Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Does anyone have a link to this fabled AzeriLP I keep hearing about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Gotta have my pops

Once you pop, the fun don't stop.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i think the question is not "should stellaris as is force you to automate ship design" but rather "should manual ship design have been an intended feature at all"

I think it was just added in because it's been a staple of the genre since alpha centauri. Or early, did MOO 1 or 2 have it?

Should it have been there? That's a much better question.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

That stream go me super excited....

To see a steam run by a decent streamer like quill18 or mordred viking. Wonder when those will start coming out.

No offense wiz, but three people talking over each other isn't the best streaming experience.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

I'm surprised they are still only doing dev streams and haven't let streamers get their hands on the game.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's my mandate, I'm supposed to have it!

With the new mandate, if you like your heaven you can keep it.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Well I'm immediately running Sweden into the ground. Any tips on how to balance construction industries?

Besides less then I have now...

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

RabidWeasel posted:

I'm not sure how the profitability is calculated but it feels like it's often best to ignore it and just try to produce things which are in short supply

I saw a dev on a stream say there was a bug right now. Apparently it only predicts based on the current price. Say your iron will get cheaper so you will lose money. But if your iron is cheaper your tool production is cheaper so you end up making money despite what the tool tip says

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

dead gay comedy forums posted:

just got the communist manifesto and now lets see big karl himself leading the unions in sweden

(jesus christ how many lumber mills do I need?)

Import that poo poo from Russia.

Well I’ve made it further then ever with out a collapse. I just made whatever what in shortest supply until it was below 30%.

Except now nothing is in critical shortage and the planner tells me every building I make will lose me money. But it’s been telling me that for everything the entire game so who knows. Should I just pick something to go ham on for export? I was thinking about getting some explosives and maybe starting a munitions factory.

How does one form Scandinavia? Is it a journal event? So I have to start by conquering everyone around me?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Is there a way to see pop employment totals? I have 50k radicals from unemployment and if I go to a building it tells me I have no peasants in any of my states. How can I tell what pops are available for a building where?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

I need to fix my standard of living, but I have no ide show.

I have a gently caress ton of radicals due to standard of living decline, but my standard of living averages are 13% for the lower strata, so I think that's pretty good.

How do I get these people back on side?

Not sure if it's related by my rural folk hate me at - 12 approval.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

I'm starting to hate this war system. I'm trying to fight Oman as Persian and I have a 4:1 numerical superiority in numbers and my general will only fight with equal or less numbers of battalions and has lost dozens of battles now.

Is there any way to make this not loving stupid?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Fray posted:

Do you need to promote that general?

He was may ruler and had 48 battalions under his command. He just wouldn't use them

Do provinces have size limits for fights tucked away somewhere? It was just a small costal territory.

Looking at a new game where they caved and didn't fight, it's not even its own province.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Traxis posted:

The way combat works is a general will be selected at random and then the number of troops will roll between 1 and the max they are commanding with additional reinforcements between 1-10. So 5 divisions of 20 would have a much lower average combat width than 2 with 50.

E: Forgot to mention there is also currently a bug that gives a larger penalty to the number of troops rolled by the attacker than intended:

It basically means that Oman is invincible. My 48 divisions will never field more then 3. So if they aren't cowed and give in during the diplomatic phaae, my much larger army can't win.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

That army numbers bug is just game breaking. Want to beat up a small nation? Nah, you are going to fight them on even terms. Sure you may eventually grind them to dust, but you are going to lose every battle.

Need to do a naval landing? Hahaha get hosed you are going to 1v1 duel them at a huge penalty.

I guess you just need overwhelming tech superiority so you can beat the defense advantage without numbers? I'm in the 1860s so it's not a trench warfare situation

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Does anyone have any tips on how to break the backs of the landlords? I've mostly industrialized and are down to about 10% clout, but I can't get them out of the government.

