Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

haha the warriors got owned

That was very funny and I laughed hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

what is your reasoning for jokic being mvp . there are lots of guys more valuable than him ?

agree Embiid missing time knocks him down a bit but he’s clearly more
valuable than jokic

Personally as a Blazers guy I want Jokic as MVP as long as blazers win the series because that’ll just make the Denver salt all that much saltier

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

San Antonio is at the end of an era . they need a new front office and we will see.

It was a hell of a run though. Nothing last forever and a lot of teams would love to have half that run

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Soap Scum posted:

my primary complaint with steph curry is that i feel like his personality was manufactured by a Disney focus group

I like his brother more even if he’s not as good

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Reality Protester posted:

those are basketball players

People started calling basketball players goats after the similarity between a fouled player and a fainting goat

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

what games are happening tonight

Blazers hopefully making up for Monday night

I guess suns/lakers too

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Love the blazers but drat sometimes feels like Dame is wasted on this team

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’d hurt real bad to see him go but at this point idk if I’d be able to hold it against him

Watching CJ squander an all time performance just stings

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShakerSamman/status/1399942429604651009

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Boy the whole fire Stotts turning out to be a monkey paw wish isn’t it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

This is giving me all the same bad feelings I had when South Carolina hired Muschamp - not for any of the same reasons really just the sense that if this is the best you can do then the next few years are going to be a slow moving train wreck of disappointment

Hope I’m wrong :(

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

It makes sense if Portland is willing to start a rebuild rather than trying to make another playoff run, but there's no conceivable Dame trade that leaves Portland as good as they are now. There's just no replacing a player like him.

That said, Simmons is still very young and if he's able to get himself right and just play at the level he's already played at, he can still be a long term piece. Getting Simmons and a pick or another young player, even if not a particularly good pick or player, could at least play out well for them long term.

The problem for the blazers is that Dame is starting to make noise like he might want out

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Blazers for lyfe and all but I wouldn’t be able to hold it against him if he did go, especially with the way they’ve mishandled the coach hire but just in general, he’s been a joy to root for and if he wants a ring I don’t blame him

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Wtf happened to lillard over the summer?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Seriously. Wtf is wrong with lillard. He doesn’t look hurt.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dreylad posted:

I don't think he would be allowed to play if he weren't vaxxed, as per the Kyrie situation.

mysterious basketball statistics

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/1457453952929132545

I thought that had to do with a NYC ordinance and not an NBA wide thing? I remember them mentioning it did apply to visiting teams

Edit: I meant didn’t and not did there

HashtagGirlboss fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 9, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Remember when he got the Canadians to promise not to deport him to turkey if he played a game in Toronto?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

i'd rather be in a suburb of mexico than anywhere near dallas

I believe (but refuse to confirm) that San Antonio is closer to the border than to Dallas

Nice town actually, I was there a few years ago and even saw a spurs game when they were still real good and I was still big mad at Lamarcus Aldridge for bailing on Portland to go there but it never worked out for him anyway so the world moves on

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

that's what i meant. san antonio is a town a person can live in and dallas is hell

is being an rear end in a top hat how a kid rebels against his dad when his dad is a chill stoner

Lmao yeah I completely misread your post but yeah San Antonio is one of the better parts of Texas, I like it way more than Houston, Dallas, or Austin

HashtagGirlboss fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 21, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

i love what must be a tense conversation in the blazers front office right now, where after using their draft picks for years to unsuccessfully make a deep playoff run, they're gonna trade what is probably 3 years of first round picks for a point who can't shoot a loving 3. like, he'd be worth it for cj and whatever else they need to make the salaries work and maybe toss in a 1st and a 2nd because you're good like that but eh oh el at mortgaging the farm for ben loving simmons

I don’t know, if they can make it work I say go for it. It’s clear the team as currently constructed around Lillard/McCollum isnt ever going to get it done. Take a chance. If it doesn’t work and Lillard wants out then so be it, I’ll always be grateful for what he’s done for this team and this city. Not sure how much of a future they have here anyway, idk, I keep expecting Jody Allen to sell to somebody who will relocate them but I’m an eternal pessimist

