Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Had a lot of fun at the show last night. I think the crowd was a little tired after sitting through 2 hours of Dark Elevation tapings and then a lot of go home promos, but glad it seems like we were lively on TV.

Cody is still massively over with live crowds, but I think Britt Baker and Jungle Boy were some of the biggest notable pops of the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

blunt posted:

One day Jungle Boy is gonna beat the poo poo out of Marko to absolutely nuclear heat and it's gonna be great.

Hate the new old South park arena setup, but.im totally hyped for Sunday.

thanks for reminding me about that all timer

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1150263102560178176

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alaois posted:

i really want to see that minoru suzuki thing get posted every time people talk about scorpio sky, maybe 4 or 5 times at least, then it'll definitely get the point across

would you say it keeps getting posted all round the sub forum?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

I feel like if you have an on air guy who is presumably working your big ppv in a day, you pay the HR person the over time to come in on Saturday and get ahead of this thing. At least announce he won't be on the ppv. If he's not, much like that other guy said, I'm going to be getting a refund if I can. There should be zero tolerance for this poo poo and the response should be immediate and as harsh as possible.

Lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Helicity posted:

You don't fire people without HR involved. And yeah, most HR is salaried, so they'll be pissed at the 2 hours of paperwork on a weekend, but that's part of the gig.

Do we think that HR had to drive into the office to do this, possibly missing out on a weekend BBQ, and thus Tony is an evil and demanding boss?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Got an exclusive scoop for the thread: Rey Fenix just sat down with Dasha at the Spanish commentary table for Dark

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Thank you Joe Biden

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

England was always bad

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Cameo posted:

Tony Khan, dressed up like Ozymandias

Sure, I will purchase this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW needs to push Miro

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

My Lovely Horse posted:

I caught that yesterday and they're all on about how AEW is wasting Miro in little nerd feuds when he should be an unstoppable monster in the title scene

Asking for what’s already been done, what’s their username here?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody wanks bus dogs

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuck my wife has just dropped plans on me for first thing in the morning so I can’t stay up to watch and I won’t get the chance until late tomorrow afternoon.

Stimulants

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dick Togogo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Concerned that the Tony Khan standup intro and outro is gonna make Rampage feel weird

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

I think it's all but guaranteed that Shida won't be on Dynamite next week, there'll be no followup to her losing after a year long reign. She'll just vanish for a while and maybe start showing up on Dark/Elevation having 3 minute squash matches for like a year, until another heel (probably Jade) has the belt and they can throw her out on Dynamite for a 1-week feud before a PPV.

You sound pretty sure about this, why don’t you toxx for it?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody should have never done the “can’t challenge for the world title” stip because it’s done nothing for people’s perception about him like he intended

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Zack posted:

Hangman fucks

tony khan confirmed this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Huntman posted:

I was rewatching some of the show and noticed a fan in the crowd crying when Sting picked up the victory. Was super cool that Sting can provoke that from a fan still.

Unless he was upset over Ethan and Sky losing of course.

i definitely teared up when he won. i was a huge sting fan as a kid but my family was too poor to ever go to a WCW show. i stopped watching when WCW died and i started paying attention again around the time sting returned to WWE. his career ended before i knew it and i just assumed i'd never get to see sting wrestle live, and it didn't even really hit me until he came out and started hitting big moves. the crowd chanting "you still got it" really got me.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

All this crowd talk reminds me that I need to finally go back and watch Kenny and Hangman vs Bucks. After the pandemic started I couldn’t make it past the first two minutes seeing a hot crowd in the building without absolutely breaking down.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Once things open back up I'd actually like to see a belt comparable to the SWA belt from STARDOM where it can only be defended against someone of a different nationality/country

excited for the cody promos

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

PPV did 150k, previous highest PPV was 125k

https://twitter.com/alex_greenlay/status/1399541614587039747?s=21

flex them biceps tony

after the explosion botch more people are buying the PPVs to see how AEW will whiff it big this time, sad

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Penguin Patrol posted:

hey y'all remember when Britt's theme had vocals by Downstait's sister that they ended up not using because they were so terrible?

edit: GET SOME NOVACAINE NOVACAINE lol gets me everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4AcYaZpBvM&t=224s

hahaha

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think Wild Thing is good and it’s fun to sing along to

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

unscripted violence is good but its absolutely a generic metal wrestling theme. its a couple notches above hardcore holly's theme which came out of a catalog, and that's okay.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

Honestly I bet they wouldn't be able to afford it. Or it would be like when they did that game with Rock Band and made them use live versions and take an entire album. The entire roster would have to come down to acdc songs.

The Maximum Overdrive deal

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity posted:

Her nickname is literally Legit Leyla Hirsch

How come they always drop the “Literally” when announcing her?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i know "imagine seeing this in 2018" is cliche but seriously, the mens singles rankings are a thing of beauty through that lens

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hangman Fucks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Jungle Boy beats the Young Bucks, Miro, Britt Baker, Kenny Omega.

:hmmyes:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

No, I think that was the last time too. Apparently it wasn't even a wrestler, it was someone on the production staff.

rumor has it cody hated this person

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Crapple! posted:

https://twitter.com/DannyDiaz60/status/1400765795416776711

The Bucks vs Mox/Eddie match, The world title match and Deeb/Riho should all be higher imo. I personally wouldn't have given Page/Cage 4.5 but still enjoyed it a lot.

no 5 star matches, what a weak show. now that i think about it i didn't enjoy it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tony confirmed on Busted Open Radio that the big quarterly TNT specials are going to be on Saturday nights

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Penguin Patrol posted:

Did they book anyone interesting for the undercard?

a step parent biological parent blood feud always makes for a good one

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Penguin Patrol posted:

love the Foctoro

Tho*

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SexMetalBarbie posted:

https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1400841547718004737?s=20 am I crazy in thinking that this was announced that the pay-per-view as in 2 weeks. is that two weeks?

yeah it was definitely pushed back a week from the originally announced date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

queen poo poo