Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Do the arms dealers stack? Could be pretty fun to get a ton of weapons and then sell them to pretenders on the other side of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
See my one big problem with mod nations is that the author usually has preconceived way that the nation should be played, whether it's a mixture of random events, shuffling units to specific sites, casting spells, or using the god in a specific way. A lot of times there is some spell you are supposed to cast right away that I completely miss.

I appreciate this mod because it gives you one option. One path. Not gonna miss anything because their is nothing to miss with your pretender, scales or magic choices.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

Is that a Troop?

Would 100% GoR it

I can't see a way to do it, because paths restrictions and foreign recruit banning. Only way to get N (I think) would be empowering, random event mage or throne mage bypassing the recruit ban.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I thought if you interrupted a fort being built you could have a commander pick up the leftovers and complete it yourself? Maybe I'm just crazy, felt like that changed.

That being said, interrupting a fort build at this point is absolutely worth it! Tying up your army early game can be a sign of weakness to others. Frankly that effigy of war is super useful for projecting fake strength.

Another thing is that you don't want to be dealing with that Dorf PD. No fort means you're fighting the trash indie pd. If that fort goes up then you have to chew through heavily armored assholes.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

OOrochi posted:

Also I feel like this needs to be highlighted.

Their powerful tail ensures slapping of Aphroi Monstrosities.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Wither weapons are also a great gently caress you to a lost battle.

Nothing like watching your troops finish routing, the enemy stands still while bit by bit soldiers collapse into dust and bones. If you tag a mage with it it's a real :sickos: moment.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Has the dommingled mod for this game been posted yet? I cant remember if it actually happened or if it has been posted.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Arcvasti posted:

Unless they're mages, spies don't get the magic graphs, only provinces/army size/income. Income is pretty much a function of provinces, which are visible with just plain scouts, so this doesn't give them that much real information. It's often not really worth the turns to try and patrol out a spy imo, even if you will also probably catch a bunch of random scouts along the way.

Holy poo poo I didn't realize mage spy's reveal magic graphs. Til.

Although I would be super tempted just to use any of those units as researchers.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question, how do you pull up the god screen that has their paths and dominions? Is it in the UI or a specific keystroke?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Why are they called Metal Slugs anyway?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

Bullets are sometimes called slugs, I guess.

:same:

Nah I like thinking of this as the bug game name.
Slug nation, BEES nations, ant nations, wasp nations, dirt bug nation, water bug nation, and bugged Jedi nation.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Yup so it's a fun game in the early game when you're playing with rocks - every turn you patrol with your god you lose research BUT if you are caught sleeping you're screwed

Gonadic it is absolutely charming how much the rock nation has impacted you. From the clown LP sacreds geared to kick the poo poo out of rocks to helpful "gently caress rocks" tips.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

BaronOhShi posted:

Look I just want to say in advance that things have changed massively since this was started, and this spell might even be removed on dispelling now (Haven't tested properly because life is hell but no worries)..... What kind of mod game would it be without it though?

Also I think of the soundtrack as more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTsXJUkS5zY&t=10s. Extended version, no off switch lets go

So fun fact Advance Wars actually has ties to older games. For example Sensei is Yamamoto is Famicom Wars.

Colin actually has an ancestor in another Super Nintendo Game. In fact there is a website devoted to that ancestor. You can easily see the family resemblance.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Araganzar posted:

So what I want to know is how well do the other players know the mod? Is anyone really aware of the power / brokenness of the spell?

Like when this global goes up are the other players going to be all like :kingsley: and :blastu: or are they just going to think "Well he gets a few commanders and it's a gemgen whatEVER :banjo:" while the mages pile up...

Since he notified everyone the thing broke in Ruby Discord they may have an inkling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Do I spot a dude holding a storm stick?