Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
masai ujiri is the greatest toronto raptor of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
how is cp3 a mvp contender this year and kyle lowry wasn't last year

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
dame and the blazers deserve a chip but there's no way in hell they get to the conference finals let alone past it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

the voters are ideologically blind or corrupt

:hai:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the lob city theory of value

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i think most small market teams do a lot for their communities

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i almost believe in the bucks this year. almost.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
as funny as it would have been for the bucks if giannis had left because their FO seems fairly incompetent it's good when small market teams keep their superstars

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
as much as I enjoy watching the celtics lose and squander an incredibly talented roster it would be funny if they beat the nets

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Middleton slightly disproving his playoff fraudulence.

Jrue Holiday has been a difference maker for the Bucks though, a great upgrade from Bledsoe.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 22, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i see playoff P has once again emerged

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

Madden loving sucks now because it's just a fantasy league simulator they don't even do anything for the franchise mode it's actively gotten worse because they just take poo poo out and dumb it down.

nba 2k has become a nightmare of microtransactions and influencer...influenced content. just constant money extraction cloaked with the trappings of the basketball game that everyone hates but is beyond successful for investors

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the problem is whether or not embiid can last more than two playoff rounds

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

curry smashed okc, which had peak durant, after being down 3-1 and durant's clutch performance was so bad that he joined gsw out of shame

gsw was in shambles against toronto. kevon looney and injured demarcus cousins were their second best players at times because iggy/green were often completely useless offensively and klay kept rotating in and out of the lineup, plus they were absolutely shattered by the size of toronto with gasol/siakam/ibaka/leonard down low. curry essentially had to bail them out

the defense on that raptors team was something else. that 26-3 run in game 6 against the bucks was ectasy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/nateduncannba/status/1396574091780399104?s=21

was not expecting this

are they playing Harrell too much ?

free Marc Gasol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Judakel posted:

some of the biggest anti semites are zionists so this makes a lot of sense

https://twitter.com/zainroon/status/1395217005876240385

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Fortaleza posted:

After the warriors blew that 3-1 lead in the finals I was walking through a rich part of SF and there was a fancy car with a vanity plate that said "DUBS B2B" lol nnnnnope

we going bonkers

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
utah has 2018 raptors feel to it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

what happened that year I forget

did they get turbo stomped by lebron

went 6 games against the 8 seed wizards and then got swept by lebron yeah

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

leonard so casual he just casually put up 41 points on crazy efficiency but it didn't matter because the clippers are a cursed franchise. down 2-0 at home after they literally tanked to play dallas

it was a true Coward's Tank, and they deserve getting trounced by bobby yaga

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
so do the mavericks cool down from 3 and the clippers steal one away or have they already been psychically defeated

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the suns didn't draft kawhi because he sweat too much, so no franchise is without sin really

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

how rude

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
portland finally got playoff powell. Norm's good at more than just standing in the corner and shooting or cutting, glad they're using him a bit more.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the celtics losing is fun, but them somehow coming back and beating the nets is funny so now I have to go with that

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

Westbrook not even top 10 right now. Curry/Conley/Kyrie/Murray/Lillard/Simmons/CP3/Holiday/Morant/Fox/Young/Lavine/Doncic/LaMelo/healthy Kemba are all better

I keep coming up with new ones who can actually shoot and having to edit

lowry's better than conley

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
man embiid's body catches all the breaks.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
bodanovic crushing the bucks because the bucks FO couldn't remember how to trade for a player in the NBA would be really funny

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's hard to hate kawhi when he just does what he wants and doesn't care too much about his star power or whatever. it's clear there's nothing toronto could have done to get him to stay and that's cool, the championship and the parade is the happiest that city is ever going to be considering the state of the leafs

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Reality Protester posted:

does Toronto still have that ginger guy who takes the metro to the stadium? probably not, that was a long time ago.

nope, but the team is still incredibly lovable. true friendship ball through and through.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

The raptors won a title wtf?

the true power of Friendship Ball revealed

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

I only pay attention to basketball in the playoffs

What in the unholy gently caress happened in the offseason?

Why was this even allowed?

to be fair boston helped them by trading kyrie.

i thought the bucks had a shot but jesus christ they're getting stomped with harden out

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Squinky v2.0 posted:

kyrie was a free agent

do you mean Houston and harden?

no I completely forgot and thought they had traded kyrie, whoops

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

a new study bible! posted:

You'll know in the first five minutes.

Well,

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
philly fans chanting "MVP" when Embiid has the ball, but they're incorrect, the MVP is Jokic

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it would be disheartening for the bucks to put together what feels like a really good roster and just get completely crushed by the nets on their way to the finals.

but the problems with bud's coaching have been apparent since the 2019 playoffs. and to think he declined toronto's job offer that offseason so they went with nurse instead. bullet dodged.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I dunno I think holiday was still an upgrade over brogdon. loving up the Bogdanovic trade was very funny though

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I mean the Raptors were in this situation as well and pulled off the Canadian sweep, so anything's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
jesus christ 80-83 this is horrific