Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BeefThief posted:

Somehow aliens being real will make things worse for people who aren't disgustingly wealthy

take a look at the documentary They Live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WEH posted:

I've been hearing that disclosure is around the corner for so long that even this unprecedented poo poo doesnt move me much. On the other hand, if the relatively mundane (for the subject matter) and old footage coming out is enough to get the gears turning publicly I would bet that whatever hypothetical agency exists to compartmentalize this poo poo got properly freaked out by something changing in the last few years.

Or it's just running cover for something else lmao

the ufo disclosures were part of epstein's dead man's switch

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Someothing happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"the government is making up UFO stories to cover up that china beat us to antigravity" has a funny parallel to how the government actually ran a propaganda campaign that everyone who reported UFO sightings was an absolute crank and nobody should take it seriously because they wanted to suppress any thoughts whatsoever that the US wasn't in total control of its airspace

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WEH posted:

Not related to the quoted post, but especially on the coasts (but also inland) it's important to know that theres a bunch of work being done on high altitude spy balloons that usually show up on not paid off trackers like https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ but also are absolutely working without public transponders to some degree.

quote:

History Edit

Learn more
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it.
Established in 1956 to make high-altitude balloons, Raven was launched by a group of General Mills employees, including General Mills High Altitude Research division employee Ed Yost.[2][3] Yost claimed to pick Sioux Falls for its favorable wind conditions.[2]

haha what the gently caress??? general mills high altitude research division?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

quote:

Aeronautical Research Division and Electronics Division Edit
In 1946, General Mills established their Aeronautical Research Division with chief engineer Otto C. Winzen. This division developed high altitude balloons in conjunction with the United States Navy Office of Naval Research (ONR), such as the Skyhook balloon.[11]

The Aeronautical work of General Mills done around the time of the second World War is continued by the company Raven Industries in their Raven Aerostar department.[12]

The General Mills Electronics division developed the DSV Alvin submersible, which is notable for being used in investigating the wreck of Titanic among other deep-sea exploration missions.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Mills

what the gently caress?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

hearts, stars, and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons, unicorns, rainbows, and classified balloons

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MILLER: Boss, your objective is to infiltrate Cipher's research facilities and obtain their newest personnel extraction technology. It'll be essential in helping us rebuild Diamond Dogs.

OCELOT: Cipher is using a civillian food company as a cover. It's absolutely essential you aren't detected either by Cipher or any of the civilians that'll be on site.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think that means he was in american internment camps for germans not that he was a nazi posted at auschwitz

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BeefThief posted:

wouldn't it have been easier to just say the roni was a chinese bioweapon if the MIC wanted to turn up the heat?

yeah it would be crazy if the president had spent a year saying exactly that and half the country wholeheartedly believed it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chamale posted:

What? I read about it in The Mitrokhin Archive. It's generally credible, although a lot of the claims aren't corroborated since they're leaked KGB archives. Ancient Aliens would probably say that Roswell was an alien spaceship, that's their whole thing.

the show's called Ancient Aliens not Cold War Aliens moran

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

OK baizuo posted:

Here's what happened, op

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the reason the aliens are making themselves known now is because after the recent RIGGED STOLEN ELECTION they just can't keep quiet any longer

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

as a mormon, harry reid just wants a head start on finding out what kind of planet he can get

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"the government admits aliens are real but nobody notices because trump said something that day" was one of the best storylines of the trump presidency

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

of course there's life on venus, that's where women come from

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Maybe somebody shot an encapsulated tardigrade bullet to venus 140M years ago, I don't know what was going on then

actually what happened was that one of those things landed on earth 65M years ago and it burrowed to the core of the earth then directed human evolution to suit its own ends

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gravid Topiary posted:

:monocle: my god that's an even better explanation for the recent unsettling methane spikes that the climate thread was getting fussed up about. it's not the CH4 bubble under the siberian traps. what we're seeing is increased biological CH4 emissions from the Tardigrade-Alpha-Prime who's been snoozing at the earth's core, now that it has reached adulthood and is beginning to stir.

oh sure LRADICKAL might beg to disagree but loving 2001s you know.

the timeline doesn't line up though it's 22 years too late

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zokari posted:

so what is the logic of the "this is a psyop" argument

that all of these accounts of ufos were manufactured (even though some of these had been around for years and just didnt get mainsteam attention) or that these things are real events that the cia or whoever is just abusing to their own ends

they're doing it just to gently caress with us

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"black helicopters" was shorthand for batshit conspiracy theories during the clinton administration

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_helicopter

The black helicopter is a symbol of an alleged conspiratorial military takeover of the United States in the American militia movement, and has also been associated with UFOs,[1] especially in the UK,[2] men in black, and similar conspiracies.[4][2][5][6]

