Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
So:

1) vaccinated air travellers can come to Canada without quarantine, yes?
2) the land border is shut until 21 July but is air travel to the states open at present from Canada?

(I am a Canadian citizen)

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Oakland Martini posted:

As a US citizen living in Canada with a Canadian partner, I pay pretty close attention to this stuff.

1. As of July 5, quarantine hotels and home quarantine requirements have been waived for fully vaccinated inbound travellers. However, the border is still closed; US citizens still cannot enter Canada unless they fall into one of the long-standing exemption categories (e.g. immediate family of Canadian citizens/permanent residents).
2. Canadians cannot enter the US by land (unless they fall into one of the US exemption categories) but can fly to the US without issue. The land border might open on July 21, but we still don't know.

So if you are fully vaccinated and want to take a vacation by air to the US, go for it.

Way worse:. I live in Denmark and have had a week in the Catskills booked for over a year - but anyone who has been in the EU in the last 14 days cannot enter the USA. Period. I wasn't going to fly via a 2 week layover in Toronto as until a few days ago I was looking at spending it mostly in quarantine. Now I can fly to Pearson, spend 15 days in Toronto then fly to Newark.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

McGavin posted:

None wasn't an option, so I put English even though the only English he spoke was "dada", which isn't even a word, really.

Dada isn't art

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Normal? posted:

Edit: I'm getting my 2nd shot next week and I'm going to get it in my dominant arm. See what all the fuss is about.

at hospital lost arb

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Coming home 2 weeks from DK. Is there a site I can see Toronto COVID rules I need to follow? Fully vaccinated with Pfizer and I had COVID last year to boot.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

ChickenDoodle posted:

Remembered this article recently: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/travel-rules-covid-19-vaccinated-1.6094133

Sorry I don’t know what DK means (Denmark?) but this is the last I could find.

Selvfølgelig! Tusind tak!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Servetus posted:

I got the Moderns shot on Friday, after getting Pfizer the first time.

Saturday was a... special experience. Everything hurt, worse than after getting hit by a car when I was 11. I'm better now, and hopefully the crazy strong immune response is a good sign.

Crazy strong immune system kill you

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Danes already have a national ID number and your vaccination status is registered to it. You get a printable certificate with a QR code on it, there's phone apps to show or scan the QR code.

If Ontario had decided to do so, just use health card number and set up a database with like a dozen fields or so. Too late now, I guess. vaccines.gov.on.ca or something

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

ARACHTION posted:

The only people I’ve seen in BC participate in the Dr. Henry technocrat hero worship

I read this and thought, "Morgenthaler"?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Entropic posted:

The governor-generalship is an inconsequential sinecure, change my mind.

What actually changes policy-wise for native people in Canada with a native woman getting the rubber-stamping ribbon-cutting job vs some white guy?

Well it'll piss off some racists, that's a plus. But uh.... obviously there's some symbolism, and role models matter, but substantive policy, I dunno.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Bleck posted:

tbh this is how I feel about actual dogs

In at ground level

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Lindy's

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Bleck posted:

Optimistic to think we'll still be around in 50 years.

Can I have all your stuff?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

The only conscripted SS were the... something or other brigades, I forget their name but they were composed of literal rapists and murders plucked from jail and sent in as frontline suicide squads who killed as much as they could then died.

Dirlewanger?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

There's no examples I've ever seen where an SS member was punished for refusing assignment to a concentration camp. Likewise I seriously doubt refusing assignment to an einsatzcommando would be punished.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

apatheticman posted:

I swear some interactions with small town Alberta are just pranks. Like how can a 5 minute interaction so consistently summarize a town.

It's just gotta be a prank and some sort of montage they play for themselves.

I thought Red Deer was summarized by the sound of pissing.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Speaking of inhumane conditions that are an ostensible affront to Canadian values…

We are not discussing "coconut on Nanaimo bars" here again.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

not sure what all that poo poo you're projecting is about.

:shrek:

Basically the argument is because Canada conducted genocide against the native population, posters cannot criticize another nation for genocide, even if the poster opposes Canada's actions.

Think of it as Original Sin with Chinese Characteristics.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 28, 2021

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

The tweets sound like it's just maybe one unhinged guy?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

fartman posted:

I live in hochelaga and have yet to be hatecrimed for speaking English. I feel like there are some details the OP is leaving out? Granted, she is also a woman, so that does bring on another level of harassment in general.

