Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Cabana doing the post show.

Abrahantes is so fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He wasn't even on commentary

I read gud.

NVM.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

There's no way they ship them from the US without being in cans.

You gotta get the fancy cans with the hydrogen doodad

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Kirios posted:

I'm thinking over the next year we're gonna get Omega -> Page -> MJF -> OC.

And if that's the way they are going with this, I am 1000000000% here for that.

You're missing PAC on your list.

Omega->Page->PAC->OC->MJF->Fenix

Someone mentioned OC being the first crack in belt collector's armor...

Spoiler from the PPV:
https://imgur.com/k4r8rkB

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 31, 2021

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

I really like Eddie too but come on he is not going to be AEW champion.

He's been main event scene since he showed up and has looked good there.

He gets great pop

Tony likes the guy

He's gonna be champ even if for a couple weeks

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Drakkel posted:

A stellar show on almost every level, but I have one problem: the story of Britt Baker winning the title.

They created a scenario where literally everyone was hoping and cheering for the babyface to lose, and that everyone should want the bad guy to win because "She's earned it!" which is just....a really weird story to tell in a wrestling show? It's kinda lowkey insulting to Shida that they've basically made her losing the title a foregone conclusion for like a year and did absolutely nothing to make anybody root for her. Thus, the hero's journey ends with a miserable failure while the first full crowd at a wrestling show in nearly 2 years celebrates the villain who cheated to beat her and she'll probably just fade away to Dark/Elevation land cause Baker's the only woman in the company that matters (until Brandi comes back of course)

Which gets into my other problem; who could possibly challenge Baker at this point? She's beaten Shida, she has victories over Thunder Rosa, and nobody else in the company has been pushed to even remotely her level. Nobody else has any sort of character or storyline beyond "is a good wrestler" or "isn't appearing on the show this week." The only other woman whose being built strong recently is Jade who is also a heel so that's kinda moot.

Frankly I'm convinced at this point it's just gonna be another year-long run where the champion shows up twice a month to squash someone while the rest of the division gets relegated to 3 minute Dark matches with no character building or storylines. Except this time the belt is on the one woman the company will allow to speak ever, so maybe she'll get more screentime than Shida but that's probably about it.

Statlander

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh, gently caress.

It's this.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

There was zero chance he's going to foul a productive relationship to take a cheap shot WWE.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

I mean the simple answer is that people do have a limit on how much "HEY EVERYONE, LIKE THIS PERSON" rocket-pack booking they can receive before pushing back, and Britt going over potentially would have tripped that. So instead they have Rosa win in a match that that largely exists to put over Britt otherwise while having no real stakes, and everyone watching is happy: right person won, but man, did you see Britt?

Are you more upset that they did that or that it worked?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

El Generico posted:

Boy, Jungle Boy is a blaaand promo. "I am ready to be the next AEW champion." Uhh, maybe not, at least on the mic. Should he just never talk?

The crazy thing with Jungle Boy is that his non-verbal work is actually top level. His character stuff is real good too if you ever watch him during Jurasic Express matches when the camera isn't focusing on him.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Evil Badman posted:

Thunder Rosa is being buried again!

She cut an amazing promo on Britt as the cold open to Elevation this week.

I remembered this thread and chuckled to myself.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

Which is super weird when you think about how 205 live and main event is considered the 8th circle of hell. It probably helps that Dark/Elevation isn't treated like a separate brand and are true sister shows to Dynamite, with 'main roster'(if there is such a thing) talent showing up to do matches.

I mean Dark started as a response to fan’s comments that if wins and losses matter, you clearly need to have dark matches available somewhere. Then it became its own thing, it still built built around the touring roster. Then the pandemic made it really its own thing built around getting reps and paydays for indie wrestlers. (Tony Khan has been around pro sports long enough to know he needs a talent farm, so indie wrestling must be strong)

I don’t think WWE has an equivalent. Maybe NXT, but clearly not since Elevation is kind of that.

I don’t know, I don’t really watch other wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Is Ricky Starks expecting to be gone for weeks or months?