Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Freedom Day will soon be upon us. It is time to take a holiday from the office at home; a jaunt from joblessness; a vacation from vagrancy. It is time to be free to work again. Freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
World's first space ambulance.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Barry Foster posted:

Mercifully the one hysteria this country doesn't seem to be prone to is antivax hysteria

so far

This country invented antivax, just not for this virus.

But you know what Andrew Wakefield did after losing his licence to practice in the UK?

He went to America, and started doing talks, during the Trump years. He's not solely responsible for their movement, but they certainly caught our disease.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 2, 2021

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I find the liquid salicylic acid that comes in a glass vial with a brush works better than the gel stuff. Mainly because it just melts a hole in your foot.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Illegally though, because Blair banned people working while they're processing an asylum claim.

That's some impressive naval maneuvering.

I've been reading a lot of books about history recently. It strikes me that the Sun has chosen to illustrate this using the visual language of a battle diagram.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Two minutes hate

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Drake refused to fully engage with the Spanish as they traversed the Channel because they were both outnumbered him and were more heavily-armed and had loads of troops on board, so a close-range battle would have been a slaughter. Instead he waited until they anchored at Dunkirk and sent in fireships to break up the formation, allowing 2 or 3 English ships to ambush individual Spanish ships - the English, being mostly pirates buccaneers, were much more used to this form of combat. Unfortunately because they were pirates free-spirited entrepreneurial wealth-creators they then proceeded to take prizes rather than actually continuing in combat. The Spanish escaped in more than enough numbers to have another go, but then a storm washed them into the north coasts of Scotland and Ireland. The weather, not the Fine Traditions Of Etc, defeated the Armada.

Now personally if I were in charge of the Remain forces, once I realised I'd lost the gage, I'd have sent the Momentum flotilla in close to the rear of the UKIP squadron, enraging the fishermen - presumably both the best sailors and best fighters in the UKIP line - and hopefully pulling them away, then sent my main force into a reverse crossing-the-T on the UKIP van and forced them into a boarding battle - I'm certain Geldof and Church could take Farage and Hoey without breaking a sweat. Much like at Trafalgar the idea is to let chaos and entropy do a lot of the work for you.

I'd have hidden the momentum flotilla in Poplar Dock and formed a feigned retreat into Blackwell Basin with the remain boats, to try and lure the kippers into Blackwell Basin. Once they're in, turn the remain flotilla around and get the momentum flotilla to emerge from Poplar dock at the sides.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Listen I defended you over the Starmer thing but I warn you now, if you get London geography, hydrography, or particularly docks wrong one more time I will run you out of here like a common pygmy.

Capitalist pig doesn't want to flood canary wharf's underground parking

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 5, 2021

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Public engagement projects.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Decline the interview, send them an invite to duel at dawn.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Do you think Britain is irredeemably evil?

Yes
No
I'm English.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

crispix posted:

vote all for unity

ah nivur snogged saddam hussein

Compromise demands we at least hold hands with Saddam

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm trying to imagine this article that's too edgy for the Telegraph.

Waitrose Wine Isn't Really That Good

I Donated To A Food Bank And It Felt Good (But I Won't Do It Again)

Don't Evict Your Tenants Right Away (They Can Watch for Leaks During Lockdown)

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Brit Scrip: can only be exchanged for British goods and services.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"The left can't meme" but it's the political centre and speeches.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Live Action Rabbi Pretender

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The youth aren't suffering enough for my taste.

I am proud of how much I have suffered.

I am going to go and suffer right now, and I'll suffer so hard, that'll show the youth!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Islington North is turned into a farm and they get all the young farmers to come in and farm Islington North.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
With the Japanese trade deal and the sausage wars, I begin to wonder if Liz Truss foresaw the political importance of pork markets.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think it was the Roman Republic that made a calendar which doesn't add up to a whole year. They just said "gently caress it, we'll get nothing done in winter anyway so let's just not count days during it."