It's getting ridiculous. I switched to voting and a weird army and petite bourgeoisie party won. I went to reform the government to get the landlords out and it told me that the landlords wanted to join the winning party and I had to keep them in government.

Is it because I have a king that's in the landlord faction?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Have they fixed the combat division number bug yet? War is the most frustrating thing in the world. Trying to fight a war and fighting every single loving battle outnumbered is some bullshit.

I just got invaded by Portugal and their 15 divisions are unstoppable because my 100 divisions will only fight outnumbered. I guess I should just beeline mil techs to always have a tech advantage so I can win outnumbered?

It took me 10+ tries to do a naval landing on a random nobody with one army since I would only ever land 1 division.

Demon_Corsair fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 3, 2022

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

How can I tell why a province is in turmoil? It just says radicals.

The standard of living in that province is 20.7 VS the expected 8.6, so I don't think that's it.

Is there an easy way to see radical pops without opening up every drop down? I can see maybe 20k radical starving pops, but most are unemployed, so I don't know if that's it.

Why isn't this info obvious?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

I would say it’s a good launch for a paradox release and the bones are fabulous, but it will need a few patches and dlcs to really shine.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

How does one make any loving sense of the loving war system in this game?

I'm trying an Ethiopia run which involves a bunch of conquering, and it just seems completely random. Some attempts my 2x poo poo troops vs their poo poo troops just steam rolls them, and then I'll have to restart and the next game they just steam roll me.

Last time I was able to fight of 3 of my neighbors in one war, and this game one of those neighbors just rolled over me like I didn't even have an army.

How the gently caress do you manage any of this? Do you just hope and pray or have overwhelming tech?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Agean90 posted:

The system the game uses to determine how many divisions each side gets is super fucky imo. Without a screenshot what's probably happened is that they had a series of battles where they had more troops, and so bigger attack/defense numbers than you and the one where you steamrolled them you were probably closer to parity.

Not being able to use overwhelming numbers is a loving bizarre design choice. Nothing like having 2:1 numbers and multiple generals, but only fighting one battle at a time out numbered.

Is there a good mod to balance that?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Can I say that it's loving stupid that malaria is a hard cap on colonization when you come from a country that already has loving malaria.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Dirk the Average posted:

Yeah, it's kind of the same Paradox issue with most of their games - the great powers are far, far too happy to get into pointless wars and toss their entire economy into the dumpster for no personal gain. There really needs to be a mechanic whereby they can be called in on a very limited basis, perhaps with a smaller force limit depending on the existing participants.

This was always an issue I had with eu4 as well. I’m Spain and want to take a colony from England? Well I better have enough ships to take London because here is no such thing as a limited colonial war.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I feel like more options for a negotiated peace might alleviate this somewhat - most wars in the 19th century didn't end with a total victory for one side and being able to peace out by giving up some minor concessions in exchange for getting your primary war goal could be a good way to resolve wars before they drag on too far. Although this would also require that players be willing to accept less than total victory which is also a problem because players typically don't like to peace out without getting all their demands.

Something like this would be awesome in any paradox game. Right now it's pretty much all or nothing in all the games. It's a hard no on any demands until you get 100% then you get everything.

Hell, you have to be solidly winning to get a white peace most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Holy poo poo is laissez faire loving crippling me this game. I have no rubber or sulphur so my economy is completely imploding despite having the number 1 sulphur mine in the game. But the wages are $4 to low so gently caress my entire economy I guess.

Is there anyway to deal with wages at a factory being too low without subsidizing it?

During my last war the ammunition factory wasn’t paying well enough so I had critical shortages and I just had to end the war since I have no way to make the factory actually employ any one.

Is there a reason to switch away from interventionism?

E: I’m now having a rubber shortage, because what was once the 9 most productive rubber plantation just fired all its employees and have shut down. I also got lucky and found a sulphur import route because both my mines (I put one in a state full of peasants to see if it would go) have just completely shut down now

Demon_Corsair fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 31, 2023