The tweeter mentioned their harasser likes to expose himself or some such. Kind of a "he's not political, he's crazy" flag for me

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Garlic and onions hanging around your neck, smoking Gauloises and drinking 50?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I watched the Vancouver Olympics ceremonies on CBC website, and at the closing ceremonies after all that kerfuffle about the paucity of French, when Furlong started speaking his horribly accented French the chat window erupted with cries of "We were wrong, we are so sorry, please stop him speaking French, oh god make him stop".

https://twitter.com/i/status/1233618002580361216

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 18, 2021

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Uh, source?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Never heard it. Trawna

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Pleads posted:

Who else would take the Dane's snaps and replace it with rye?

Fixed

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Alctel posted:

Can you imagine these case numbers translated into hospitalisations if we didn't have vaccines? jesus christ

Pretty much quadruple that number

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Arivia posted:

old-stock idiot kings

pure loon

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Alctel posted:

Well some good news - in BC although who the gently caress knows what our case counts are (testing infrastructure has collapsed), our hospitalisation rates are actually decreasing now over the last week or so

Crossing fingers it continues.

Same thing seems to be happening in Denmark too.

So far so good but I expect a NYE-related surge in hospitalizations still here in Legoland.

For case counts by date of test:
pre:
Jan 09  6,656 cases (partial count)
Jan 08 13,510
Jan 07 14,389
Jan 06 15,413
Jan 05 17,576
Jan 04 23,697
Jan 03 25,618 (3 days post NYE celebrations)
Jan 02 19,905
Jan 01  8,630
Dec 31  9,727
Dec 30 19,226
Dec 29 17,244
Dec 28 21,955 
Dec 27 22,616 (3 days post XMas Eve dinners)
Dec 26 10,966
Dec 25  7,853
Dec 24  7,054
Then the new hospitalizations:
pre:
Jan 09  126 new hospitalizations (723 total)
Jan 08  161 new hospitalizations (730 total)
Jan 07  186 new hospitalizations (755 total)
Jan 06  161 new hospitalizations (756 total) 
Jan 05  204 new hospitalizations (784 total)
Jan 04  229 new hospitalizations (792 total)  xmas hospital spike?
Jan 03  169 new hospitalizations (770 total) nye case spike started here  (expect hospital around 10th/11th?)
Jan 02  163 new hospitalizations (709 total)
Jan 01  139 new hospitalizations (647 total)
Dec 31  177 new hospitalizations (641 total)
Dec 30  178 new hospitalizations (665 total)
Dec 29  173 new hospitalizations (675 total)
Dec 28  177 new hospitalizations (666 total)
Dec 27  115 new hospitalizations (608 total)  xmas case spike started here
Dec 26  123 new hospitalizations (579 total)
Dec 25   86 new hospitalizations (522 total)
Dec 24  134 new hospitalizations (509 total)
Src: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/242ec2acc014456295189631586f1d26

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 11, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Count Roland posted:

I do not at all like the precedent this sets.

Has anything like this been done before in Canada? Take a medicine or else pay a fine?

I'm totally fine with mandatory vaccination.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Count Roland posted:

Well I've got the 'rona.

Count Rona'd

Hope it's mild, and you recover quickly

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Isentropy posted:

Canada is very much like Burkina Faso in that the true center of power isn't in Burkina Faso (even more actually!) so any coup here would be pointless without Washington endorsement

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

eXXon posted:

a licensed WW2 historian

Is this a federal, provincial, or municipal license? Is there a regulatory body, mayhap? If you are late paying your annual dues, can you only speak in the present and future tense?

Do you have to submit essays to the OHCB (Ontario History Censor Board)???

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

RedFlag posted:

This sounds like it could be the case (from a quick data processing standpoint, if nothing else), but it also sounds like something the proverbial Can-chud uncle would say. Where did this estimate come from? What about death counts?

From Denmark (sorry):

In week 1, 6/38 ICU admissions were not receiving COVID-specific treatment.
In week 2, 7/26.
Week 3, 7/17.
Week 4, 9/24.

So in January we see a chunk of ICU admits "with" COVID who were being treated in ICU for "something else" - running about a third in the latter 3/4 of January.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I suspect the Vandoos would have zero issues dealing with Anglos.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

ChickenDoodle posted:

The War Measures Act was dissolved in 88, so it’s unlikely.

Replaced by the Emergencies Act.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Edit: ^^^ I wonder if they're confusing total dollar value with number of doners. If COVID-19 has shown anything, it's that some people kinda suck at data analysis (not that I'm a whiz).

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Kid hiding face in vain attempt not to get ruthlessly bullied at school

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

A * Chapters*???????

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

CanPol 2022: hosed aboot, found oot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Looks like the shoving led to some pepper spray on Wellington in the last few minutes.

A woman saying she got sprayed and her husband got grabbed.

I think it's the SdQ