for multi-dimensional nuclear blasts?

Chiral matter would be my first guess but I need to know from yuo

or some sort of lodge

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Werner Herzog rules

NDT drools

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

if you haven't seen Incident at Loch Ness then wtf are you doing here, go watch that

Herzog should do a UFO documentary, I'm serious

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

what’s sigma 2

As I understand it, it's

sigma balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Rah! posted:

*elizondo voice*

wait until this baby hits aitee miles per hour

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tekne posted:

things are definitely going bird shaped in the year of our alien lord 2021

inshallah

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

That deck video is dumb garbage horseshit from a horse's rear end but that chilean one is giving me all the good spooky feelings

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Cos they all roganites too?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if youre a thread regular and have not seen season three of twin peaks get on it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

endocriminologist posted:

According to the Ra Material, if these beings really are Orion entities, the Greys that talk to TAA are subordinates to higher-density beings of either Reptilian nature (5th-density) or some other type of Grey.
5th-density beings can see throughout and work within time-space (imagine space-time inverted, “3D of time, 1D of space), but have minimal interaction/ability to interact with our space-time. Thus, I would assume, they use the beings interacting with TAA as a “drone” of which they project consciousness into for proper space-time interaction.
Ra dives into this whole “drone” thing a little bit. They say whenever they showed up on Earth (around Egyptian times), they would construct (via thought-form) a body that feels and looks completely natural, in order to interact with us. They preferred not to appear to us in their actual body, referring to the process as more cumbersome and vulnerable than what is currently used instead.
Edit: Just take this beautiful and simple diagram, inverse the axis’, and bammo. Time-space.
https://imgur.com/gallery/4rcHF

I fn knew it

Well ok not exactly but I knew it was something like this!!

I need to call my stepdad

E sorry for the cuss

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

That Australian poo poo is the bird content I crave

Ross DaouThot posted:

sorry the vids broke my brain i watched the Zimbabwe school kids one again

chill, my man

Steady heart, steady mind, useful in every situation bar none

even bird related ones

edit or my woman, or my nonbinary friend, didn't mean to assume/be a dick

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 11:30 on Jul 5, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Sextro posted:

my witchy friends say uranus is gonna surprise us all on Thursday which is the aaiiteeth. it’s the day after the milk expires in my fridge, so checks out.

please use proper terminology

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Hey man it happens, don't worry

Take it easy and take care of yer heid, you didn't do any harm here

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I too followed a star!

The Daily Star!!!!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

We already know that birds have +4 resistance to photography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

Please remember the date in that random NyQuil drink middle schooler Reddit post has exactly as much provenance as any date in a scifi movie

those dates have significance too, that's what soft disclosure is all about after all