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

Holy poo poo his name is really Enes Freedom now

I thought that was a stupid joke

Can’t play Freedom

Penis Freedom

He broke them :(

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

it was clear Dame was hurt in the Olympics and would need surgery. imho

Yeah without him the blazers are just anemic and it’s sad but that’s Portland just a consistently disappointing team to follow always let you down imo the high water mark was going to the WC finals in 2019 then blowing two huge halftime leads in a row at golden state on the way to getting swept

I’ve read a couple places that they’re not even sure the surgery will help with his particular condition so that’s fun too

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Maybe. I’m not gonna argue that point. But the point remains I think it’s the high water mark of this blazers era and that makes me sad

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

Dame is right about at that point where some guys just can't come back from an injury no matter how much treatment they get. Guys like Kevin Durant are the exception, not the rule.

Yeah it’s true. Not sure what he’ll look like when he comes back. He’s been a hell of a player and always fun to have around so the future will be what it’ll be but would have liked another year or two watching him at his peak

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

I honestly don’t think the narrative would be significantly different

Not only would it not be significantly different, every time he made a mistake or had a cold streak would be written off as bad faith sandbagging

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

vyelkin posted:

lmao at this page

It’s hard to have too much sympathy for a guy with more money than I’ll ever see but also just imagine taking the side of management/ownership not just letting a player leave lmao

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

yeah definitely not siding with management, they're fine regardless. what i don't like is how it fucks with his teammates

Idk he doesn’t want to play with them and they don’t seem like they want to play with him. At this point it’s just better for everyone except the sixers front office if they let him go and stop trying to get perfect value for the trade

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

you could argue that sure

he doesn’t have to play with them as evidence by his currently not playing with them

Yeah but my point is how is he loving over teammates that dont seem like they want him around anyway. Really the management needs to just get over it in my opinion and figure out a way out. They could get a trade that would be acceptable if they really wanted to and they were willing to take a haircut on the perceived trade value

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

because he’s taking up a roster spot and cap space

The solution to that is right there if the sixers are willing to trade him for less than they insist he’s worth

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1489681792881860620

Portland climbing the power ranking ladder for terrible management

https://mobile.twitter.com/jphanned/status/1489684893491613697

Dreylad posted:

this thread is now a safe space for blazers fans, all five of them that are left

It’s what I deserve for running my mouth about the sixers this morning

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

I guess they are keeping dame and putting younger dudes around him

We’ll see if that’s just what they’re saying or what they’re actually doing. But the team as constructed was never going to do it. I like CJ but we saw the Dame/CJ combo reach it’s full potential in 2019 and it clearly wasn’t good enough so idk I’m taking a wait and see what happens over the summer but at some point it was time to move on

You can’t be paying teo undersized guards that don’t play defense 2/3 of the salary cap. I like cj and he seems like a good dude. But you gotta have all-star level forwards and we couldnt afford any while paying cj that much money.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

if they wanted to compete with lillard and a younger supporting cast they should have traded for young guys who can contribute in lillard's window imo. instead it looks a lot like they traded for picks and cap space, which is what a team does when they're blowing the whole thing up

I agree that blowing it up is the more likely scenario but if they are trying to build something new that’s gonna require getting a big name over the summer which lmao blazers and big name free agents historically very dire

I haven’t even looked who are the big name FAs gonna be this year?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Parity warning posted:

i love my blazers and want to hug and kiss them. alright peace

It’s very nice to see them win a few in a row although it’s a dead season really so the wisest decision is to just yank but gently caress doing the wise thing seeing wins is more fun

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah Montana just entirely out in left field lmao and don’t sleep on the inexplicable Yao Ming fans rocking Charlotte jerseys

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

These kinds of lists always either have a recency bias or they over correct and just pick players/songs/movies/whatever that are so old as to be irrelevant

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Winning an unimportant game and losing your fragile best player in the process

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

Boston sports fans deserve less and as long as Isaiah is still looking for a job in the league I hope the worst for the team

The problem with Boston fans is they think they deserve good things instead of continuous abject humiliation and disappointment. It’s a common disease really so I don’t judge too hard

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah that's called being a whiner

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I thought they changed the foul rule but I guess I didn’t read closet enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dreylad posted:

there should be a tournament for the lottery picks this year between all the low seeded teams

Highest pick to the first round loser with the lowest overall score would be hilarious