Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Chillyrabbit posted:

Still I would approach this with a critical eye as Franks magazine is tabloid-lite from my understanding.

Frank is as trash as trash gets, but as they say even a broken clock is right twice a day. This is a big deal and my local subreddit is going bananas. Now I realize that the demographics of a subreddit aren't representative of the province as a whole, but jesus christ ACAB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Alctel posted:

I'm feeling really old here but what is an influencer?

sentient anal warts

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

RBC posted:

sorels are made poorly these days

sad to hear. I have a pair that my grandfather bought me in 1997 and they're still wearable (though they need to be resoled badly so I don't actually wear them in the snow anymore)

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

lmao they need to keep telling people the number of truckers is increasing because paying each trucker $20 is the only way the gofundme grift will actually work.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Cocaine Bear posted:

Trudough was right loving there.

that's quite the assumption you're making about their level of wit

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

flakeloaf posted:

CBC reporter said it they checked with people who should be in the know and none of them had heard a word of it

https://mobile.twitter.com/shaaminiwhy/status/1487843239709261828

Yeah I'm totally ok with calling this a pot-stirring fabrication until there's some kind of official word on it. I'm immediately skeptical of anything that starts with "from a friend of mine".

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

BGrifter posted:

We’ve been talking about it in the other CanPol thread. You can listen at https://m.twitch.tv/markeast

Also:

oh my god I've been listening to this for 30 seconds and already heard the word 'cumzone'
this is just the best.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

yeah I'm sure he's dying to leave California in the prime of his career to move to loving ottawa

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

PittTheElder posted:

Lol imagine taking advice from Earthworm Jim over here

What is the deal with these awful pictures people take of themselves?

Vintersorg posted:

That guys forehead looks like the ancient SA photoshop thing of that guys forehead that was all scarred up and someone made a like, 50 screen high version of it where you just kept scrolling.

Also, ignoring that response I got is probably right - it was on my (good) cousins post about winter tires or something then you had the crazy trucker supporters come in and I just had to touch the poop.

It's sugar water btw in case none of you figured it out - we're all being duped!! (actual words)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

They nuked the gofundme
https://medium.com/gofundme-stories/update-gofundme-statement-on-the-freedom-convoy-2022-fundraiser-4ca7e9714e82

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

https://twitch.tv/themayor_mccheese

Things are gettin liiiiiiiit

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Who could have seen this coming??

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tamara_MVC/status/1493034113133068294

Also:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbckatie/status/1493036240790249474?s=21

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

AegisP posted:

So uh, has anyone else noticed that GiveSendGo's website looks rather different at the moment?

:vince:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

flakeloaf posted:

Just as context, "rebuke in presence of subordinate" is liable to get you charged in the military, constitutes a leadership failure for an officer, and is just generally really fuckin rude and a great way to lose the handle on your troops. The police aren't the military, but many of them think they are and there are more than a few vets in the mix, so pulling poo poo like this is an absolutely fantastic way to discard any excess credibility that might be a burden to your plan to flush your reputation.

it's a 21st century fragging

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Flater posted:

part of antivax is the breakdown of trust between people and government/science/authority and some of that is from cheaply used authority and now we're seeing the symptoms of people rejecting the system in all kinds of weird ways. Many of these people are also disenfranchised and dumb as poo poo too and that is a socioeconomic symptom, these are in part failures of the canadian system imo

Oppenheimer thought his invention had doomed mankind, but I'm pointing the finger at Al Gore

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

it's a political bare knuckle boxing match

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

this rules

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Powershift posted:

Not a single loving one but facts don’t matter anymore. Just scream the wrong thing as much as you can and people will forget about it once you start screaming the next wrong thing.

I heard zello chatter that they saw a family member of the woman post a comment on fb, that she did not in fact die. place as much weight on that 3rd hand account as you feel comfortable.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Rust Martialis posted:

Looks like the shoving led to some pepper spray on Wellington in the last few minutes.

A woman saying she got sprayed and her husband got grabbed.

I think it's the SdQ

SQ is currently the line on one front, and in full gasmasks. I don't want to speculate but it certainly looks things might be about to pop-off.

edit: and I gotta say, I personally would be making GBS threads my pants staring down Mongo over here who's a full head taller than anyone else

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 19, 2022

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

RBC posted:

Lets hear more about the McRIb campaign.