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The guy who filled in the rest of the calendar should be stabbed.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is that a Wetherspoons?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Conversions are betrayals; betrayals have a cost.
Does truth pay a prospective convert all that would be lost?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's hardly Sherwood forest they're making.

Also, field with road access? You can market this whole tree idea pretty easily if you play on peoples fears.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 11, 2021

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

forkboy84 posted:

Apparently there's been a big fire at the Scottish Crannog Centre. Which was a museum on the banks of Loch Tay which had a bunch of Iron Age finds from the area as well as a replica of the crannogs that people used to live on there. No idea what the damage is to the artifacts but it doesn't sound good.

Police are saying that a rowing boat was seen approaching the centre prior to the conflagration. They're asking witnesses to come forward if they have any information on a 70ft long vessel in the area with roughly 50 oars, a square sail and several round shields lined up along the bulwarks.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm willing to bet the nurse came up with the drink idea. Wiley sods, them nurses.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
This house has sky so I get access to a whole host of news channels. GB news are in good company when it comes to odd design choices and fallible audio quality. As for the issues they report on, however, they're fairly unique.

I flick through the B list news channels from time to time because most of them are English language news from other parts of the world. They're reporting on:

Erdrogan's visit to Azerbaijan in light of the Nagorno-Karabakh crisis.
Hundreds of thousands of Rohingya people being relocated to a breeze block built hell island.
Israel flag day attacks.
A protester being beheaded in Saudi Arabia.
Iran's elections.
Japan's parliament not dissolving until October.

GB news was interviewing Saj allowing him to explain why Begum should not have citizenship or be allowed into the UK.

Given that they have a niche, I think they could make it. Especially if they keep getting free advertising from any outrage or supposed embarrassments they incur. If left online spheres keep holding them up as an example of everything bad about media, it's going to help the right find them and love them.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Too rees

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Sponger together.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Lib Dem gains in Tory areas aside, I hope the Greens fill more of Labour's voids than the Lib Dems. It'd be a shame for history to look upon the Labour movement as an aberration: something that hung around for a century before things went back to normal Con/Lib balances. It'd be good to make it clear that the reason Labour died is not through a desire to return to Con/Lib, but to move further left.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just scuttle the party already.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Intelligence is universal to our species. It's about what we do with that. Some put their genius to raising families, stretching their anus for impressive photos online, or community organising. Others use it for little more than adding extra custard to their binbag.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
An argument over how Amazon distributes its waste is useless given the context that Amazon should not exist at all.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ThomasPaine posted:

if that could be nationalised

I agree but I think we're talking about different points here. I'm not saying destroy amazon's infrastructure. I'm saying political capital can be easily wasted on the wrong part of these problems. Amazon can fight this fight, lose it, and have everyone think a big win has been achieved because now they're not throwing away as many pieces of slave made crap.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I just wonder if forward looking architectural styles can be developed. I'm getting awfully tired of "Glass fronted building" and "oh the roof is curved and/or at a jaunty angle, how nice"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
IMO we should start tunnelling and shun sunlight altogether. Also means we don't have to worry about exterior design at all.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Anything to keep the conversation on the vaccination program and away from the massacre.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Angepain posted:

they have a full 2:26 version which is no less dystopian. mods please add this autoplaying on all pages of all ukmt threads thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KAWylrnlvA

We have a national anthem sorted out if we go to a republic one day.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What I find patronising is when I'm offered an apprenticeship for an entry level role. Firstly, you're a cheapass oval office. Secondly, you don't need a BTEC Level 2 to move poo poo in a warehouse, and you don't need two years to study for a Level 2. Either admit you're a cheapass oval office, or admit your evaluation of me is someone who needs two years to be taught how to move boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The Tories are going to fire the nukes and no one will even care because they'll hand out some iodine to save tens of thousands of survivors and all will be forgiven.