Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oz has those damned things too?

Yeah, Canberra has heaps too . So the cum smell isn't just in the prayer room at parliament house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Well someone has shares in antihistamines production.

But yeah hypo-allergenic dogs like poodles make a type of dog wool. So you technically could.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Carnivorous. It thirsts for flesh.

Always love when the cute little creatures have blood lust. Go you little thing!

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Inceltown posted:

Glad you noticed I'm losing weight.

We're a supportive bunch here.

Provided you have no stairs in your house.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Just came across some pictures from Pyrmont, Sydney from 1987.

Pyrmont was full of derelict buildings, slums and state housing at the time, left to rot as the docks stopped being financially viable.

Absolutely mental that Pyrmont is now Million Dollar plus apartments now. Northern beaches used to be like that too, was the crappy surfie houses area (though still nice) and now über rich Only areas.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

webmeister posted:

A lot of Sydney is like this, to be honest. I did the headland walk south of Cronulla a couple of weeks back and it’s astounding to see untouched 50s red brick bungalows sitting alongside the $10m+ movie set mansions.

Pyrmont doesn’t surprise me at all to be honest. It’s prime harbourfront land with incredible views and really close to the city. I actually lived on Point Street about 10 years back so I know the area pretty well, and there’s still little pockets of those dodgy old terrace houses, though in much better condition than those photos!

Anyone interested in this kind of “old photography” stuff should check out the Police & Justice Museum near circular quay. They have a big exhibition of old crime scene photos (late 19th and early 20th century), and there’s so many great little slices of life like that. A lot of the “metadata” around the photos has been lost, so you can kind of speculate where things are taking place and why.

North shore too. Used to be isolated pockets of suburbs that were the Richies, Gordon, pymble Turramurra etc. The low income Boonies used to be North of Hornsby and that's all million bucks a pop now.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

No gape or ring 4/10

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
2024/25 Fire season is gonna be real bad.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Vladimir Poutine posted:

That honestly seems way past the point where it becomes too dire to bother with

That's pretty dire indeed. A tiny patch of it. I wonder if there is a no refunds on ski tickets/passes. Was bad even in August and that's meant to the best time to go.

I'd just ditch the ski gear and go hiking or hang out at the lake in Jindy.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Meth, Goonbag and Durries! Dinners ready!

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Not surprised Antarctic scientists are freaking out. The ice also acts as a mirror to reflect the sunlight, less ice, less reflection, more heat, warmer sea, which means less ice and more heat and round it goes.

All good 'this is fine on fire.jpg'

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Inceltown posted:

Reckon I could pick her out of a line up despite never having met her.

Pick? Could probably guess them by the smell of cheap weed chop and BO

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Blow posted:

"The coastline of Nelson Bay and Hawks Nest can be seen from the house."

I reckon 50 Kms is a quite a distance for water views.

Ocean views, tack on another 300k to the sale price.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Blow posted:

The township of Girvan is at an altitude of about 92 metres above sea level. Tack on 30 metres for the height of the building.

The curvature of the Earth means you could see about 42 km.

50 km inland would be quite a stretch by my calculations.

:science:

Well someone isn't going for that promotion in their real estate agency! Don't you want to lease another Mercedes for home inspections? How will you afford your next tarocash suit for the next auction?

(huge gobs of sarcasm BTW)

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Wow yeah I don't remember that many wet tshirts intro at all.

Do remember the theme park though.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The 70s and 80s were a whole other universe. I remember finding the first episode of the Goodies on youtube once and, five minutes in, tits.

Let's not even get into poo poo like H.R. Puffnstuff and that loving flute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhthxRiR94&t=34s

British TV in the 70's and 80's was always doing the tits out thing. Benny Hill, even Monty python, hell didn't the sun newspaper or something have Page 3 girls so you got some nice tits while reading the paper?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Elissimpark posted:

Now that People and the Picture are defunct, much rich Australian slang such as "norks" and "gash" will vanish from our vocabularies.

The Bogan community shall look after them well and preserve them for future generations. Or have they abandoned those terms too?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
I just searched up Aussie slang for the various bits and I swear most are British or American

Twig and berries nah.. Jugs is America.

We have no identity! How can we call ourselves Aussie with no words for genitals!

Map of tassie isn't really relevant anymore either.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
... 'Smoo' that unlocked a memory.

Usually had spoodge in my smoo as part of the editorial.

Front bum was another. Muff for the ladies of the 80's

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

this is 'norks' erasure

We have norks. At least we have one.

We are indeed the lucky country.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Oh yeah, Melbourne cup today isn't it.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Should make a Melbourne teacup for all the super small dogs.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jestery posted:

What about growl out

Needs a brazzers logo I think.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Visited Sydney a short while back and first time in many years.

Where the gently caress did all those bush turkeys come from? Everywhere around Sydney they are just hanging out.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Should be a Muff turkey then.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Agreed. Needs to be base of neck and ratty as gently caress to be a proper mullet.

Also needs a southern Cross tat visible at all times.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Was surprised to see that TAB doesn't offer bets on the next interest rate rise.

Maybe it's too easy a bet for them to lose when it gets jacked up again?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Shouldn't have messed with Pooh's honey Cartel.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Here's hoping it peters out if it hits landfall. That's a monster.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Catholicism has a great one with confession.

Be bad? Confess, all good now bro.

Religions have so many loop holes it cracks me up. Humans always find our ways around those rules.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Yeah we had a thunderstorm roll through which has taken a few degrees off the Max. Instead of it being 35/38 forecast its only 31 so far.

Though arvo is when we usually get hit with Max temps

Edit. What's the image host to use these days? Got a cracker of shot last bight with lightening.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Here's that lightening strike from last night

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Woolies might raises prices 'due to supply chain disruptions'

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Final shot of the ad is just a bunch of empty tins washing down the rapids.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Those look like freshies no worries

Reminds me of a video I saw yonks ago about a kid swimming in a lagoon up north somewhere, freaking the gently caress out cause they see a croc, from behind the camera you hear the mum say 'it's just a freshie'

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
What's worse, koalas grunting or the possums trying to get their sexy time on. Both sound demonic.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
I mean fits well with the double cliche of inbred Tasmania and inbred royals.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Some amazing mullets in town for summernats

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
130 in a 60 zone. Faaark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh they changed it hard and fast