"we're not pro-convite, we're not anti-convite, we're only pro-McRib"

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

a quick scoping of his facebook shows no posts since the live feed where he was arrested, or anyone commenting that he's free, so I'm skeptical of that claim

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

McGavin posted:

My dad and I just can't understand what the hell happened because she and her husband seemed totally normal when I was growing up. Something in the past few years broke their brains and they have basically ostracized themselves from the extended family because nobody else agrees with them.

Edit: The only thing I can think of is "old people getting on Facebook with no critical thinking ability", which kind of goes hand in hand with evangelical Christianity.

This is basically textbook what happened with my own mother, (who just 2 days ago sent me an article about free hiv testing kits in sask and how this definitely means that the covid vaccine is giving people aids) and surprise surprise, also a born again christian.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Solenna posted:

Wait is that why people are posting all paranoid about the HIV testing kits? That is actually more stupid than I thought. I figured they just didn't like people being able to find out if they have a dangerous condition.

yeah the new hot take is literally "it's giving people aids".

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Powershift posted:

Here’s a NFB documentary on the Oka crisis.

https://youtu.be/V3cYG2vORYc

Should be mandatory watching as part of bail conditions for the Ottawa protestors claiming brutality.

Oh nice, thank you for this. I was a kid living just outside Montreal when Oka went down. We had some friends there and would visit occasionally, but never again after the crisis.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

stop the presses, PT6A again fails to realize his specific living situation doesn't apply to everyone nationwide all the time.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Oxyclean posted:

Wasn't there a part where he told people to flood 911 in Ottawa to make it harder for the truckers to be dealt with?

Yep!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, 10 provinces, 3 territories? Is not distinguishing "provinces and territories" *that dumb*? Or am I missing something?

For people trying to act so big brained it's pretty dumb.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

snorch posted:

P is stored in the SAC

My girlfriend is in PSAC and we've gotten a lot of miles from that terrible joke

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Ive been visiting the Edmonton area from NS since Saturday, and had the chance to do the Jasper-Banff-Canmore-Calgary and back route (the Rockies are loving amazing and no picture or movie can really prepare you for it) but that's all to say I've gotten FOURTEEN (fifteen as one came in literally while I was typing this up) wildfire related emergency alerts since being here.

Had a 100km detour around the Entwistle one, and actually got to see the Banff fire yesterday before they got it under control.

Can't believe it's like this in MAY. Stay safe prairie goons.

Edit: 16!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

greatBigJerk posted:

I don't think the cars even won. Halifax is a godawful place to drive around.

I go out of my way to avoid the Chebucto/Windsor quantum intersection.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

DaysBefore posted:

Halifax city council agreed to force escooters into bike lanes. Not forcing the escooter companies to install docks around the city though lmao, just threatening tickets if they're not parked right so it's essentially unenforcable

Dunno, I get complaints about the things and have almost gotten smoked a couple times by drunk college kids scootin along, but also would much rather get in a scooter accident than have some office manager in an F350 turn me into a pancake which is absolutely going to happen to the scooter users in our lovely barely protected bike lanes. Plus they're very good at filling the last mile gap of transit. Critical support for the tech bro escooter companies, I suppose

I love the scooters, on paper. Having installed the app and taken a few rides I can say they are an awesome mode of transportation- but I've also said from day 1 that we're one moron cracking his skull open away from having them regulated into the ground. The average rider seems to be 15-25 and reckless as gently caress.

Anyway, this is also the city that instituted a "you can only smoke in designated smoking areas anywhere in Halifax NO REALLY GUYS WE MEAN IT" bylaw that was immediately ignored and I don't think a single ticket was ever issued.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

TheKingofSprings posted:

I have no opinion on this other than that if he did cheat he should cut his balls off
Maybe she got tired of being married to someone she can't walk 5 feet without hearing death wishes about.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

The only thing I'm offended by is how terrible of a picture that is, ugh

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

run on sentience posted:

People don't seem to give a gently caress about using them safely. Those things are just asking to burn something down, but they are essential to a lot of people.
Sometimes it's not even about using them safely. My workplace recently dealt with a fire caused at the outlet by a space heater that was otherwise being used as intended. Those things are dangerous yo

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

only the best and brightest in our representative democracy

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Never thought I'd see the day our government publicly beefs with a nuclear power and gives a standing ovation to a literal nazi. What a goddamn time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Doesn't Loblaws also own their entire distribution network?