Overview Edit

Stories of black helicopters first appeared in the 1970s, and were linked to reports of cattle mutilation.[7][8] It is possible that the idea originated in Hal Lindsey's book The Late, Great Planet Earth, published in 1970 and popular among conspiracy theorists. Lindsey conjectured that the locust-like creatures referenced in the Book of Revelation in the New Testament were actually helicopters, which John had never seen and thus did not know how to describe.[9]

Media attention to black helicopters increased in February 1995, when first-term Republican northern Idaho Representative Helen Chenoweth charged that armed federal agents were landing black helicopters on Idaho ranchers' property to enforce the Endangered Species Act. "I have never seen them", Chenoweth said in an interview in The New York Times. "But enough people in my district have become concerned that I can't just ignore it. We do have some proof."[10]

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Think Less posted:

And seriously, what weapon could we possibly have that would be a match for aliens? Like, if you've mastered interstellar travel you can blow up a loving planet no problem, and we wouldn't even see it coming

viruses programmed on a powerbook that make a laughing skull pop up on your screen duh

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what about the loving alien alloys

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my theory for how jeff goldblum's virus worked is that it didn't actually break or shut down any of the aliens' computers its just that the laughing skull was so spooky they all were scared to death

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The cynic in me knows that you're just a god tier larper, the human in me is too loving dumb to not get suckered in. pls be real

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i am harry posted:

could a self-assembling self-replicating probe that communicates with copies of itself and some source via quantum entanglement project physical copies of itself ahead of itself, like by self-assembling and then harvesting energy and using that to propel a seed of a future self forward faster than it is currently moving, and proliferate throughout the universe, traveling and self-assembling along the cosmic currents we've observed moving entire groups of galaxies?

maybe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTRXOnbuJVM

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

If we're talking about fringe science, there is this Chinese lady who claimed to have invented gravity propulsion in the 80s, patented it, founded a company, and then left her university and vanished off the face of the Earth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ning_Li_(physicist)

Probably, she was just a fraud or deluded and did what frauds and deluded people do, which is just slink away and live in anonymity doing something else and it's just that nobody ever looks for them. Maybe she died. Or maybe things began to get very strange after that. Her job was at the University of Alabama, so I can see why someone would want to just walk away from that if they were not competitive for other physics jobs somewhere better.

I don't know poo poo about physics, so I don't know how good any of her stuff was, but there is this recent youtube video if anyone thinks it would be interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS_rEzKdzBA

just from the wikipedia page it says she was a professor at university of alabama huntsville which since huntsville is a nexus of a lot of aerospace and defense companies (eg it's where von braun and his team were set up after operation paperclip) i don't think is as bad a gig as it sounds

WEH posted:

I really recommend looking into the amount of energy needed for only one plasma ball matching the description and actions exhibited, much less the 16 or w/e actually present.

they invented free zero point vacuum energy but instead of using it to fly spaceships they use it to do fake spaceships

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

what if the lasers that make the plasma balls are on satellites

there that explains the puerto rico video as well

lame

i'm just gonna choose to believe that it's aliens

if it came from a satellite it's alien to earth

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

weather balloon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

no because if they did it wouldn't be unidentified dummy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the math really gets hairy once you start dealing with bofa particles

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah I don't really get how anything other than aliens matches the possibly enormous window of time people have seen these

you forgot time travel

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vomik posted:

I’m the fake references and footnotes to nonexistent reports

why would the DoD's alien AI reports be unclassified

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i've never turned in a report three weeks early either

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

What in god's name would the Chinese learn from flying over Arizona? That it's a giant, picturesque meth-house filled with the most insane white people who will have to migrate to Idaho in 10 years when it become uninhabitable? Then their military spending must be even stupider than ours.

it says the drone was spotted over a natural gas pipeline terminal and near an air force base

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what qualify as "evidence" that they were alien spacecraft? a signed letter from the aliens?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ok so the literal front page

i dunno why people would think they'd bury this one when the press has been pushing the ufo story hard and the nyt in particular since they were the ones who first broke it in 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is it being smothered? Are people taking for granted that the US government, if nothing else, has confirmed that there are physical objects that exist that completely defy all of our understanding of aviation?

it didn't get a lot of play for a while when the first byt story came out because it got drowned out by the latest trump thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

It's wild. The simplest explanation is that China or Russia has developed plasma and hologram tech decades, if not a century beyond what we have, and is using it to troll us. That by itself would be a revolution in physics that upends American military supremacy. The biggest story of the century even without aliens.

a more reasonable explanation imo is that the technology is in the hands of a more secretive group or person than china or russia. specifically, one jeffrey epstein, who is using the tictacs to monitor the world from his hidden lair at the bottom of the ocean