Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Athanatos posted:

The "just stop 'doomposting' so much" is not just a CSPAM thing. Sports posters absolutely hate their teams and say things like "welp season over, trash team" when their team is in first place. TVIV has the same thing with hate watching. I could go on and on.

Figuring out if or when to moderate that poo poo is the hard part. I don't have an answer for that. I mean, really the answer is "context matters" and sometimes when people have nothing worth a poo poo to add other than being Eeyore, maybe it's time to move them on from the thread. Like Larry's quote there, it can be an addiction for some people.

But really, it has to do with the vibe of a thread. If a community is fine with that in their space, then that's what the thread is. At some point the majority rules and the community makes itself what it wants to be.

Hatewatching in TVIV was by far the best thing about TVIV and i'm not alone in thinking that. Dexter, Sons Of Anarchy, Terra Nova, The Walking Dead etc

And the climate change thread, is the doom over the top? maybe. but myself and others like that. It's good to have a place that acknowledges the worst case scenario where pretty much everywhere else including real life is literally 'things don't look that bad yet'

My point? everyone likes different things and I have no idea why anyone would want to remove any of the current threads. I don't read the Doomsday Economics or Dems thread, do I want them removed because of that? no. The Glenn thread is full of bickering and arguing anytime I check which is not really my thing but do I want it gone? no, others enjoy it.

Also it's painfully obvious that many of the people who have issues with the trump/chat thread don't actually read it, which is fine but then why would you want it removed? if anything removing it would make the forum worse for you as all the shitposts would spread out into your 'good threads'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hatebag posted:

Any time mods try to change a forum they just make it worse. Just probe people who are pricks or bigots. If there's a thread you don't like, just don't look at it. Maybe they're in there posting pictures of cats and sandwiches communistically. Who cares?

agreed 100%

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bleeding kansas posted:

id want him for mod if i thought hed do it

no way. firstly why are we punishing him and secondly it's probably best to make the next mods have zero posts in the trump/chat thread just so people will stop whining about it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this is very important

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my new feedback is that I like the above users av, and Root is a great game and everyone in cspam should play it

I actually recently got it and am super looking forward to playing it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Athanatos posted:

I also understand every poster in this thread is not representative of the entirety of CSPAM. It's a large space and this thread is very small.

It's a hell of a lot closer to representing CSPAM than any of the QCS threads about CSPAM have ever been! so that's probably some good progress

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Shine posted:

I will add "Pohl and Ardennes have beef" to the list of stuff I've learned today, and ask that you both please move on, this time without any "sorry I'll drop it and [continues it basically]" stuff.

there's too many beefs in general

we must end them and that includes the ones with other subforums

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

cumshitter posted:

everyone in c-spam thinks poofing beefers is dumb as gently caress and i love harton all the more fore it. he doesnt care. like as dumb as his poo poo is the fact that he can casually emerge from his weed cloud and say "beefin a poof" once in a while and drive people up the wall is lol to me

yeah it's great, good job Harton

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this is just creating more beefs

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

cumshitter posted:

just boofed from my vape pen. harton is, was, and will alwys be right

wow yeah that is really funny

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Why the hell do so many people that don't post in the COVID thread, most of whom say they don't even read the COVID thread, care so much about whether or not the thread is to doomer for their personal tastes? Especially since it is nowhere near as doomer as people who self admittedly don't even read it seem to think it is.

Dunno but I enjoyed the thread the most when it was about beans and prepping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jazerus posted:

man you don't have to put on Serious Voice just because this is a feedback thread. the admins are not going to wilt and die at the first sign of a joke. even in qcs there are jokes like all the time

i agree with you but thats a bad example because everything in qcs is a joke