Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

So I was watching the Vickynomics panel, and I got thinking about the Opium Wars and the enforcement of access of markets in illicit goods. Any idea if drugs are going to be just a subsection of pharmaceuticals? I didn't play a lot of Vicky 2, how were the Opium Wars handled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Takanago posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM57wXqlK1E
new dev diary summary video, some new images and tidbits in there (Images here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-3-monthly-update-2-august.1485487/ )

🍆 Poor Laws

Ofaloaf!!!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Still lollin that Europa Universalis: The Board Game: The Video Game: The Board Game is a product you can buy now

Not yet, thanks to production delays in China. But Soon (TM).

Now the problem is to find at least two other nerds to play it with, all my friends have moved away.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm gonna jump in as Canada and fail miserably at getting independence from the empire. Gonna be fun.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Holy Britannian Empire

United American Empire

Imperial State of America

United American Kingdom

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Raenir Salazar posted:

This is why I legitimately think it could be a cool addition to Victoria 3 to eventually add in NGO's into the game, like Corporations to further flesh out not only the East India company but also expand upon the influence of large corporations like Exxon-Mobile, Krupp, Mitsubishi, and with modding support for the eventual modern day mods, Apple and Microsoft and Huawei and represent and simulate the ways these large corporations can influence domestic politics as a interest group in of themselves above and beyond just the mere monied interests.

ExxonMobil? I think you mean Standard Oil friend. The power Standard Oil had in contribution to American doctrine was ridiculous.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

The UK taking Hong Kong and Guizhou was very funny. Someone telegraphed the fleet to take Guangzhou and made a terrible mistake.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I really feel like journals that are going to time out should get a notification, or like, once you see a journal you can pin the ones you're going to work on or not, and when the journal triggers there should also be a bigger notification? Also when you can do decisions there should also be a notification? I don't want to go into that menu all the time.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

dead gay comedy forums posted:

journo pops lmao

I thought shopkeepers as a whole cover that class? Educated professionals and what not?

Are you claiming journos are petit boug and not intelligentsia? Because that's a very strange idea.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Honestly the Alaska purchase should be more dynamic for sure. Have a way for a Canadian state or a resurgent Mexico to buy it too.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I just want there to be William Lyon Mackenzie and Louis Riel as agitators. I notice there is an exile but no explicit execute option for agitators which definitely also happened.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

CapnAndy posted:

Does opium grow anywhere besides the westmost bits of Africa?

Afghanistan. Have fun playing The Great Game to get it.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Need a feature to ship, metrics to meet, investors to please, it worked in HoI4 etc are my guesses.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Gaius Marius posted:

Victoria 3 is a bad broken game that will never be fixed, Vicky II is a playable game with flaws. Don't waste your money

Nah Vicky 3 is fine

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Capfalcon posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/victoria-3-dev-diary-108-sphere-of-influence-and-1-7-overview.1630240/

New dev diary looks very ambitious, but man, that's some major enhancements. Capitalists owning things in other states feels pretty obvious in hindsight, but it's gonna be a big deal, I bet.

Nationalizing their stuff and having a Lobby form in the imperial core immediately to pull you into their Power Bloc and force a government change on you is going to be funny. I hope there's a message for what the chances are that a Foreign Lobby gets generated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

New Dev Diary

Updates on subject interaction, liberty desire, the ability to force a subject to form their own market away from yours if they're hurting the economy, better ability to impose law changes on subjects, etc.