Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wait, so that downtown song is just a song of business idiots singing gleefully about how they love to go to work to find a friend that understands them, and make them not lonely?

...dear god what a loving bleak song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Good. Should be a national holiday.

Halloween is fun as hell, only sad sack jerks don't like halloween.

If you don't dress up for halloween you deserve it when you're eaten by evil spirits. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Cold weather sucks. I would say winter is a curse of satan, but even satan wouldn't be so cruel.

Hot, humid, and by a beach is bliss.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vladimir Poutine posted:

and now 10 years later it’s ping ponging between Melbourne and Hobart

Normally I don't want bad things to happen to Hobart, but give it to Hobart! I'd prefer Sydney though. They actually deserve that curse.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Is it like south-east Asian/pacific bread. Had bread plenty of times from countries around there and yeah you can pretty much always taste the extra sweetness. It's fine, whatever. It's bread. Probably going to be just chucking a bunch of stuff in the middle of two slices of it anyway.

...I may not have the most refined taste.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bargearse posted:

I just get cockies screeching outside my bedroom window at 6am.

A glorious cacophony to awake to from!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Is no one going to save that person that it is clearly eating? No?

okay.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I thought he died. Seems pretty alive and healthy in this photo.

Australian education systems let me down again!!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BigBadSteve posted:

But I don't see any lesbians?

To big to fit into shot alas.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Bin chickens are awesome and I've glad they've figured out a way to get them selves a new snack.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Well who ever's ranked at 10'905th is going to be feeling pretty poo poo right now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outrail posted:

This wouldn't have happened if the alpaca was better at its job. had a gun!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Tram Depot fire, Paddington, Brisbane, 1963

Man I miss the time when Brisbane run their fleet of flaming hell rider'esq trams. Really gave the city a unique look, then the OHAS squares had to get in the way. :(

Must say while mostly back in the day did look a bit poo poo, their were quite a few really nice looking old buildings and such around. Not all of it was just rose tinted glasses.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well they're think we may be in for El Nino by the end of the year, so possible we could be a flood and fire year!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

EoinCannon posted:

When the Marysville/Kinglake super fire was going on or around Black Saturday all of Melbourne was a disturbing orange colour and reeking of smoke. There was also that time a few years ago where Box Hill had the world's worst air quality for half a day or something due to bushfires.

I remember I was working overseas at the time of the 2009 fire and wasn't really checking Australian news at the time. One morning I walked past a radio that could only just sort hear, was on when the news was starting and I just make out two different Victorian towns mentioned mentioned in the opening story. Brain instantly was just "oh gently caress, what loving terrible thing could be happening in vic that overseas news is mentioning two rural towns in their opening lines of their first story". End up catching up on a lot of not great news that day.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Hey they know there’s a rabies vaccine, right? Just asking.

Lol, look just cos you're stuck in a rabies infested hell hole doesn't mean everybody has too be!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Dude nobody in my state who wasn't a professional bat-harasser has gotten rabies in like the last 90 years. I get what you mean though rabies is dead sexy

Hey everyone knows consumption is the sexy diseases wanted be all!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nigmaetcetera posted:

*vomits blood*

*Titters in bashful Victorian*

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jestery posted:

Lol I grew up in Hendra, I didn't realise that Hendra virus was my Suburb untill I was in high school

I just checked the wiki and it gives where it was first found right down to the street adress, lol.

"10 Williams Avenue, Hendra, a suburb of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia."

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Laserface posted:

Everything is edible. Some things are only edible once.

Hey you could probably get a few down before they did you in if you ate fast!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bill Posters posted:

At least a decade of popular culture apparently.

Has it been a decade? Like I swear she was just sort one of the quite a few interchangeable pop stars for ages, than suddenly in the last year stories about her teenage death cult causing international incidents with their numbers start happening?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outrail posted:

It's Perth's last defence against the east. Without it we'd be crushed.

If they didn't befriend the emus/camels for protection that's on them.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jestery posted:

I always thought Nullarbor was a first nations word, but it's literally Latin for no trees

lol they couldn't find a single thing there to name it after.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Nullarborists as well, but apparently that fact wasn't important enough to name it after.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How do people who live in Sydney not murder the toll road company?

Deep down Sydney people know they deserve to be Punished for the crime of living in Sydney?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I knew I never trusted that bluey character.

Always seems like a right wanker.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actually used to have an official Australia Post toy van.

One of my mates brought an old Australia post van a while back, said it was pretty decent van. They paint over the Australia post logo before they sell them though obviously, and unfortunately. Was still Australia post red at least.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Toxic Mental posted:

Is this Australian Carl Sagan

He's 100% written a book about aliens while really stoned, yes.

If it's not published he probably just accidentally but it in the compost rather than letter box out of habbit.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

But Dracula's are allergic to fire. :(

(or maybe that's Frankenstein's I dunno.)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outrail posted:

Heading home for a month, it's been 5 years since the last visit. Any suggestions to get in touch with my cultural roots?

So far I've got:
-Chico roll

I believe these were made illegal in 1999. Just one of many things parliament made sure would not escape the 90's

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Man for four horses worth you'd think you'd get a bit more meat.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i could fight an orangutan

You really think yourself so much better than a possum?

The pure hubris.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

NPR Journalizard posted:

Garlic + Hot chilli is the clear winner

I mean yeah, I could see maybe having a bit of another sauce as well depending what they have, but yeah those two are pretty essential to a good kebab.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lolie posted:

Yeah, either have an egg and bacon roll or a hamburger with egg and have a kebab another time.

Fish and chip shop hamburgers with the lot, are the best hamburgers. No question.

Lot of other great hamburgers out there, of course but you can't beat the local hamburger with the lot. True classic.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blow posted:

The township of Girvan is at an altitude of about 92 metres above sea level. Tack on 30 metres for the height of the building.

The curvature of the Earth means you could see about 42 km.

50 km inland would be quite a stretch by my calculations.

:science:

Yeah but did you caculate if someone was on the roof standing on their tippy toes?

And I dunno they were 50 feet tall or something.

People when this was built could get that big you know:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Bush turkeys are great. I wish them luck moving to a big city.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Geographic center of Melbourne is apparently currently Bourne Street, Glen Iris. So Glen Iris station should be Melbourne central.

Wrong again metro!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Inceltown posted:

Such a long way from Jasper to Wee Jasper. Hope that the little tyke can travel and the parent doesn't have to go all the way south.

Oh yeah, that's a super long hike. Glad to see Jaspers looking to keep fit and healthy!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
TISM, as eloquent as ever.

Also man do they know how to put on a good gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Already 38 in Ashfield!

My washing should be dry.

at 38c, I'm assuming if you had a full basket the first stuff you hung up was dry by the time you finished hanging up the last stuff.

Always good when that happens, saves having to do another trip to the washing line later.