Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

March of the Eagles 2 when?

many people are asking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

my favorite thing to do in vicky 2 was to unify german so my first game in v3 will probably be prussia and after that I will content myself by trying to do increasingly weird poo poo until I go back to forming germany.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

of all the insane features theyve shown so far, not being able to micro is surprisingly the one I'm most excited for.

if you want tactics though, I highly suggest buying the popular grand strategy game, Football Manager.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

victoria 3

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

baiting the AI into attacking you in mountains is half the fun of paradox combat

as always the truth about paradox combat comes out, it's not fun to play or engage with people just have fun when they win because winning is fun.

people have spent hundreds of hours working out every little dumb AI exploit to make the serotonin in their brain go off and have managed to convince themselves that the good part of the game is where I win and look cool.

in reality moving meta stacks around into the perfect spot at speed 1 while the AI walks back and forward in place is the worst part of every paradox game.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

gibraltar to mumbai.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

karmicknight posted:

If you want to be the forces of reaction in Victoria you are allowed either industrialization or elections, never both.

one dead jacobin is a tragedy, a million is a tuesday-this post made my itoh playing prussia gang.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Groogy posted:

https://twitter.com/SirVogelius/status/1465304544817164290

If any of you got requests but don't like twitter.

show me the gibraltar culture wheel, groog man.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

most train enthusiasts have better people skills than paradox players, tbf.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

can't wait to play victoria 3

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

DrSunshine posted:

Which countries are you guys excited to play when you get V3? In V2 I've never actually had an Ottoman run, so I'm eager to give that a try - the multiple crises and hardcoded things in V2 always kind of dissuaded me to give a go at restoring the declining empire, so I'm hoping for a neat challenge in V3. I'm also looking forward to Bavaria: some of my best, most interesting "rollercoaster"-like games in V2 were always as Bavaria, because you're a middle-rank power trying to stay afloat in between Austria-Hungary and Prussia, so it always gave a lot of interesting challenges.

I am very specifically going to be playing prussia or austria versus my nemesis in multiplayer.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

all hail blorg

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

very wise of them to cut off NI for pressing ceremonial reasons

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Tomn posted:

Been reading a history of China and I’m kinda curious - will base Vicky 3 be able to simulate the Qing imploding into warlords and revolutionary governments? It’s not a dealbreaker if it doesn’t, given that such events would be well at the end of a play through and have a good chance of not happening depending on how the game shook out, but I do wonder if the base systems can accommodate that kind of splintering (and attempted reunification).

there's been screenshots of exploded qing a the very least

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

game looks real good btw, im glad i was always right

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

THE BAR posted:

Even Vicky 2 had same nation coop multiplayer, I'm pretty sure.

my favourite example of this being a time I was doing so badly in mp as austria I demanded that the prussia player form grossdeutchland and we co-op'd and I did all the diplomacy and he did all the warfare.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

im just saying it's completely valid to enjoy victoria 2 combat but I do want to see you post a screenshot of you finishing a uk game if you want it for victoria 3

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

my favorite outrage would be if vicky 3 was too hard for reddit gamers and they claimed it was "artifical difficulty" that they cant walk back and forwards into calais and kent to wipe out millions of men

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the QA guy plays exactly like me so I appreciate it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i think the first major change to warfare will be adding little mans to the map since it does seem to be a sticking point for folks

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

ultimately I will accept any compromising of the american civil war now that I know you can play as new afrika.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

if mp works my first game will be prussia or austria

if it dosen't I'm actually quite interested in what playing as australia will be like

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i am excited to play victoria 3 with my friends.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

im glad we've gone full circle on the "impossible to play minor nations" thing all the way to "its literally impossible to lose in vicky 3" because of some highly edited videos by people who break these games for a living.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluN63A_Nhg mexico stream

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

I am excited to play vicky 3 with my friends

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

victoria 3

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

victoria 3

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

The Chad Jihad posted:

Hope game good

its good, OP

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

played an hour of vicky 3 before i had to work and its everything i wanted, spinning all the plates is really satisfying.

i am extremely happy.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So the game is decent?

Looks like the gamer brigade is real angry about the war system and how the game is super woke.

if you liked what you saw in the dev diaries you will probably enjoy it yes.

gamers being wrong and angry about it is to be expected.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

so is the game good or nah? i'm busy this week but i want to play on the weekend

the game is good if you like spinning plates and seeing number go up and down

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

There’s def a lot of cringy boot licking in here lmao.

perhaps post less with spudguns dick in your mouth, although it is very funny that you came in here initially to defend the vicky 2 n word guy and then bought the game anyway (which seems pretty cringy and bootlickery to me?)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Grand Fromage posted:

What determines how many of your provinces break away in a civil war? Is it random? I pissed the Shogunate off enough to rebel and they took away basically the entire country except my capital region so it was an unwinnable war.

it's wherever radicals are, if you hover over the radical icon at the top it shows you the map.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

we just finished up a 38-40 person MP game in mapgoons and it wasn't a total disaster?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Baronjutter posted:

I've never done multiplayer paradox game before. How does speed work? I'm constantly either paused or at max speed in paradox games. Is it like a vote system where the game goes as slow as the slowest player's setting? So if someone has something to do they can pause but if everyone wants to go fast they can go fast?

in all the games I've played in it's been speed 3 unless a massive war is happening.

you basically learn to roll with the punches or suffer.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The mediterranean architecture mod is the most important one. It will break your savegames

a small price to pay

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Canada has like 50 times the oil it had, it's disgusting

this removes my ability to feel human

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

on one hand rolling to 99% as prussia passing national guard feels really bad

otoh rolling the 20% chance to ban slavery as america feels real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Bold Robot posted:

What is blocking me from reaching this state then?

It's immediately adjacent to my existing colony and I have an interest in the region.

did you just place the interest? it takes a little time to lock in