Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

EoinCannon posted:

It lives on in neighbourhoods with narrow streets and on street parking

Can confirm, and that the high beam flick warning is also alive and well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXYQwWgBDWI/?utm_medium=copy_link

I suck at videos and don't know how to thumbnail it, sorry :(

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Went up to qld for holidays, met this fine specimen just kicking back outside our hotel room
:krad:

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Can confirm they're functional, his missus was loitering nearby with a joey poking out of her pouch having a nibble of the grass :3:

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Beautiful.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Aaaaa I love those possums. They're so cute :3:

There's a baby currawong that has fledged from a nest in one of the trees in my backyard. The parents are quite vocal and land on the deck for a drink but I'm yet to get a decent picture of the baby.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

I'm showing my age here, but back when I was a youngin I used to work in Telstra's customer support call centre, taking incoming calls from people reporting that their landline or payphone was faulty. The call centre was open 24/7, 365 days a year. I did that role for close to 3 years and the only time the calls ever stopped dropping in during business hours was during the cup. You'd get 15 or so minutes of quiet, blissful, customer free time then as soon as it was over the phones would be ringing off the hook again.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Hahahaha, whenever I got the occasional "I'm a Telstra shareholder and I shouldn't have to be kept waiting 3 business days for a technician to come fix my busted phone line" caller I'd tell them that if Telstra were to improve technician wait times, we'd need to hire more staff which would cut into profits and accordingly reduce their share value and they'd shut the hell up real fast.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

For a second I thought that was a photo of Super Hubert. Who is apparently still going strong and doing birthday parties, bless his skinny heart

bee
Dec 17, 2008

I had never heard about the Tasman bridge one either until I went to Tasmania and the person on the ferry announcing the landmarks on the way to MONA pointed it out and spoke about it briefly. Really sad stuff :(

bee
Dec 17, 2008

I was living about 30kms outside of Newcastle city when the earthquake hit. The whole house shook and there was this low, long rumbling noise. I was only about 7 at the time so I just sat there looking out the window not understanding what was going on. Our house was fine, we were far enough out of town that nothing was damaged. But my grandma who did live in Newcastle was in the worker's club playing bingo, she was evacuated just minutes before the entire place caved in on itself.

The best story I've heard about the earthquake involves the old hospital in newy that used to be right up next to the beach. When the quake hit, they evacuated it and the muster point was literally on the beach so a non zero amount of anethethatised people woke up later on their gurneys looking at the ocean instead of the hospital ceiling and thought they'd died during surgery.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Jestery posted:

Are those Fetta stuffed capsicums any good?

I quite like them, the ones from woolies are usually sweet.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah people going bonkers about finding beetle larvae in their pot plants need to chill the gently caress out :(

bee
Dec 17, 2008

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Reading that made me feel sick. I can't possibly imagine how sickening and traumatic it might feel for his victims to hear all the media praise going on at the moment.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Most depressing pokie story I know is from the guy teaching the RCG course I did. A woman playing next to him wins some link jackpot of $250K and doesn't react at all, the guy is all "hey don't you see you just won a fuckton of money?!" and the woman replies "so what, I'm still in the red".

bee
Dec 17, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

I went bowling and then to clubs with Ryhs Muldoon. He was a very strange guy

One of my friends painted his portrait a few years back for the Archibald. Confirmed he's a very strange dude.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The Bunnings app has ruined every other store's online presence.

Bunnings - okay, it's aisle 53, bay 7. If it's in low stock in your selected store, would you like to see stock levels for that item in the nearest ten other stores?

Every other store - maybe we stock it, maybe we don't. Not gonna tell you poo poo, oval office.

Pretty sure IKEA's app does this. Their website definitely does.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Lolie posted:

We had to do it at Monday morning assembly when I was a little tyke. I have no idea why it was only on Monday.

At my primary school we had to salute it every bloody morning, right after singing the national anthem. It was tedious.

BrigadierSensible posted:

And if you have alittle kid and are subjected to the morass of candy coloured mediocrity that is young childrens TV, then Bluey is a breath of fresh air. A breath of fresh air where the dad is voiced by a 90s Queensland Indie Rocker.

It's partially this, children's tv is mostly mindless flashing drivel generated to sell toys so when you get a show that's got some thought put into it, it stands out. I asked my almost ten year old why she likes it and she said that "both the main characters are girls, and they're just having heaps of fun all the time".

