Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

What is a gronk????? Is that like a Florida Man?

All Australians are Florida man. All.

Gronk translates to something like deadshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Whorelord posted:

a friend of mine went backpacking in australia and spent 8 weeks in wollongong for some reason, probably because he thought the name sounded funny

he doesn't talk about what happened there other than that he called some american guy a ginger oval office for stealing his kebab or something and was later attacked by said ginger oval office, which ended up with both of them going to hospital.

wollongong sounds like a city of dreams

It takes time to fully immerse yourself in the local culture. Your friend lived like a local - even if only for a few weeks.

Wollongong has nice beaches. So does everywhere on the coast but you've got to pick somewhere eventually.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Suplex that pig

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Crab Riders

That's right, Frankston has it all.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Blueballs posted:

Seppos are unable to handle musk sticks. They almost universally complain that they taste of perfume.

They do taste like perfume but you should have grown up with them in the lolly bag sold by the tuck shop at the sports oval and thus have a fond memory of those pink atrocities.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You know, I didn't think it was possible to get more rednecky than the USA, but doggone it if Australia isn't doing their damnedest to prove me wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns15eHLDv1I

Go gently caress yourself I'm not doing your work for you

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

this lead me down a path in which i learned that some australians call them "bush chooks"

We have bush chooks, bush turkeys, bin chickens. Australia has it all.

It should be noted that Cosmic Psychos saw someone wearing one of their shirts at a Nazi rally and told them to gently caress off, destroy the shirt and never come to a gig again. They're ok.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Flannelette posted:

Drunk ones just fall over and look scared and dirty, so it's just sad.

We're talking about the birds not the people

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

piratescurvy posted:

This is great, but replace “mate” with “youze” and you’re basically in Philadelphia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjC-vh06_c

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jestery posted:

I use it probably once every couple of weeks

But I'm mad as a cut snake

I didn't realise Bob Katter posted on the forums.

Hope you get eaten by a croc Bob you hate filled pile of poo poo.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nooner posted:

are we allowed to say the "c" word in this thread?

Queensland starts with a Q, it's easy see how you'd be confused though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It should be mentioned that not everything in Australia is black and white. It's just that a lot of Australians see things that way.

We got colour here in case you were worried about visiting.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

How has no one mentioned Chopper yet for Aussie movies?

I'm taking away all your vegemite and democracy sausages.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lolie posted:

Despite Eric Bana's outstanding performance, it wasn't a very good movie.

The Sum of Us is worth a watch.

The life of Mark Reid is garbage but a speed dealer with the number plate GOE111 is great and thus deserves its spot for that alone.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

EoinCannon posted:

I grew up drinking VB so I think it's alright.
It is one of those beers that tastes really different every time you drink it which is a bit of a worry. It's very temperature sensitive I guess.

Super cold vb on tap with your mates watching the footy is how to drink it. The atmosphere is required to get it over the line.

Of course a vb long neck for breakfast riding shotgun in your mates truck is acceptable too.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

Take heart, because neither of our countries comes close to the South Korean love of battered hot dogs. Can you say, roll it in sugar? :thumbsup:

Also please show me pictures of these "Royal Shows"

It's standard fair type activities.

Axe chopping

Esky riding

Sheep bragging

You know the drill.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

syntaxfunction posted:

It boggles my mind when people go to the Ekka here. I went once and it was awful. Just the worst.

Also every time it's on there's a bunch of stories about "mysterious outbreaks of flu/illness". Gee, I wonder if cramming a bunch of people into that place is a bad idea?

Also literally every person says they go mainly for the bags. Just get a plastic bag and fill it with good sweets!

You go for the wood chopping, to see the ducklings going down the water slide and to watch the v8 stunt drivers nearly hit each other as the drive really fast in patterns.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speaking of the Melbourne Showgrounds, some of the best entertainment you can ever witness is when racing day at Flemington Racecourse coincides with something pop-culture or anime going at the Showgrounds.

Picture a bunch of people in their fancy expensive racing clothes, having to share a special-route train with cosplayers and wondering just what the gently caress is going on around them the entire trip. It's hilarious :allears:.

The image of the dressed up woman with her shoes in her hand sitting next to a weeb must be a sight to behold.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What you're missing is the kind of people who go to Flemington Racecourse toffed to the nines with fancy hats and outfits for Race Day typically have zero frame of reference for any kind of pop culture at all. Not even the mainstream stuff like, say, Game of Thrones or Star Wars. So you get to see groups of all these extremely-rich expensively-dressed typically-older folk trying to mentally parse just what the gently caress is going on around them with cosplayers from random videogames, movies and sci-fi series throughout the train they're sharing.

Oh, I figured it was like Randwick. An excuse for young rich fuckstains to go do too much coke and booze. Still all dressed up with the fascinators and all. Just to drunk to manage heels at the end so also barefoot with shoes in hand. It's not really an older crowd at Randwick though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Straya is pretty speccy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

loving wish this thread was in cspam so I could chain probe you for posting Genial Jordan without a trigger warning.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Is the show Housos any sort of accurate portrayal of Australian white trash?

Murdoch is a better example of Australian white trash.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Coles Bay Tasmania:

Whats next "Woolworths Mountain"? Maybe "Aldi Ranges"? The loving gall of these pricks.

e: I've just been informed that Gerry has a bay too so it just seems to be bays that they're after right now. They'll go after the rest of it though, mark my words.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

huh posted:

Just 5 minutes ago there was a wallaby (smaller version of a kangaroo) in the front yard of the house across the road from me.

I've met David Pocock and would say he's a smaller kangaroo.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sunday mornings rule, it's bundies day

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

110 standard drinks. That's one hell of a game of goon of fortune.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Having worked in kitchens the wine that comes out of the 10L box is more broken than other goon and doesn’t cooperate well with a hangover.
There’s also the same sized box of port which smells even worse

lmao I thought those $5 gallon jugs of port would be the worst thing that booze got sold as but here we are.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Who are those guys? Were they in a band or something?

They're the crew of the Japanese submarine that kidnapped Harold Holt. Surprised you didn't learn that at school.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

How is that beetroot-headed fuckstain of a failure back as leader of the Nats?

https://twitter.com/SavvyBeeBen/status/1406797964396306436

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

gently caress that, elect me and I'll do schooeys for $4 and slabs for $30

Don't listen to this madman. They want to standardise beer sizing names to the ones from your rival state and force everyone to call sausage in bread "bogan hotdogs"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Abbott still has it. This is from yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Legin Noslen posted:

We in America have a special name for people from Australiahahahahaha just kidding we never think about you :)

Oh yeah, then why are our prime ministers USA intelligence assets?

https://twitter.com/strom_m/status/1408970640678260736