Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

If you've ever lived in a sharehouse...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Q7obO1-aE

He Died With A Falafel In His Hand is... well a movie based on a book of collected nightmare anecdotes from sharehouse living (the book of the same name), carefully pieced into a narrative that isn't quite what the trailer nudges at, but is still highly entertaining.

This movie is the best depiction, bar none, of the relevant differences between Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. At least in an early 2000s setting. Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Gromit posted:

Rags and Marty have a bit of history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUz93v_s18A

Mr Mullet in those clips must be the inspiration for Eric Bana’s Poida character.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm hanging out for your inevitable Melbourne-style anti-vaxx protests, the Sydney cops probably won't know what to do with them so it should be a hoot. :v:

They’ll create a mass casualty event.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Inceltown posted:

If you can't wear shorts and t-shirt all year round in Australia you need to harden the gently caress up.

with that kind of sun exposure you would harden the gently caress up, scab over, and succumb to melanoma.

Unless you're a first nations person who is actually suited to this blighted sunscape.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Outrail posted:

Is First Nations the right way to refer to Aboriginals now? I haven't been home in years now but it was Traditional Owner back in early 2010s

Not sure. First Nations seems to be a globally recognised term.

Indigenous Australians is in common use, as is Traditional Owners, Custodians.

My understanding is that Aborigine is now considered outdated.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Inceltown posted:

oval office didn't even get his chips.

gently caress I hope the brief of evidence tells us if it was plain salt or chicken salt.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I like to think he went in, spent some time sharpening his claws on the bench grinder, then calmly left.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Here, have a Puggle that I spotted yesterday.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

This guy was bigger and he looked furry but they were certainly spines (I picked him up to move him off the road).

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Photos with threatening auras.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Party Ape posted:

Back in the day, Canberra (with its cashed up EL1's) was the coke capital of Australia. Of course, years of LNP government have degraded the cocaine purchasing power of the EL1 cohort and a newly opened testing facility has shown that its now ~27%: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-25/act-pill-drug-testing-results-revealed-mdma-heroin/101371644

I'd expect consumption to closely follow parliamentary sitting weeks and the arrival of political staffers into town.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

BAD hat

NAUGHTY sleeve

Anyone know where I can get Warren Perso's back catalogue? I've got The Bermagui Bronze and Filipino Furburger, but I'd like to find his explorer's trilogy (Strezlecki, Sturt, Mangels).

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Bill Posters posted:

Perso's okay but he's no Lou Interligi. That guy really broke down some barriers and held up a mirror to multicultural society.

You can take the boy out of Brunswick, but you can't take Brunswick out of the boy.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Outrail posted:

Australia: Part joke part history

History <--- 1788 ---> Joke

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Looks like he just came out of the AVO hearing and it didn't go his way.

"ahhh can't believe she's still pushing this poo poo... sure I touched her up a bit but she's knows I love her"
"fuckin' centrelink are gonna take half me allowance for child support now"

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Inceltown posted:

There is a place for people like you. Fuckwit city, that's the place where you belong.

take me down to fuckwit city where the opinions suck and the takes are lovely

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Inceltown posted:

There were still FIFTY Sanity stores in Australia

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1610435728886099968

Man that's great news for Brashs!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Chrpno posted:

Not this summer mate. It's rained like buggery all last year

(Speaking in my authority as deputy captain of the local bush fire brigade back in the 90s, I had a white helmet with red stripe and everything)

The fuel load has built up significantly and if we get a dry summer later this year then grass fires are a major concern. They don't have the intensity of the forest fires but move extremely quickly.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I’m sure I remember going to a Wendy’s in Melbourne in the mid 80s. It was in the city, and kind of below street level.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh no we're at war again. Albanese agreed to join Operation Prosperetiy Gaurdian to do murder on Yemen because the Houthies been too good at loving with Isreali shipping routes

Being a client state RULES

We're in a "non operational support role" which I assume is sending a laundry ship and doing Starbucks runs for the seppo troops.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Then what did I do with your mother last night?

That was just a slow moving depression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

My parents had a Fairmont Ghia back in the late 80s / early 90s and it had a fully digital dashboard which I thought was just the ducks nuts.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.