Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
For all you people that fetishize new tiny threads, there's an undocumented sorting feature. In the forum index, click on "Title(Pages)" which naturally sorts by, uh, date created? I think

Vim Fuego posted:

Right now in GBS like 3/4 of the threads on the first page are megathreads. They have thousands of replies, their own subcultures, and stick around for months or years. That's great. But it makes it a little difficult to find new stuff. I suggest that a megathread toggle button be added to the forums view, which would filter out threads over a certain length and let you see the new stuff that's been posted in whatever forum you're looking at.

astral posted:

If you want strictly new stuff, sort by newest thread by clicking "Title (Pages)", which needs to be exposed a little better.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Every time there is some community issue here the reaction from the admins and the mods seems to be "how can we improve the process / do we need more transparency / let's get community feedback" and absolutely never "have we filled the voluntary staff here with vindictive pieces of poo poo?"

:)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ardennes posted:

I think taking a dump (without any follow up as well) on another poster in a feedback thread is actually bad behavior, yes.

That said, it is a subject for another day.

It's still feedback and sounds like it was given in earnest

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

fosborb posted:

I still can't believe you personally saved Trump's life

Saved trumps life but then someone talked him out of ripping open his dress shirt on the steps of walter reed to reveal a superman logo. this was an actual idea the president had. he only didnt do it because he was stopped

instead we got the video where he gasps and wobbles like a carp out of water

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

swimsuit posted:

i think if we took everyone with a gang tag and shot them into the sun the forum would get a lot better, op

Why? gang tags are like tattoos for your forums account. what about them upsets you?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fortaleza posted:

That was forums poster mcmagic IIRC. Think it may have been in an old iteration of the succzone thread maybe?

Yeah, it was DoomTrainPhd doing the quoting and McMagic arguing with him and losing. hell if I can find it though, I suspect the iteration of the thread where it actually happened got gassed and isn't searchable

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rectal Death Adept posted:

...there is a direct link between a subforum's quality and the amount of moderators and admins that appoint themselves judges of all content posted there...

the worst people that come to these forums have this idea that they should approve of everything posted here. Then they gang up and complain until the moderators eliminate the people and ideas they don't like. That's great when it's harmful ideologies or actual racism but it just never ends.

:sushiyes:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I made a thread in TECH for brainstorming ways to get posters into more different threads. You know, without prohibiting the most popular threads on the forums and driving users off by administrative fiat

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3971762

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm shocked that the posters who post about hating CSPAM and hating the posters of CSPAM want all the popular threads closed or moved.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Athanatos posted:

Holy poo poo I don't care, move on with your lives.

Hey bud, you posted the honeypot. why are you yelling at the flies now?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Hey, aren't you the dude who does nothing but bitch about CSPAM in QCS?

lol yeah

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I thought for the longest time they were talking about The Taint Reaper, a much better poster

Taint Reaped again, for the last time

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Admiral Ray posted:

Yeah, the Climate Change thread is about the same as it was 6 years ago, too. I can understand why most people don't want to hang out in that thread, though.

I hang out in the actual changing climate, that's distressing enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Spergin Morlock posted:

my feedback is that this sucks