Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JULIA VS PENELOPE 3 3.26%
HANDICAP MATCH 16 17.39%
CEZAR VS PRETTY ORANGE 43 46.74%
ELITE VS ELITE HUNTER, SKELETON AND KING 25 27.17%
CODY AND BROCK VS FACTORY 2 2.17%
CAGE FIGHT 3 3.26%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I miss Christian's long hair and vertical sunglasses, so there are some notable features he's changed along the way.

Hobbs' story about saving up his allowance to buy those sunglasses Christian wore only to get in huge trouble with his grandparents for wasting his money was so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I really wish CIMA was still able to work America so he could do a match with Christian where they both wear those sunglasses

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's Saturday my dudes!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

it's Saturday my dudes!

Yessss!

and we're closer to our loved Wednesday Nights too!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Saturday is just the Wednesday of the weekend

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I have plans because it's a Saturday :(

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dango Bango posted:

I have plans because it's a Saturday :(

same. plans to watch DYNAMITE WITH MY WRASSLING PALS :woop:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this thread is entering saturday like a desert traveler taking their first sip of water in weeks. save_us.bbt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is it on at 8pm or 10pm today?

:ohdear:

smarxist posted:

plans to watch DYNAMITE WITH MY WRASSLING PALS :woop:

:slick:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Is it on at 8pm or 10pm today?

8 PM

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll be Angelico vibing on TH2 music entrance next wednesday.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 26, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:woop:

Will be so glad when Dynamite goes back to being on Wednesday, my dudes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

I miss Christian's long hair and vertical sunglasses, so there are some notable features he's changed along the way.

I liked the way his toque would stick up between his sunglasses. Total fashion icon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I liked the way his toque would stick up between his sunglasses. Total fashion icon.

Iconic

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Cerebral Bore posted:

They did a mask spot at All Out 2019 that got a huge reaction.

I was so mad, and I looked away.

DON'T TAKE THEIR MASKS

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lucha Bros losing their masks would be even loving stupider than when they did it to Rey in WCW. It’s not happening.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Lucha Bros losing their masks would be even loving stupider than when they did it to Rey in WCW. It’s not happening.

But the idea that they might could sell a lot of tickets to a match where the Bucks get shaved instead

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

rey fenix wear the horns

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I just realized the wedding my I have to go to tonight - making me miss the show tonight- is a Catholic wedding, so I’ll be lucky if I don’t miss Wednesday night’s show too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pinwiz11 posted:

I was so mad, and I looked away.

DON'T TAKE THEIR MASKS

They did a mask spot a few weeks ago where Penta had his mask torn off.

He had another one on underneath. :miedo:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

I just realized the wedding my I have to go to tonight - making me miss the show tonight- is a Catholic wedding, so I’ll be lucky if I don’t miss Wednesday night’s show too.

Tell the lucky pair to light the fuse imo

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

a cyborg mug posted:

Tell the lucky pair to light the fuse imo

If it’s open bar they will definitely feel my boom.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really hate "beat the champ to get a shot at the champ" as a stipulation. That might be WWE-brain slipping in, but maybe not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I really hate "beat the champ to get a shot at the champ" as a stipulation. That might be WWE-brain slipping in, but maybe not.

This comes up every time they do it. It's a discussion that's been done to death.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

enigmahfc posted:

If it’s open bar they will definitely feel my boom.

No "if". It's an open bar.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

i feel like it's just implying the obvious, the only alternative really is that The Young Bucks can't / don't have non-title matches. But if they do, and they lose one, then obviously that team that beat them should get a title shot.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

it's hated in WWE because it's not so much a stipulation, but a foregone conclusion that the champion will lose a non title match to set up a title match, but only sometimes, and even then maybe not. in AEW it's not done every single week and the majority of the time the champs win anyways.

you can hate on the rankings system all you want, but it does its job in being an explanation for why eddie and penta have to 'prove themselves' or w/e you wanna say, compared to the varsity blondes, who despite being lower on the card were allowed a straight up title shot due to being #1 on the rankings from beating up jobber teams for 8 weeks straight on the youtube show.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Personally I really dislike promos and matches. It all feels a bit Fed-ish

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's also often used for heel heat in AEW because it's making you have to win a 20 minute TV match to fight a championship match. Has a challenge won this stipulation in AEW yet?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

If you have conclusively proven that you have what it takes to beat the champ then why shouldn't you get a title shot?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

If you have conclusively proven that you have what it takes to beat the champ then why shouldn't you get a title shot?

It’s kind of lazy booking and best used sparingly, and that’s what AEW is doing so it’s not really a big deal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, it was cool of Tony Khan to put a title match on tonight's episode of Dark Elevation.

yea ok posted:

it's hated in WWE because it's not so much a stipulation, but a foregone conclusion that the champion will lose a non title match to set up a title match, but only sometimes, and even then maybe not. in AEW it's not done every single week and the majority of the time the champs win anyways.

I don't think they've pulled the trigger on "beat the champs to get a title shot" even a single time, actually.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The only time I remember it happening is when Scorpio Sky pinned Jericho in a tag title match, but that wasn't an eliminator match setting like the ones we're discussing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Penguin Patrol posted:

The only time I remember it happening is when Scorpio Sky pinned Jericho in a tag title match, but that wasn't an eliminator match setting like the ones we're discussing.

Yeah that match kind of set a precedent if anything.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That ruled so much. It was right off Full Gear, Jericho was completely full of himself and was like "We're gonna take the tag titles too, bitch, how about that!" and it for all the world just looked like they were just gonna pin Sammy but instead Jericho takes his first pin in the company, outta nowhere, to Scorpio Sky.

Too bad Scorpio completely flopped as a babyface after that. :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, they haven't and this is the first time they've run the stip where you could believably see the other team getting the win

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I can’t wait until they go back to Wednesday shows.

This is the second week in a row I will have to miss.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oooh i can't wait
for aew dynamite
watching wrestling
on a saturday niiiiight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How's your guac game