It's also super relatable but nuanced for the adults watching it, it touches on serious topics like death and infertility in ways that won't be obvious at all to kids but don't take any enjoyment or fun out of the episodes. There's heaps of gen x nostalgia and jokes. I mean, how can you not love a show that uses a trip to Bunnings as a plotline?

bee
Dec 17, 2008

What the gently caress is wrong with people

bee
Dec 17, 2008

These baby devils are 5 months old. Once they're older they'll be released into the NSW conservation area managed by Aussie Ark. At the moment, there is too high of a chance for them to catch devil facial tumours and die if they were to be released into Tasmania :(

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah I was talking to the people from the local wildlife rescue today and they were saying that if you see a wombat out during the day it's not good. Apparently it's a sign they've got mange, because it makes their fur fall out and they get cold, so they have to go out into the sun to warm up :(

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Crumbled feta in a lamb kebab would be pretty good I reckon

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Some real dumb cunts in this town

bee
Dec 17, 2008

They're SO AUSTRALIAN in their Korean car. Also the photo was taken at a native plant giveaway, just for extra irony.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

"The Girvan Estate sits between Bulahdelah and Stroud, near Nelson Bay in NSW."

This building is nowhere near Nelson Bay :confused:

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Ahh yes how silly of me, I forgot that Newcastle is actually just north of Sydney

bee
Dec 17, 2008

ili posted:

Jeez the intro looks pretty different as an adult hey. Never noticed them watching it as a young tacker.

Same here, although now it is obvious to me why my Dad liked that show so much

bee
Dec 17, 2008

I was delighted to discover today that these still exist!

They also had the ones with the jellies in the middle. Sadly not in that cool foil bag but they'll do.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Yep, little kiosk/counter kinda things. I have fond memories of my Nanna taking me to the one in the food court of David Jones and letting me pick a few out. Walking into the place you could find your way to the Cookie man with your eyes shut, it smelt so loving good!

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I miss when the David Jones in Melbourne had a pick-and-mix lollies place :sigh:.

The David Jones I'm thinking about that had the cookie man in the food court also had one of those lolly parts. You could get those little jelly babies that were dusted with icing sugar and they were magical :)

bee
Dec 17, 2008

AusGoons posted:

Diabeetus fuel

Thanks heaps! Love me some nostalgia calories.

Speaking of sugary delights, I'm headed down to Sydney this weekend and I'm looking forward to bringing a few jars of this back with me. For some reason they only stock it in particular stores, none of which are close to me. It's probably for the best, I'd make myself sick eating it all the time otherwise.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

I for one welcome our turkey overlords

bee
Dec 17, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

I remember another wild case where a dude was charged with smuggling heroin from China to Sydney and he had a pretty undisprovable defensive of "i got no idea how that poo poo got there someone stooged my rear end", but the language in the law accidentally omits "knowingly" from smuggling when it comes to heroin. You can accidentally smuggle anything else, but he got life in prison

Mate of mine got caught trying to smuggle from Hong Kong to Qld, did not pretend he didn't know it was there, got a 13 year sentence and made parole after five and a half. Life sentence seems full on, I would assume the dude who got life might have had a bit of a track record with other shady poo poo. Or he tried to smuggle an absolute fuckton of h.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

My childhood home had a fireplace, my Dad got rid of it in the early 90's because he got sick of chopping wood for it. Maybe that's the cause of the Copperart demise, people just got sick of having to deal with fireplaces and didn't need those pokey stick things anymore

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Ours was the enclosed combustion type with a little glass door on the front. I remember that it did a pretty decent job of warming up the house. You'd assume an enclosed fire would be more safe but my earliest memory is doing a forward roll in front of it, misjudging the distance and putting both my feet clean through the glass. It was summer at the time so I didn't burn myself and somehow didn't slide up my feet but my mum did slap the poo poo out of me for breaking it.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

What are you cunts doing for 'Straya day?

I woke up to extreme fire danger and heatwave alerts on my phone. The BOM says it's gonna be 42 here so today will be spent staying in the aircon, but going out occasionally to top up the birdbaths.

Gonna put together a new bed for lil bee and try to mentally psych myself up to return to work next year UGH

bee
Dec 17, 2008

https://www.theiconic.com.au/speed-dealers-escape-briefs-2036067.html

:raise:

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

ooooh forfeited

I first read the post/article as "fortified" and got really confused, like what has this dickhead done to his car, is it armoured or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fourex makes a lot more sense when you realise it's primarily drank in the hottest most humid parts of the country.

Come to think of it, the only place I've seen xxxx being drunk by everyone in the pub was in central Qld, so maybe this tracks